Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Goblin Clan! [OOC Thread]  (Read 4424 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Goblin Clan! [OOC Thread]
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2014, 05:09:36 pm »

[1] The rat bites you! In a rage you drop it and stomp it to death! Now you have a useless rat body AND filch fever!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2014, 04:05:40 pm »

So, how long should we give Jack before moving on without him? I have my action pretty much planned out, so I can just drop it if we want to go.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2014, 04:15:01 pm »

I'll give it a day, then compile a turn.  I'll give him a PM as well.

Edit:  I'd like to take a moment to acknowledge that yes, I am fully aware how fucked-up a method of reproduction the spawning pit is.  :D
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 07:04:23 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2014, 04:45:17 pm »

Name: Jim

Character: Outwardly calm and patient yet somehow indescribably unnerving. Seemingly lacking any regular convictions except for a strange sense of subservience to others. While Jim is always serving, he will not blindly follow anyone. If his master at any point proves to be ineffective at leading, Jim may very well disappear only to be found later following a new more efficient master; a trait derived somewhat from upbringing as well as the eugenics program that birthed him.

Background: Jim was not so much born as created. During the Great War, in the final desperate struggles of darkness and light, there were those under the Demon Olmso that sought out a new tool to use against their foes. Goblins, as some knew, has their origins in secret magic rites and it was thought that similar magics could be utilized to create even more deadly and cunning soldiers for the Dark One's campaign. Experiments began that involved taking various creatures both from the mortal world as well as others brought forth from summoning and then using gruesome tainted magic to blend these creatures together into new forms. Results were... varied in the early trials and alas for the Demon Lord's forces, never became developed enough to see any effective use. A minor exception to that was one of the earliest test trials. Jim never knew what exactly he was created from but his features include ashen skin, dark red tinged eyes and the body of a fairly tall muscular humanoid without any hair. Born with intelligence that surprised his creators, Jim was kept around as an assistant in the secret hidden laboratories where the experiments took place and he managed to learn some of the forbidden knowledge uncovered there before the project was eventually disbanded as the war neared its conclusion. Abandoned with the rest of the experiments when a raid took place, Jim managed to escape while the invaders were occupied with the various monstrosities lurking within. From there he fled across the land until finally coming across a new goblin tribe where he could pledge his services.

Took a little artistic liberty with the character I guess. Hopefully that's alright.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2014, 11:41:44 pm »

Spoiler: Personal Rant/Apology (click to show/hide)
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2014, 08:34:29 am »

To be honest, I don't think it's such a big deal, ether way. Games living, games dying, it's all part of the flow  in forum games and roleplaying. Personally, I don't mind if you do start a new game every month and let your old game die. My enjoyment of games comes from the GMs skills in writing or drawing or making of mechanical systems, or the players skills if it's a roleplaying game. Those don't go away if you have a new game every month, and thus, honestly, I don't enjoy them less than sticking with one game.

So I guess that is to say, I don't mind what you do ether way. Although I wouldn't want to see you go super hard all in on a few games, but then fail and burn out completely.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2014, 11:12:53 am »

Spoiler: Personal Rant/Apology (click to show/hide)

It is worth it to me if it is worth it to you. Some people thrive under a good deadline, some people do not. Forum game GMs don't get paid, so if you do it, it should be because you enjoy doing it, or because you feel you can grow from doing it. It is totally okay to be selfish here; That is how I opperate. If a good GM (and you are a good GM) operates a game the way he or she damn well pleases, the vast majority of the time the players will find a way to enjoy it.

Do not martyr yourself for internet strangers over a forum game.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2014, 11:17:20 am »

Yea. Most people can't run more than ONE game, if that.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]