This weekend.
- 8 (50%)
Next week.
- 0 (0%)
Next weekend.
- 3 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89]

Author Topic: Minecraft: Dwarven Stronghold - see last post  (Read 125539 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Stronghold - Maybe doing something soon?
« Reply #1320 on: July 09, 2015, 11:04:59 pm »

I was planning on that anyway. Thank you for your service to Armok when you were active, brother.

I may join, though note that I'll be going for massive constructions that may never be used, such as large public housing complexes, collesiums for potential use for the settlement of debates, a number of barracks, random roads that grid outwards for future expansion, town halls for announcements and governmental work, large areas for a marketplace, monorails or a subway throughout the town, and other things.  Likely would need to be improved in appearance after I make them.

As for a location, -2700, 10000/9600 might be a good point as it is a mid-distance between Isle of Arran, Viridian, and Titan, so there should be a fair amount of opportunities for trade.  There does look to be something around -3000, 10700, though...
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Bob_Namg

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cream of your Crop
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: July 10, 2015, 12:01:35 am »

I was planning on that anyway. Thank you for your service to Armok when you were active, brother.
As for a location, -2700, 10000/9600 might be a good point as it is a mid-distance between Isle of Arran, Viridian, and Titan, so there should be a fair amount of opportunities for trade.  There does look to be something around -3000, 10700, though...
Those are actually VERY useful skills considering this is going to be a stronghold/town thing started from scratch. (-2700, 10000) is actually a good spot, the only concern would be it's due south of the Chanadian vault so I don't know if it will overlap with that territory, but it's a good location. I'll ask Josh-Josh about it. (-3000, 10700) is also an optimal spot which I know doesn't overlap anything, there might even be an old ice road near there I could have BG/Peachur hook up to the town.
If you want to get started on it swing by Volkstadt and we'll provide supplies and might pay our own newfags to help you dig/build at the location you're favoring.
If you want to get on the Mumble (you don't even need a mic), there should be some people on tomorrow when you're on, I'll preemptively PM the token for the /pol/ channel. Also I made a new thread here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=151854.0

Tomorrow is when the first weekend shill wave will go down, so if we get /tg/ newfags I might be deferring most to you directly if you're on to show them the ropes and get the construction of the stronghold going.

Another thing, please refrain from making the city within a grid, as I and others have observed planning too far ahead/building grid layouts for towns has killed them.
I do think the stronghold with a town is a good set-up, patterns and districting are optimal but I don't want to see /tg/-Bay12 suffer the fate of other towns.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 12:08:28 am by Bob_Namg »
Adam Sandler.

HooliganintheFort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: July 15, 2015, 12:47:46 am »

Thinking of coming back to this after a long absents. Anything worth mentioning?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89]