This weekend.
- 8 (50%)
Next week.
- 0 (0%)
Next weekend.
- 3 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 89

Author Topic: Minecraft: Dwarven Stronghold - see last post  (Read 125904 times)

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Stronghold - Stop asking for coordinates in the thread.
« Reply #645 on: October 05, 2014, 01:10:30 am »

That's one way of doing it, drop chests covered in smooth stone work too, just don't leave exposed bedrock under them or leave them close enough to the surface or any visible obvious passageways/shafts.
All my diamond is stored at DRO in a vault and I'm basically going to use all my iron to reinforce the furnace room, not that iron is even considered valuable to them, sure they could exchange it, but it's easier to just crack the exchange chest and steal the stuff :P
Of course I do consider my hoard of shiny building materials as valuable but they're really worthless to them too.
My prot and pots I have in a drop chest away from the fort, just in case.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: October 05, 2014, 04:29:34 pm »

I'd say it's high time to start working on moving dwellings deeper in.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: October 08, 2014, 01:43:40 am »

I've started a network of noteblocks around the neighboring rail lines, as well as adding jukeboxes monitoring certain areas, they're reinforced to the main citadel group.
I have also somewhat buried our main rail lines again, anyone who's used them before should be able to work out where to dig.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: October 08, 2014, 08:02:02 am »

I've started a network of noteblocks around the neighboring rail lines, as well as adding jukeboxes monitoring certain areas, they're reinforced to the main citadel group.
I have also somewhat buried our main rail lines again, anyone who's used them before should be able to work out where to dig.
Since you're out and about, can you pick up some gold? Like, say, a stack of gold blocks, if you can find it? I need it to repair the smelter, I'll reimburse you the next time I get on.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: October 08, 2014, 10:11:34 am »

Since you're out and about, can you pick up some gold? Like, say, a stack of gold blocks, if you can find it? I need it to repair the smelter, I'll reimburse you the next time I get on.
A whole stack? I have a couple buried I can add to the pile, otherwise I'll be buying them, I think it was 6d for 15 blocks....
6D for a whole stack at Bryn, It's a bit of a trip but it's pretty cheap.
By the way, It is cheaper in the long run to leave the factorys in disrepair as long as possible, because once they reach 0% they don't cost any more to repair, it's just y0u have to be really careful to fix them before they actually break, which is 2 weeks after they reach 0...Just curious, what does it cost to fully repair the smelter?
Edit: What? It only costs 21 blocks to make the smelter, you're asking for a pile for future repairs too aren't you? I'll give you what I have and pick up more the next time I'm near the area...
Edit: I've placed 18 Gold blocks into the storeroom.
I think we should post a sign when the factories get repaired so we could maybe wait a week to fix them.
In other news, Can I get my diamond pick back please?
Edit: No rush, I got a new ST pick.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 02:07:30 am by MarcAFK »

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: October 13, 2014, 03:47:03 pm »

So, if you've got the gold, that would be great to know, so I can get on and make with the repairs.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: October 14, 2014, 12:15:18 am »

So, if you've got the gold, that would be great to know, so I can get on and make with the repairs.
I haven't been near Bryn recently to pickup a full stack, but I placed the 18 blocks I had into the storeroom.
Edit: I've placed 18 Gold blocks into the storeroom.
BTW, it's significantly more expensive to constantly repair smelters, they last 2 weeks after hitting 0% before breaking, unless they're being used constantly I think it's best to let them stay at 0 untill needed, then repair them the minimum amount.
I calculated yesterday that I would take 220% the cost of factory to keep it fully repaired for a whole year, but letting it sit as long as possible might only take 20-30%, for instance the diamond smelter only costs 1D to repair upto 10%, if you wait 2 weeks before repairing it again then you only need to repair it 26 times over a year for 26d. Whereas keeping it at 100% constantly would cost 216 D.
EDIT: I'm doing some general beautification of the docks, and will start reinforcing things, however since the stone furnace is at the bottom of that armok forsaken shaft and I haven't moved the storeroom yet, I would love to make an elevator at the central shaft, any objections? Untill then I'm making a temporary elevator along the spiraley block steps and replacing the rest of the block steps with actual steps to speed travel. Oh and I'm purchasing a beacon, I'm so sorry I didn't do so before TheDarkStar did so much work digging out the cone, but haste should help digging out the canals right? 40% faster mining speed etc...
Alternatively I could place it in the center of the diamond mine.
Edit: I'm travelling past isle of Arran and might go check what happened with Avatar of Armok, and steal reclaim all the diamond picks and obsidian I gifted :p
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 04:00:15 am by MarcAFK »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: October 17, 2014, 09:51:13 am »

Tahujdt was banned.  So, that's a thing.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: October 17, 2014, 09:53:10 am »

what happened?
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: October 17, 2014, 09:53:53 am »

what happened?

Apparently:
Bigoted/inflammatory remarks
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: October 17, 2014, 11:37:05 am »

Still got him on steam, and he's not banned from civcraft, but this could affect planning things relatively confidentially.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: October 17, 2014, 02:18:08 pm »

Well shit, certain parts of this forum have a tendency to get people somewhat riled up, but I'm surprised a temp mute wasn't enough to cool the situation down. The last time someone I knew was banned it was great wurm gold who really pushed his luck with multiple instances, warnings etc.
gg Tahu, see you Ingame.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: October 17, 2014, 03:06:31 pm »

AFAIK, it was a first offense, though sadly I can imagine the topic eliciting some astoundingly awful comments.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: October 17, 2014, 06:13:41 pm »

We might need to have someone else running some of the more forum-related things if tahu can't post here.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: October 18, 2014, 12:23:09 am »

We might need to have someone else running some of the more forum-related things if tahu can't post here.
Perhaps now would be the time to start being active on a subreddit, I don't think we all need to use it, but as long as we keep it updated enough tahu can communicate through it, at minimum I can keep this forum updated with what's going on there, i check the Civcraft sub daily and would run the sparkgear one also. 
I can't remember if we have one yet though.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 89