Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 51

Author Topic: Cities: Skylines, The Sim City we all wanted! New Industry DLC!  (Read 116953 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cities: Skylines, The Sim City we all wanted! Out Now!
« Reply #165 on: March 11, 2015, 01:53:29 pm »

Gah!!!
My Keyboard is covered in Macro Keys, I normally don't use them cause I have little reason to other then in certain games, but it seems that one key is still default...
To Quick Load...
I hadn't saved a City I had been working on for over 2hrs...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 11, 2015, 02:07:06 pm »

Just tried building a dam. Sadly, I failed to consider what happens when you block the flow of a river, and I ended up flooding my entire city.

Oh well, restart.
Derailing doesn't exist, derailed is the natural state of every thread.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #167 on: March 11, 2015, 02:23:55 pm »

Just tried building a dam. Sadly, I failed to consider what happens when you block the flow of a river, and I ended up flooding my entire city.

Oh well, restart.
The water will drain away eventually

Vrky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 11, 2015, 03:34:44 pm »

There does seem to be a few people having a variety of performance and graphical issues - it seems a fair amount of them relate to laptops and the game trying to use the integrated graphics instead of the dedicated GPU.  I dunno the details as I'm on a desktop with no issues myself, but might be worth checking their forums etc.

I'm having performance issues, on Acer Aspire 5830g, (8GB RAM, GeForce GT 540M, 1024 MB RAM, i5 2,4 GHz). Very low FPS, even on low details :( Is this a known issue with my graphic card or something, or my laptop just sucks?
You are ABSOLUTELY SURE it's making use of your 540M, and NOT your Intel IGPU? I have a gaming laptop with an Nvidia card and, like many games, I had a bit of trouble getting Nvidia to recognize it. It runs okay on my 660M (30 FPS and medium detail at 1080p) but when it used my Intel GPU, I got a HORRIBLE performance (10FPS and minimum detail, 720p) that leads me to believe this game has a driver problem with Intel GPUs, above and beyond the fact that Intel GPUs are bad. Just make extra sure it's running on your Nvidia card though.

Ninja Edit: Or yeah, maybe your card's too crappy, if that doesn't work.

I think that you guys are spot on! I did have issues like this before, I'll try updating drivers.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 11, 2015, 03:48:57 pm »

I'm having performance issues, on Acer Aspire 5830g, (8GB RAM, GeForce GT 540M, 1024 MB RAM, i5 2,4 GHz). Very low FPS, even on low details :( Is this a known issue with my graphic card or something, or my laptop just sucks?

Your problem is that GT 540M most likely. Geforce gaming graphics cards start at X50 (IE 550, 650)

The minimum requirements call for a GTX 260 video card which is about ~25% stronger than your card when it comes to rendering power

I will just throw that out there again...don't expect drivers to fix it necessarily

Vrky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 11, 2015, 04:01:06 pm »

Aaand it works! :)) Indeed, game was running on Intel HD crap. Now it runs smooth. I know that my laptop isn't state of the art, but it does run Skyrim quite decently. Thanks, people! :D

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 11, 2015, 04:07:08 pm »

Been watching people play this.  Looks like "Getting frustrated over the way it auto-places highway for 8 hour sessions" without much real citybuilding.  Just endless building highways.  Confirm/deny?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 11, 2015, 04:18:27 pm »

Deny, I'd say. Highway doesn't let you build next to it!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #173 on: March 11, 2015, 04:42:15 pm »

Reviews are overwhelmingly positive. Quite a relief. It seems like the first well-publicized release in years that wasn't an immense catastrophy.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 11, 2015, 05:42:52 pm »

Once i figured out that roundabouts are to Cities: Skylines what trap-corridors are to Dwarf Fotress, the game became a lot easier.

And that i can make my own "roundabouts" that are not so round at all and don't take up tons of space and rotate weirdly.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 11, 2015, 07:19:53 pm »

Been watching people play this.  Looks like "Getting frustrated over the way it auto-places highway for 8 hour sessions" without much real citybuilding.  Just endless building highways.  Confirm/deny?
I really don't think this is true.

I do spend a lot of time designing roadways and highways but mostly because I like doing it. I have a spare cash cow town next to my project city that is completely riddled with terrible design and traffic jams. It makes tonnes of money regardless.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 11, 2015, 07:44:34 pm »

Does anyone know how you make elevated roadways? Or if they're unlocked, at what population?

Overload_C14

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 11, 2015, 07:47:54 pm »

Does anyone know how you make elevated roadways? Or if they're unlocked, at what population?
Page up and page down, should be unlocked from the start

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 11, 2015, 08:22:06 pm »

also works for power lines

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 11, 2015, 08:23:53 pm »

also works for power lines
Why would you want elevated powerlines, though?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 51