Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 799770 times)

phoden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #2700 on: November 21, 2015, 03:57:11 pm »

I know its just the guy working on it is completly silent.
I don't know if they have a patreon or anything.

... There are two people working on it. And they reacted recently.

Using patreon just makes GW send lawyers at you. This has kinda been discussed before.

What do you mean what's wrong with funding Interstellar army simulator 2016?

Guardsman111

• Bay Watcher
  • 91st Special Action Regiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: November 21, 2015, 07:27:20 pm »

Its not whats wrong with funding it but whats wrong with interstellar army simulator. Copyright infringement is the name of the game.
Check out Special Space Force, an army management sci-fi strategy game, at www.bitsparkentertainment.co.uk

phoden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: November 21, 2015, 08:34:48 pm »

bug- If you try to allow free transfers and transer a marine to the HQ he will dissapear from the list of marines but still count as alive and on a ship

Thy Reaper

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: November 22, 2015, 12:37:31 am »

Its not whats wrong with funding it but whats wrong with interstellar army simulator. Copyright infringement is the name of the game.

We're going to be avoiding any copyright infringement with the new build of IAS, so there shouldn't be any issues should we find a means to fund it.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: November 22, 2015, 05:40:56 am »

IAS is such a blatant attempt at working around the copyright rules I don't think it hold in front of any lawyer.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

soyweiser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: November 22, 2015, 07:27:09 am »

IAS is such a blatant attempt at working around the copyright rules I don't think it hold in front of any lawyer.

Combined with this whole thread as an almost confession, I think any GW lawyer will have a easy case.

phoden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: November 22, 2015, 08:24:56 am »

another bug:

Sometimes when a battle happens with not a lot of troops you'll randomly get stacks of Xnumber at your side.

I had this bug happen in a necron tomb world.

I sent down 5 marines with bikes and a bomb.

The game thought I had 300 people there so necron spawned big murdered athe front troops since the Xnumber stacks don't do anything.

and randomy because of it my first company also died

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: November 22, 2015, 08:50:38 am »

I usually drop my Spryer-killing crew.
Although that mission is also buggy as sin.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Thy Reaper

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: November 22, 2015, 09:32:05 am »

What is copyrighted and what isn't is usually pretty straightforward. Names, images, stories and the like are covered. Rules and mechanics are not. The path that a final product took to get where it is is irrelevant as well. Is there any specific aspect of IAS you think is unavoidably a copyright infringement?

Combined with this whole thread as an almost confession, I think any GW lawyer will have a easy case.

It's obvious that Chapter Master violated copyright, but without money changing hands, it was happily ignored. That's why we need to clear out all the infringing content, just like how you can make a youtube video with a music track that violates copyright, and removing just that track fixes the problem.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 09:37:56 am by Thy Reaper »

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: November 22, 2015, 03:26:34 pm »

Duke was making not more then 500 dollars per month on the top of his money flow. Does not look, like they really lost any of sweet shekels.

phoden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: November 22, 2015, 03:49:28 pm »

Question , So I read that daemon words come about when chaos dudes conquer a planet.
For me a full umperial control planet had a daemon incursion and now its daemonic and the daemons are fighting the tyranids  that infected the system.

So , is there a possiblity for exterminatus or is this something i'll need to fight eternaly or just let the tyranids and chaos fight it over

I mean the IG is also there with a few milion troops upon the second and third planet but we know the ig unless they can bombard their kinda useless and they only bombard when the planet is no longer imperial
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 04:08:48 pm by phoden »

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: November 22, 2015, 04:39:42 pm »

1) if you let enemies of the emperor fight each other.. THEY STEAL YOUR KILLS
2) Exterminatus is the way to get emperor senpai attention
3) Exterminatus is the only way to make this shitty world not to spawn chaos ships. So it is only viable solution.

Unluckilly you cant start  manually purging demon world by equipping  marines with BIG BRUSHES  and mops full of holy water to remove corruption.

phoden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: November 22, 2015, 05:05:07 pm »

1) if you let enemies of the emperor fight each other.. THEY STEAL YOUR KILLS
2) Exterminatus is the way to get emperor senpai attention
3) Exterminatus is the only way to make this shitty world not to spawn chaos ships. So it is only viable solution.

Unluckilly you cant start  manually purging demon world by equipping  marines with BIG BRUSHES  and mops full of holy water to remove corruption.

So only exterminatus can stop a daemon world.

I gues sinceI only need 1 won on the ground I could attack the tyranids instead rather than the hordes of chaos.

Sadly the random enemies with inquisition event I can't buy inquisitions cuz i'm at -5 how they haven't declared renegades yet I don't understand.

But for the first time in about 200 turns I haven't gotten a single ork waaaghhh , tons of tyranids and cults everywhere and now a daemon world right next to a forgeworld.

Sadly even the tech priests hate me so i can't buy artefacts to *gift*

Also I have a bug where it says I purged the heresy to 0% while it's still at 20% or something like that.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: November 22, 2015, 05:33:57 pm »

Ironically, GW's aggressive pursuance of their copyright is a large part of the problem concerning the popularity of 40k.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

phoden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: November 22, 2015, 06:25:02 pm »

What would happen if the tyranids ate the other 2 planets would their hivefleet eternaly assalt the demon world or just leave to fuck up everything else
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 288