Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 62

Author Topic: In the Name of Revenge [3.5 DnD Evil Campaign] IC Thread  (Read 65197 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: In the Name of Revenge [3.5 DnD Evil Campaign] IC Thread
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2014, 10:38:38 pm »

"Cost? Nothing. As I said, safety in numbers. Creatures foul and fair as well as bandits travel the waterways. They are less likely to attack a group of seven than a group of two. My son and me are heading to Lakeview. We plan to stay there for a while before travelling to Captain. We tired of the constant bandit attacks on our farm near Forecrest."
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2014, 10:43:09 pm »

Harmony smiled jovially.

[color=lightblue[glow=
Harmony quickly adjusts speaking patterns, adopting a lighthearted, slightly mocking jaunty tone, in the manner of a jester.

"Ah, what luck! If all are agreeable, we would be happy to join you on your fine specimen of a craft."

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2014, 10:47:14 pm »

"Ha! Fine specimen indeed. Give us a moment." so saying he and his son begin piloting the craft next to the shore and stops it "Climb aboard!"

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2014, 11:12:27 pm »

Bill gets on the boat, once someone else has.
"Thanks for the ride."

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2014, 11:30:30 pm »

Galia climbs aboard the boat, grumbling to herself for being referred to as part of a "menagerie". She was about to make up a story about "Arana" being a surrealist comic whose jokes stem from insanity, until she realizes the implications of Harmony's story; masquerading as a performer could be the perfect excuse to pick up minions-- stage hypnotists count as performers, right?

She approaches the older man with a pleasing smile and "introduces" herself.

"Fine to meet you. I'm Liaga Erynrochil, and I am a master of hypnotism, using my skill to great effect on the stage."

All the while, Galia assumes the posture and prose of a true gentlewoman, hoping to gain the man's trust for the next part of her nefarious plan.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2014, 11:43:00 pm »

Ilandrinal walks to the edge of the shore and hops aboard, before turning to his temporary host in thanks.

"Your aid is appreciated," he says, dropping the word "captain" in sylvan.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2014, 09:17:48 am »

"I don't know what you mean stranger... But as for hypnotism I'm not really impressed. I have nothing against folks who practice magic but I ask that they keep it away from me. It hasn't happened to anyone I know but I don't trust the idea of someone being able to jiggy around in my mind or throw fire out of their hands. It just doesn't seem natural and I don't trust it."

"Dad, it's not that bad. The guilds keep this sorta thing in check."

"They say they do. But what's to stop some uppity wizard from changing their mind? Hell, I heard that these blightlands were fromed by a wizard trying to create a spell that could destroy entire cities."

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2014, 12:25:05 pm »

Galia quickly sees the opportunity to figure out how long it's been since the defeat.

"Really? How long ago was that?"
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2014, 01:05:21 pm »

"I don't really know miss. I know when we came through here a year ago... This used to be a beautiful meadow. You'd probably do well to ask someone in Lakeview. I know Argon the Tall is really interested in magic. He might know. I suppose the bunch of you don't travel through this area too often. Can't blame ya. Even when the land was plentiful there were bandits galore."

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2014, 01:38:01 pm »

Harmony burst into a merry laugh, twirling her knife about one hand with an idle flash.

Bah, enough of this dreary talk! The sun is too fine to be discussing such morbid things; why, you haven't even introduced yourselves, good sirs! Now, who might I be making my acquaintance with, and what might we do for you?"

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2014, 03:01:19 pm »

Galia recalls to the son's comment on magic being "not that bad", and decides to see to that. She turns to him and assumes a kind demeanor.

"So you feel that magic isn't 'that bad'? Would you be interested in a little demonstration? Who knows, perhaps you have the spark."

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2014, 04:08:25 pm »

Harmony burst into a merry laugh, twirling her knife about one hand with an idle flash.

Bah, enough of this dreary talk! The sun is too fine to be discussing such morbid things; why, you haven't even introduced yourselves, good sirs! Now, who might I be making my acquaintance with, and what might we do for you?"

While the boy seems distracted talking to Galia the man replies to you "My name is Arsolf. The boy's name is Ganron. All you need to do is keep an eye out. We were nearly hit by bandits a few days ago. Like I said, seven is much more imposing than two. Especially when some of those seven are carrying swords and crossbows and the like."

"So you feel that magic isn't 'that bad'? Would you be interested in a little demonstration? Who knows, perhaps you have the spark."

"Ha! Me? No spark here. I wouldn't even want it if I had it. Um..." the youth shifts nervously "Well I mean, no offense but I just never found magic too um... captivating. It seems fun but getting my hopes up would likely just be disappointing in the long run... But um..." The Youth was obviously highly interested in magic. However he kept glancing at his father who was engrossed with Harmony.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2014, 04:20:30 pm »

"Pleasure to meet you, Arsolf, and rest assured, we shall protect this marvelous craft from any fell attack with our mighty weapons of war. See that strapping young lad over there?"

She gestures theatrically towards Bill.

"That is Billbo the Unbeatable, master of daring! They say he wrestled Death himself and won, and there have been none who could face him before or since. In spite Nerull cursed his conqueror out of petty spite, and that is the reason his skin carries the pallor of death. Quite the story, a thing to be told in full one of these nights, perhaps. But I digress; rest easy, friend, for you are safe with us now. I shall even take first watch, for is not the starlight clearest 'gainst the black in the clarity of moonrise?"

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2014, 04:27:00 pm »

"Ha! Me? No spark here. I wouldn't even want it if I had it. Um..." the youth shifts nervously. "Well I mean, no offense but I just never found magic too um... captivating. It seems fun but getting my hopes up would likely just be disappointing in the long run... But um..." The Youth was obviously highly interested in magic. However he kept glancing at his father who was engrossed with Harmony.
"C'mon, why don't I show you some time? It'd be fun!"

Does the 'ferry' have any below-decks, or perhaps a cabin? Anywhere private? We haven't set off yet, either, right?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 04:32:51 pm by Tawarochir »

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2014, 04:51:34 pm »

"Oh? Hm... I have heard of a dungeon delver who was undead." Arsolf cast a glance to Bill before he finished his reply "Well if you insist on taking a watch I won't stop you."

"C'mon, why don't I show you some time? It'd be fun!"

Does the 'ferry' have any below-decks, or perhaps a cabin? Anywhere private? We haven't set off yet, either, right?

"Well... Okay. But we can't let father know."

Casting a glance around this raft is barely large enough for the group. Fifteen feet by fifteen feet. Largely flat and seems stable.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 62