Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

Author Topic: Insurgency OOC-Thread  (Read 8470 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: Insurgency OOC-Thread - Full Players, IC Thread crops up soon...
« Reply #165 on: September 18, 2014, 09:11:20 pm »

Ghaz, a suggestion? Maybe if you have an excessive force multiplier, you shouldn't be able to use check your fire more than once, so you can't have helis do less collateral damage in the city than infantry.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 18, 2014, 09:12:56 pm »

That won't really solve the problem though, he can still just squash us and win while we have no way to resist.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 18, 2014, 09:14:44 pm »

Yeah, but it'll still make it harder for him.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 18, 2014, 09:16:20 pm »

Not really. Consequences don't matter if we're dead already.

We have to live long enough for other nations to step in.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 18, 2014, 09:18:31 pm »

Well, if he destroys our army but we still have one territory, we aren't completely gone, right?
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 18, 2014, 09:20:00 pm »

But will you have the territory? You rebelled he can just wipe you out and be done with it whenever he likes and even if you mobilized your entire population he'd crush you like a bug in 1 turn.

He could just roll in a tank battalion and its game over.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 10:02:24 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 19, 2014, 01:11:17 am »

I'm pretty sure the excessive force multiplier counts before the check your fire order, so the attack helicopter would only have 10 attack and defense if you want zero collateral.

Doesn't really matter though, as none of the insurgents have a way to even hit air units.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 19, 2014, 06:57:28 am »

I Should have mentioned that before maybe but Excessive Force cannot be undone by Check your Fire so effectively he still does 5 Collateral Damage at 15 strength.
A Side note you do not lose just because your initial assaults fail. As long as you can raise units and deploy them you are not out of the game.
And yes his use of Apache Choppers and most of his military INSIDE his own Country due to unrest on the ass-end of it will cause major political backlash. If he sends the choppsers you can expect to get flooded with anti-air support supplies from various factions and countries.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 19, 2014, 07:16:12 am »

Kinda does bone me. I need to make profit to get men. I'm about to be wiped out in a battle I have no hope of winning against 20 APC.

That ain't a profit so unless other nations are gonna send me funds to use in aiding the seperatists I'm doomed. The money 3man makes won't support a large force and his mission to increase the pay is impossible now the only vulnerable district was my target and it has 20 units of military grade APC about to reinforce it.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 07:18:27 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 19, 2014, 07:32:28 am »

The produced units only get their next turn. I'd be more worried about the 50 headed your way TBH :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 19, 2014, 07:35:31 am »

Kinda my point. I might as well just surrender now I have no hope of doing anything in this game when your sending an army at me before I've even arrived.I have no choice but to attack if I wanna gain men but I can't win an attack when your sending a freaking army after me from the very first moment.

Your giving me literally 0 chance in this game.
Caine's law.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 19, 2014, 07:43:46 am »

I have not yet processed orders, mostly since most orders aren't in yet, so you can edit them.
Furthermore whining won't help you. It has been stated that the setup of Taricus country is the extra-hard mode and that the position you are attacking is within reach of a sizeable chunk of Taricus military, which should have made you think twice before bringing everything to bear right at the beginning.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 19, 2014, 07:45:34 am »

Not whinning. Just seems a little unfair for him to deploy enough soldiers to level a country on us before we even start a fight.

What's the province above Ozath and the one above that? They have no names on them on the map
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 08:03:37 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 19, 2014, 08:48:36 am »

We aren't whining, it just seems wrong that he would be able to know all our actions and react before we actually do them in the game.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 19, 2014, 08:59:21 am »

He has a cutting edge military. He probably has spy satellites.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14