Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 51

Author Topic: Cities: Skylines, The Sim City we all wanted! New Industry DLC!  (Read 116882 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Cities: Skylines, The Sim City we all wanted! Out Now!
« Reply #150 on: March 11, 2015, 09:55:19 am »

The one thing I miss from simcity was the stream of construction vehicles that  came with every zoning expansion. It was really neat watching them drive out, set up, build your stuff and depart. And then the moving vans. It really made the place feel a bit alive seeing them move in to new zones or after you fix some issue that was causing abandonment.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 11, 2015, 09:58:33 am »

The one thing I miss from simcity was the stream of construction vehicles that  came with every zoning expansion. It was really neat watching them drive out, set up, build your stuff and depart. And then the moving vans. It really made the place feel a bit alive seeing them move in to new zones or after you fix some issue that was causing abandonment.
That does sound pretty cool.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Lucidvizion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 11, 2015, 10:47:25 am »

Is there a way to intersect fresh water and sewage pipes?  Or do I have to design around that limitation?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #153 on: March 11, 2015, 10:54:29 am »

Is there a way to intersect fresh water and sewage pipes?  Or do I have to design around that limitation?
It all runs through the same pipes. No need to separate them. Think of the pipe as a set of pipes for both fresh and foul water.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 11, 2015, 10:56:41 am »

So...general consensus is that this is worth getting?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 11, 2015, 11:00:49 am »

I like it and I think it has a fair price point

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 11, 2015, 11:00:58 am »

It all runs through the same pipes. No need to separate them. Think of the pipe as a set of pipes for both fresh and foul water.
If you zoom in close enough the pipe graphics split into two pipes.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 11, 2015, 11:30:21 am »

I just woke up and saw that it released today. I looked at the steam page and the reviews are apparently "Overwhelmingly Positive" which I don't think I have ever seen before. 1698 positive versus 53 negative.

I may actually pick this up at some point, even though I've never trusly played one of these kinds of games myself.

Lucidvizion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 11, 2015, 11:40:36 am »

*facepalm*

My designs and redesigns of the water system are probably the reason my village doesn't have a highschool.  No refunds from demo'ing pipes.

Vrky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 11, 2015, 11:44:19 am »

I'm having performance issues, on Acer Aspire 5830g, (8GB RAM, GeForce GT 540M, 1024 MB RAM, i5 2,4 GHz). Very low FPS, even on low details :( Is this a known issue with my graphic card or something, or my laptop just sucks?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 11, 2015, 11:49:47 am »

Shouldn't have problems, have you updated your drivers?

Lucidvizion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 11, 2015, 11:57:11 am »

Minimum spec CPU for the game is Intel Core 2 Duo, 3.0GHz.  Core 2 Duo is old though... I'm not sure how that benchmarks against i5.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 11, 2015, 11:59:55 am »

There does seem to be a few people having a variety of performance and graphical issues - it seems a fair amount of them relate to laptops and the game trying to use the integrated graphics instead of the dedicated GPU.  I dunno the details as I'm on a desktop with no issues myself, but might be worth checking their forums etc.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 11, 2015, 12:16:45 pm »

I'm having performance issues, on Acer Aspire 5830g, (8GB RAM, GeForce GT 540M, 1024 MB RAM, i5 2,4 GHz). Very low FPS, even on low details :( Is this a known issue with my graphic card or something, or my laptop just sucks?

Your problem is that GT 540M most likely. Geforce gaming graphics cards start at X50 (IE 550, 650)

The minimum requirements call for a GTX 260 video card which is about ~25% stronger than your card when it comes to rendering power

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 11, 2015, 12:26:35 pm »

You are ABSOLUTELY SURE it's making use of your 540M, and NOT your Intel IGPU? I have a gaming laptop with an Nvidia card and, like many games, I had a bit of trouble getting Nvidia to recognize it. It runs okay on my 660M (30 FPS and medium detail at 1080p) but when it used my Intel GPU, I got a HORRIBLE performance (10FPS and minimum detail, 720p) that leads me to believe this game has a driver problem with Intel GPUs, above and beyond the fact that Intel GPUs are bad. Just make extra sure it's running on your Nvidia card though.

Ninja Edit: Or yeah, maybe your card's too crappy, if that doesn't work.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 51