Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14

Author Topic: Insurgency OOC-Thread  (Read 8478 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: Insurgency OOC-Thread - Full Players, IC Thread crops up soon...
« Reply #135 on: September 16, 2014, 08:29:39 am »

Update initially available Units and initial stocks of Insurgent players. Remember Public Relations and support from outside are important for you...also you can start posting.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 16, 2014, 08:34:20 am »

Do I choose my own starting location? Also how much does it cost to promote a rookie unit to veteran and.to recruit a rookie unit?

Oh and how often do we pay upkeep?

« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 09:24:40 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 16, 2014, 09:22:42 am »

Do battles resolve instantly, or do they happen over multiple turns? Can we spend money on propaganda, like I'm trying to in my turn, and can we buy weapons/sell assets to each other?
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 16, 2014, 12:33:57 pm »

@Patrick:
Your starting locations will be in occupied areas of your various employer. If you finish an employment your units will be redeployed to the pool as they are right now.
Upkeep is paid every turn.
You cannot Recruit units, you get them assigned from your headquarter if you sent enough money back. Basically as long as you work profitable you get more units or access to more supplies.
Your current units in the pool don't cost money at least until they are deployed... (also no promotions)

@Playergamer:
Battles can drag our over multiple turns if the two forces are hardy enough.
You can buy and sell weapons and assets to each other and even to the "AI"(me) for profits.
Spending Money on Propaganda will not work. However you can approach Countries anyway, usually they will give you certain missions and according to these your relations with them improve and through that access to support from them.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 16, 2014, 12:35:51 pm »

Well my employer has no territory does that mean I can deploy them along side his troops?
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 16, 2014, 12:37:03 pm »

aye

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 16, 2014, 12:38:55 pm »

Ok thanks. Can I send equipment to my base to gain more troops or does it have to be money?
Caine's law.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 16, 2014, 12:43:36 pm »

You can sell equipment and send the money back.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 16, 2014, 12:46:02 pm »

Ok. Will other groups other then players try to hire me or my base send me assignments? Last question I promise.
Caine's law.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 16, 2014, 01:03:09 pm »

your base will occasionally send you assignments but no besides the players nobody will hire you.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 16, 2014, 01:05:22 pm »

Darn I was gonna talk to some non government controlled groups about contract's in future to make some money.
Caine's law.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 16, 2014, 05:50:04 pm »

Ghaz, questions: Are the Azbaths/Luthans in the ghettos north of me just generic population, or actually considered by the mechanics as Azbaths/Luthans, and thus supportive of me?

Can I not make units with riot gear/other stuff, or will it just not show me what units I can make until I get my hands on those things?

Can I buy assets from the outside world?

What/Can insurgents use IC if they capture areas that produce it?

Could I make deals with the outside world, instead of just taking what mission they give me (for example, saying "if you support us in taking this uranium mine, we'll give you all the uranium that comes out of it.")?
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 17, 2014, 04:25:26 am »

The Azbathians/Luthians from that Area are considered general population since they more or less integrated properly into south Africa. If you manage to conquer those regions and get independence they will be considered Azbathi/Luthi again.

You can make those when you capture them. I just don't want to handle every single weapon on display for every single player.

Yes you can

no you cannot. The Industry is private and works for the government only because they are a legal country and can through laws decide to take over the action. You however are nothing but a rebel at the moment, a bandit barging in pressing guns against heads and telling them to work...which they won't.

Yes you potentially can.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 17, 2014, 09:14:59 am »

I'm going to put a coup character in for the waitlist but before I do I need.to.clarify some things to make its background.

• Does the branch of the military or government your in effect your initial units and relations with the units from your own branch?
    For example if I was a colonel in the air force would I begin with more of the paratroopers and such and have better odds of them swapping sides to join me?
  • Do I begin in the location of my command for example if I was stationed in Cape town is that where I would begin with my army?
  • Purely as a matter of interest will the game include ships? Or will the marines and sailors operate on land?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 10:12:09 am by PewdsRocks »
Before you start a war, you better know what your fighting for.
If loves a fight, then I shall die, with my heart on a trigger.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 17, 2014, 09:22:18 am »

I'm going to put a coup character in for the waitlist but before I do I need.to.clarify some things to make its background.

• Does the branch of the military or government your in effect your initial units and relations with the units from your own branch?
    For example if I was a colonel in the air force would I begin with more of the paratroopers and such and have better odds of them swapping sides to join me?
  • Do I begin in the location of my command for example if I was stationed in Cape town is that where I would begin with my army?

Welcome back pewd.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14