Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]

Author Topic: The United Assembly - Delegating Global Progress [4/12]  (Read 17230 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: The United Assembly - Delegating Global Progress
« Reply #345 on: January 16, 2015, 10:51:35 am »

Too much work.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 16, 2015, 10:56:49 am »

Dusting himself off the Tetonian Ambassador perked back up
Well then gentlemen and ladies, where exactly were we?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: January 16, 2015, 01:01:18 pm »

A small hill of discarded food wrappers, glass bottles and other detritus begins to shift beneath the Zimiateon ambassador's podium, before a small, gnarled hand breaks free and flexes dramatically, followed by the thin, ravaged body of the Zimiateon representative dressed in tattered ambassadorial regalia. This causes a major avalanche on the hill of detritus, everything rushing to reach the floor first, glass bottles bouncing and shattering all over the floor. A flaming tire inexplicably rolls out of this.

The ambassador has reached the podium by this point, takes a deep breath and waits for the cacophony to die down before announcing in a creaky but clear voice:

Which one of you bastards locked me in the fucking chambers!?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: January 16, 2015, 01:18:31 pm »

Haha, are we really doing this? I was just being snippy. But, I mean, if you really want to, and you manage to get the gang back together again (or replace them, I guess)...
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: The United Assembly - Delegating Global Progress (We're Hiring?)
« Reply #349 on: January 16, 2015, 01:31:52 pm »

((I'm in.

Just so long as you're in, you were gone for quite a while. Hopefully everything is alright.))
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 01:33:44 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: January 16, 2015, 01:35:18 pm »

In theory I really like this game, in practice it seems very unclear how to sensible proceed with our wincons AND try to keep up with all the random events.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 16, 2015, 01:39:50 pm »

This is more a subject for the OOC thread, but I will say that you really don't need to keep up with all the random events; you aren't the only force in the world, just the strongest. It's fine to ignore things if they aren't relevant to what committees you're holding at the moment. The random events have nothing to do with your objectives and you could safely ignore all of them at no greater repercussion than being slagged in the newspapers. Saving the world won't win you the game.

Just continue at what leisurely pace of bureaucracy is comfortable for you, ignore everything that's not convenient to address, and squabble your interpersonal battles. Like real politicians.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]