Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Author Topic: Insurgency OOC-Thread  (Read 8479 times)

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Insurgency OOC-Thread - Full Players, IC Thread crops up soon...
« Reply #150 on: September 17, 2014, 09:47:15 am »

Thanks, got all my personal problems taken care of and I got a job that has me excited to go to work every day so I feel confident in taking on one or two games now.

And the chance to stick it to the man can not be passed up. No offense intended Taricus.
Before you start a war, you better know what your fighting for.
If loves a fight, then I shall die, with my heart on a trigger.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 17, 2014, 09:48:45 am »

Thanks, got all my personal problems taken care of and I got a job that has me excited to go to work every day so I feel confident in taking on one or two games now.

And the chance to stick it to the man can not be passed up. No offense intended Taricus.

Didn't know you had those. anyways glad your happy now.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 17, 2014, 02:41:14 pm »

right now we are full but i can put you in the waitlist for a potential second game. And yes you will start with a focus on the military/government branch you are in and yes you will start wherever the usual main base of that branch is.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 17, 2014, 02:53:47 pm »

That's great thanks I'll create a sheet tonight or tomorrow so you have an idea of what I plan. If you'd rather I keep it out of the thread I can send it by PM.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 18, 2014, 07:01:26 am »

When I send in money to get reinforcements can I request specific units? Also, do I have an infantry unit between rookie and veteran or just the 2?
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 18, 2014, 02:30:52 pm »

Oooohhh, you guys are gonna start hot eh?

Hope you don't mind my scorching heat  8)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 18, 2014, 02:33:26 pm »

..... Your countering every single move every one of us made on turn 1, we have no possibility of winning this at all if your going to counter our moves before they're even made.

You.could at least let us actually declare hostilities before you crush us.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 03:00:38 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 18, 2014, 05:44:36 pm »

taric, you be screwed m8. the west will freak about you using 5 wings of helis against a small insurgency in a major population center.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 18, 2014, 06:42:09 pm »

That's why they're guarding Patrick, They're not shooting first. As for the helis, check your fire works on them as well, and I've stated to ghaz that they'll use it to it's full effect.

Besides, given the US's penchant for drone strikes, I don't think a helicopter wing, especially against an assault, is going to really warrant much attention.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 18, 2014, 06:45:00 pm »

...well, then, I'm screwed. how could tariq know all of this stuff, ICly, and make the moves to stop it? is tariq magic?

edit: also, yes, I know that helis can use check your fire, and I just realized that it's really, really weird that you can still get 15 damage with helicopters in a city, while doing less collateral damage then basic rjikswacht.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 06:51:25 pm by Playergamer »
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 18, 2014, 07:05:03 pm »

They're kinda making a fair point Taricus. Your actions are aimed specifically at blocking the actions they've stated, actions that you know nothing about.

Why are you sending attack choppers to a city that's been at peace for years? Or sending massive guard forces to towns and cities that have had no threat made against them now or any time in recent memory?
Or sending patrols into the exact areas they intend to be active in for the first turn?

I don't mean this to be offensive, but your giving them no possibility of success and blatantly using knowledge you don't possess.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 07:08:51 pm by PewdsRocks »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 18, 2014, 07:35:39 pm »

Well, for starters, I was going to run that plan anyway. Regardless of anything else, the fact the isolated rural areas aren't paying their taxes is at the very least a valid concern for sending out troops.

Secondly, they do have a chance. They just have to not blow it by doing stupid shit like say... heading into important urban areas the government would actually care about? :P

Thirdly, I do doubt there is much in the way of realism, given the artillery ranges along with the fact a PMC can spawn in the middle of nowhere. :P

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 18, 2014, 07:43:58 pm »

Not paying their taxes starting a second ago, though. Azbath isn't really a huge urban area, either, so I don't see why you'd send that many helicopters to deal with it. Can we just have a turn without having an entire army breathing down our throat?

But, yeah, Ghaz, it would probably be better if you can only use check your fire a certain amount of times, so you can't have helicopter sniping that does 75 damage and no collat.

Finally, how much would it cost for me to buy cheap anti-aircraft?
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 18, 2014, 07:52:09 pm »

So we're supposed to win by what? Doing nothing and hoping old age gets you? We have to do this to get the resources to fight you at all.
And you just happen to have been planning the exact right actions to counter every single one of us.

Forgive me if I don't believe that you predicted the moves of 5 different people before they knew themselves perfectly.
But my earlier point remains, we have no hope of winning this when your very first action is to hit a mosquito with a sledge hammer.

Ghaz can we have something in place to give us a chance here? Like maybe UN agents arrive to investigate rumours of mass murder by government forces so that for a limited time Taricus has to be on his best behaviour so to speak.

We need something to give us a little breathing space at the start of this is going to be a very short very one sided fight.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 08:03:54 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 18, 2014, 08:57:33 pm »

So we're supposed to win by what? Doing nothing and hoping old age gets you? We have to do this to get the resources to fight you at all.
And you just happen to have been planning the exact right actions to counter every single one of us.

Forgive me if I don't believe that you predicted the moves of 5 different people before they knew themselves perfectly.
But my earlier point remains, we have no hope of winning this when your very first action is to hit a mosquito with a sledge hammer.

Ghaz can we have something in place to give us a chance here? Like maybe UN agents arrive to investigate rumours of mass murder by government forces so that for a limited time Taricus has to be on his best behaviour so to speak.

We need something to give us a little breathing space at the start of this is going to be a very short very one sided fight.

Basically this.

This is going to turn out into a "Hmm, let me wait for the insurgents to post and then counter with my units cause...that's the right thing to do as a military dictator with knowledge of these attacks" than it's just not fun. I mean at least in DF you have a chance (small sometimes but it's there) but this isn't !!FUN!! it's just a rofl stomp.

We should at least have temp units that can fight this off or tank most of the damage before dying. This way we can play for more than 5 turns.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14