Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24

Author Topic: The United Assembly - Delegating Global Progress [4/12]  (Read 17242 times)

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The United Assembly - Delegating Global Progress
« Reply #240 on: September 26, 2014, 04:43:52 am »

Vin Dong Eel - New gavalon
"i would like to second Minister Fezzik proposal and let the council put the political and beurocracy discussion aside and send our aid to those in need" he look annoyed
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 26, 2014, 05:23:11 am »

May i ask that the changes or whatever Chapter 9 is, is brought forward so that we can have a look at it again? This forest of Proposals and amendements is quite chaotic indeed.
[/b]
(It's already in the chapter, though should still be ratified by the board of first nations.)

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 26, 2014, 06:42:25 am »

May i ask that the changes or whatever Chapter 9 is, is brought forward so that we can have a look at it again? This forest of Proposals and amendements is quite chaotic indeed.[/b]
(It's already in the chapter, though should still be ratified by the board of first nations.)
(It's not, it has to be ratified first.)
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 26, 2014, 07:06:33 am »

Spoiler: PC-M-001-C1-A-0 (click to show/hide)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 26, 2014, 07:59:07 am »

Well then Teton votes aye.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #245 on: September 26, 2014, 10:05:37 am »

Supreme Representative Robert

With all due respect, Minister Fezzik Uharo, you do not have the authority to call any council to order. I request that you follow formal procedings, and therefore move to the Council of first nations, where we'll need to decide to ratify Chapter 9, or move to the Justice Council, both of which are currently in session.
Minister Fezzik Uharo — Jegula
Minister Uharo shoots him a heated look, speaking quite fast as his patience, like everyone else's, was wearing quite thin now.

: Please Mr. Robert, they were only recommendations! For God's sake I don't pretend to have the power to call anyone to order, I'm just trying to keep the priorities of this council foremost in everyone's minds-!

Uharo fights to keep his voice below a shout.

: Jegula votes Yea!

Jiharo

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 26, 2014, 11:31:24 am »

Sir Gustav Hertmann - Tirinia

"I would like to invite my fellow members of the Economic Council to join me in the new Council chamber."

Morh Diban - Ordia
What is the goal of today's meeting? Do we have trade agreements to ratify or are we going to respond to some of the economic-related world happenings?
All your goblin bone bolts, suddenly rising up in vengeance...
I wonder ... is it smart amunition or dumb amunition?

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 26, 2014, 10:31:05 pm »

TODAY’S TOP HEADLINE: The Queen’s Spyglass

Outrage Over Election Results in Ulvan
September 26th, 2014
As more nations pledge their support to the Avalian peacekeeping mission that will soon be underway in Ulvan, new outrage has been stirred this week over the results of an election that was considered by many to be Ulvan’s last hope to resolve its problems on its own. The government announced Tuesday that the current ruling party had won the election with 100% of the vote and a 98% voter turnout in a press release that went on to declare it a “mandate of the people” to continue its political agenda. As the Ulvan government and increasing numbers of rebel forces begin to square off in a power struggle for the fate of the nation, it begs the question… whose side is Avalia on, anyway? (cont. p.3)
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 28, 2014, 02:54:56 am »

Sir Gustav Hertmann - Tirinia

*Sir Gustav Hertmann come back inside the Assembly Hall, carrying a large bundle under his arm.*

My dear fellows, since the Janitorial Affairs Department is denying us our own Council chambers, we will have to make do with what we have. As such, I asked my staff to make those signs, and I'll ask you to wave them while addressing the Economic Council. To make things clear, please also announce in a clear and bold voice which council you're addressing at the beginning of your intervention.

Economic Council - First Session

"Now, with this out of the way, let's get to business. First of all, I intend to chair this council in a more deliberative and consultative way than what we experienced in the Policy Committee. We do not have a crisis to attend to, so we might as well take our time. As such, I propose that we start by a brainstorming session before we start the business of actually proposing formal actions and amendments.

That being said, I can see three areas that need our attention. First of all is trade. The current system as exposed in the charter can be described as international barter, and it suffers from every problem barter has, among other thing that we do not know what nations wants to trade, and there is no reasons to assume they want what we have. I'm not sure what would be the best way to streamline trade, and I welcome your suggestion.

Then there is the money situation. While the assembly collected quite a lot of cash, it is just laying around at the moment. I even got a note from Mrs. Pennywinkle, the Deputy Secretary for Janitorial Affairs complaining that mice made their nest in the wads of Avalian dollars and, I quote, "Are crapping all over the lobby". I suggest creating an Agency to manage that money on the United Assembly's behalf, investing the surplus in projects that will benefit all of mankind while provide a return to further fund the Assembly's projects.

Finally there is the matter of the Smiles Inc. trial. Of course it is not up to us to try to influence the work of the Justice Council, but all the same both sides have made economic arguments regarding the case, which we are uniquely suited to investigate. As such, I propose creating an Advisory Board that will draft a report on the case.

So, what do you think gentlemen?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #249 on: September 28, 2014, 03:05:11 am »

((Doesn't Rob have to call a committee to order first?))

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 28, 2014, 03:08:12 am »

((He did.))

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 28, 2014, 03:13:14 am »

((I did))

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 28, 2014, 03:30:03 am »

TODAY’S TOP HEADLINE: The Daily Trumpet

Bloodbath in Travaalian Streets
September 27th, 2014
Shocking news from the province of Travaal as the separatist conflict between the Travaalian government and one of the separatist groups currently fighting for dominance in the nation, calling itself the AFF, escalated violently in one of Travaal’s most populated cities. The AFF met with Travaalian peacekeeping forces in the city, which eyewitness reports described as “overwhelmingly well-equipped.” The Travaalian army succeeded in quelling the insurgents in a show described as “something out of an action movie,” where at least half a dozen helicopters were flown into the city and “destroyed everything that moved.” Both sides incurred heavy casualties on the city’s population, leaving an estimated 17 thousand dead. World leaders warn that the situation can only get worse if intervention is not made promptly.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 28, 2014, 04:07:19 am »

Sumpreme Representative Robert - Avalia : Currently Attending the Board of First Nations

Well then, as Avalia also votes in favor, the adoption of Chapter 9 is now a fact. With that, I end this forum and this meeting of the Board of First nations.

Spoiler: PC-M-001-C1-A-0 (click to show/hide)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 28, 2014, 04:18:38 am »

Shouldn't the Security Council address the Ulvan crisis?

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24