This weekend.
- 8 (50%)
Next week.
- 0 (0%)
Next weekend.
- 3 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 89

Author Topic: Minecraft: Dwarven Stronghold - see last post  (Read 125905 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Stronghold - Stop asking for coordinates in the thread.
« Reply #615 on: October 02, 2014, 12:25:07 pm »

A griefer by the name of tvmats paid us a visit yesterday, he put some holes into a few houses and the canal, killed the sheep, the pigs and general morul :(
The storeroom hasn't been touched and nothing is missing from my room except the fire has been extinguished from my fireplace. The farm output chest and hopper are also gone.
Could have been far worse, we really need to reinforce more.
There's a chest full of smoothstone in the factory, we should probably start converting more of the cobble and getting to reinforcements.

Also, NOOOOOOOOOOOO!  :(

Since the canal is going to be widened, probably not there, though.  The outside areas and areas that are complete, we do need to.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: October 02, 2014, 04:43:07 pm »

A griefer by the name of tvmats paid us a visit yesterday, he put some holes into a few houses and the canal, killed the sheep, the pigs and general morul :(
The storeroom hasn't been touched and nothing is missing from my room except the fire has been extinguished from my fireplace. The farm output chest and hopper are also gone.
He...
he...
he killed Morul?
HE KILLED MY HORSE?!?!
HE. WILL. DIE. IN. FIRE. AND. OTHER. PAINFUL. DEATHS.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: October 02, 2014, 05:22:01 pm »

He...
he...
he killed Morul?
HE KILLED MY HORSE?!?!
HE. WILL. DIE. IN. FIRE. AND. OTHER. PAINFUL. DEATHS.
If we get his pearl, we can do this.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: October 02, 2014, 05:36:02 pm »

....wow. I'd say that the reparations price is going to be high, but, let's be honest, this guy's gonna leave as soon as he gets pearled.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: October 02, 2014, 07:15:28 pm »

It could have been far worse, the storeroom is still not obsidianised and I had left 45 iron blocks and a few diamond picks lying about in a chest in my room which I had planned to use for the reinforcement project.
A few well placed TNT coukd have seriously fucked up our unreinforced areas.

Edit: after posting a mere 10d bounty on reddit I received this message:
from tvmats sent 8 minutes ago

"Hey man, terribly sorry about the griefing. I didn't get much out of it honestly. Some one else might have been there soon after me then, because all i did was look through chests. Is there a way i can pay off my bounty, or how long will my sentence be?"

My reply was rather conservative, but since he seems honest and willing to make amends I offered the possibility of community service, after discussion with everyone else of course.

"It's nice to meet an honest raider, and if you're genuine about paying reparations there will be no need to pearl you.
The most major damage was the loss of the livestock so I would assume repaying the value of them would suffice, I'll need to discuss this with the other leaders however a short term of community service should be sufficient, planting fields, harvesting crops, collecting wood, smelting stone etc untill you've collected the worth of whatever fine we levy. It shouldn't be too hard, wood alone is rather valuable and even horse eggs are only worth a few D each. I'll get back to you in a while, thank you for the honesty :)"
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 07:36:39 pm by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: October 02, 2014, 07:36:37 pm »

Yeah, but no one has TNT anywhere. costs like 250 diamonds per block, and doesn't actually do much damage to blocks.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: October 02, 2014, 07:39:07 pm »

Yeah, but no one has TNT anywhere. costs like 250 diamonds per block, and doesn't actually do much damage to blocks.
I don't know where you got your prices but at most gunpowder costs 1d per piece. And it does plenty of damage to unreinforced newfriend towns like us :P
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: October 02, 2014, 07:51:45 pm »

Looks like they stole my bed (which was reinforced) and grafiti'd the lower shrine
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 08:07:43 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: October 02, 2014, 07:59:45 pm »

There might have been more griefers, does anyone else have snitches around?
Mine is pretty close to the station so I expect others should have showed on my log though.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: October 02, 2014, 08:00:05 pm »

Bed obstructed, crap.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: October 02, 2014, 08:02:07 pm »

This is why I anonymously store valuable stuff outside of the main storage.

Are you sure you can trust him? He could always wait for us to be gone and then grief more/invite friends. However, if we handle this well, it could a small amount of positive publicity for our fort.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: October 02, 2014, 09:45:14 pm »

He could be our first gladiator!
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: October 02, 2014, 10:21:52 pm »

Do we have things set up for gladiator fights?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: October 02, 2014, 10:36:28 pm »

I've dug a stairway next to the rail line leading up to the forest at around -550 +13700, It's probably a good place to put our Pig and carrot farms, since it's significantly closer to town and much further from neverwheres border.
While there I saw heaps of sheep and pigs too so we can replace what we lost pretty easily.

Do we have things set up for gladiator fights?

Well we have an arena, maybe we could set the cave spider spawners nearby to empty into it?
Edit:
I'm calculating the damages for the purpose of reps, has anything else valuable been stolen or smashed?
2 Pigs : 1D for 2 spawn eggs
6 sheep: 3D for 6 spawn eggs
ol general morul: 4d for 1 spawn eggs, emotional attachment not able to be converted into diamond cost.
Hopper: 5 iron.
What was that bed reinforced with?
Maybe add a few diamond for the effort of repairing damage.
Looks like a dozen smashed glass in the lower shrine.
Edit: I have finished covering the storeroom in iron reinforced obsidian, I've had to cover up the secret entrances though.
The ladders in the center I removed, but now there is a pair of ladders leading up outside the main doors, for now a single iron reinforced iron door guards the entrance, however I'll add another door and diamond reinforce them for good measure later.
Oh, btw we're almost out of string :p
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 03:54:56 am by MarcAFK »

Bob_Namg

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cream of your Crop
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: October 04, 2014, 01:01:56 pm »

The biggest nightmare of all is escaping Dumathoin when you get lost in her grand halls.
Seriously, I had to go deep into the mines and dig upwards to make it to the surface.
I only mentioned "deep in the mines" because I didn't want someone complaining about me "destroying fortress walls and breaching them" or something. I covered the hole up nicely too.
Anyhow, I noticed a huge fort near Dale, or whatever that town west of us is. Anyone know who built it?
Adam Sandler.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 89