This weekend.
- 8 (50%)
Next week.
- 0 (0%)
Next weekend.
- 3 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 89

Author Topic: Minecraft: Dwarven Stronghold - see last post  (Read 125972 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Stronghold - Stop asking for coordinates in the thread.
« Reply #735 on: November 08, 2014, 06:38:02 pm »

Hence the floating inverted pyramid at the map ceiling with a bastion block to prevent pillaring/bridging.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: November 08, 2014, 06:53:40 pm »

Well, TBH, I was hoping we could just have a little tunnel leading in with that canal. But people seemed pretty game on building a huge surface town.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: November 09, 2014, 12:19:40 am »

I probably should have pointed out it's a bad idea to build anything between level 16 and bedrock if you want to remain hidden. But we built stuff aboveground that anyone tunneling for Diamonds can easily see on minimap.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Civcraft/comments/2lq75c/pvp_papa_gets_into_an_intense_1v1_with_a_15_block/

I've been told that Kepur is actually papa himself. and er, I think that picture happened yesterday.
Mixed iron armour and no Diamond pick, explains why he didn't pop the obby.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 01:03:40 am by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: November 09, 2014, 08:40:23 am »

If the HCF invasion has passed, I think we should reveal ourselves, but do it vaguely, claiming the territory south of Neverwhere, and east of whatever the city to our west is.  We'll want to remove the pillars someone had made to direct us south that are built in the water, as well as disguise our route to/from Neverwhere and the one at the abandoned town first, though.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: November 09, 2014, 08:48:59 am »

If the HCF invasion has passed, I think we should reveal ourselves, but do it vaguely, claiming the territory south of Neverwhere, and east of whatever the city to our west is.  We'll want to remove the pillars someone had made to direct us south that are built in the water, as well as disguise our route to/from Neverwhere and the one at the abandoned town first, though.
I'll pull down the Pillars, I made them :P
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

HooliganintheFort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: November 09, 2014, 12:33:01 pm »

Does our railway connect to Neverwhere now? Or is it still under construction?

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: November 10, 2014, 10:31:24 am »

Our line leads to the laketown entrance not far from neverwhere. The line is hidden behind a wall though. From laketown theres a branch that leads to the line going between neverwhere and Titan. 
Speaking of the rail line, I have started reinforcing it, I've removed the whole left hand lane for now and started reinforcing the right lane, and the stone underneath the rail. Because of the need to reinforce the stone underneath it's taking somewhat longer than I had hoped.
I've done a little work on the forest enclave that's down the rail line. Some dark oak are planted there now as well as some cane along the river. That's in addition to the carrots, pumpkins and melons already planted.

HooliganintheFort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: November 10, 2014, 02:10:15 pm »

Our line leads to the laketown entrance not far from neverwhere. The line is hidden behind a wall though. From laketown theres a branch that leads to the line going between neverwhere and Titan. 
Speaking of the rail line, I have started reinforcing it, I've removed the whole left hand lane for now and started reinforcing the right lane, and the stone underneath the rail. Because of the need to reinforce the stone underneath it's taking somewhat longer than I had hoped.
I've done a little work on the forest enclave that's down the rail line. Some dark oak are planted there now as well as some cane along the river. That's in addition to the carrots, pumpkins and melons already planted.

Sounds like good, also that forest enclave sounds cool. Maybe we could make it into our little resort and plantation.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: November 11, 2014, 01:11:23 am »

What's your ingame name Hooligan?
I need to add you to the doors and stuff.
Edit: Some developments. A griefer named _Vorpal was heard in the area yesterday. 3 guys were chasing after him, ryklos,colincoolguy, and jeeark but lost him somewhere near -1000 +13300. It's pretty certain Papa/HCF have a base down here.
Andersenesredna tells me neverwhere will be pretty deserted for a while, as he's working on his moose related city, he has extended welcome to us to use their farms and so forth. 
And lastly I have repaired the factories again, however the iron pick forge and sand smelter have broken... no big loss I suppose. Tahu you really need to add me to the D pick forge, I would hate to see that break, also, cheap picks bro.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 09:39:45 am by MarcAFK »

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: November 16, 2014, 02:40:17 pm »

Interest seems to be dying down a bit a lot; we haven't had a post in five days. Should we start up an additional stronghold on a different server?

I'll set up a poll in a minute. If people want a new server, I'll set up some more polls to decide stuff like preferred server type, location, et cetera, so it's easier for me to find one. As always, server recommendations are appreciated.

If people vote "yes", the first poll will be to determine whether it needs a new thread.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 02:42:41 pm by Elephant Parade »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Stronghold - Should we try a different server?
« Reply #745 on: November 16, 2014, 02:53:42 pm »

Spent a good deal of my summer digging out that main chamber, would feel silly to leave now. But TBH, I no longer have IRL time for minecraft :(

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: November 16, 2014, 03:22:10 pm »

But TBH, I no longer have IRL time for minecraft :(

I think this is the main thing.  Semesters are reaching their end.  Finals are on the horizon.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: November 16, 2014, 05:59:54 pm »

Aye. Finals are coming up. If you guys move servers though, I think I'd go with you. Being on Civcraft has been nothing but frustration and drama for my part, and my town is pretty much dead at this point.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: November 16, 2014, 06:05:19 pm »

I'm voting against moving, but I'll come with you guys if you do. Does anyone have good ideas for a server?

Edit: Also, for picking a server, pick one that is light on mods if it has any - some of our computers can't handle FTB, for example.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: November 16, 2014, 06:21:15 pm »

If we can get a server that has combat and a building policy similar to Civcraft, I would enjoy it.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 89