Yes
- 10 (71.4%)
No
- 1 (7.1%)
Wait, what?
- 3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18

Author Topic: IRIS: Secure, contain, pro- Wait wrong guys. (OOC)  (Read 16740 times)

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
Re: IRIS: Secure, contain, pro- Wait wrong guys. (OOC)
« Reply #240 on: August 28, 2014, 10:38:49 pm »

If it was force nullification barrier, the boulder would be floating in place due to not having any forces applied to it.

It does have momentum applied to it and gravity which gives it an arc path instead of the magic used to propel it forward. It wouldn't hit the target since no advanced planning was used to make sure the boulder hit. It would land inside the Anti-magic field, but the location of it impacting would not be the intended due to the forces acting upon it being different than when it started.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 28, 2014, 10:43:46 pm »

A barrier, as opposed to a field is a 2d plane that once touched would 'reset' physics basically, removing all forces that were currently acting upon the object. It would still fall because it'd still be getting pulled down by gravity even after being stopped for a moment.
The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 28, 2014, 10:47:02 pm »

If it was force nullification barrier, the boulder would be floating in place due to not having any forces applied to it.
You know damn good and well what was meant.
Don't be that guy.

Quote from: Sanure
It does have momentum applied to it and gravity which gives it an arc path instead of the magic used to propel it forward. It wouldn't hit the target since no advanced planning was used to make sure the boulder hit.
According to whom? I doubt anyone would be tossing rocks willy-nilly expecting them to hit, even though it would still be possible, just harder.
You're either implying that people couldn't plan for arcs, or people are too stupid to actually attempt to do so, and both are wrong.

Quote from: Sanure
It would land inside the Anti-magic field, but the location of it impacting would not be the intended due to the forces acting upon it being different than when it started.
Again, how do you know they didn't plan for it?
And if the field is small enough, it isn't going to matter, roll the damn thing into them if you have to.
Take a closer look at this text!

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 28, 2014, 10:52:31 pm »

That would be a wonderful power to have by the way :P I can see so many uses for it :/

Anyways, Any ideas for how to use Kyuto's vectors in hilarious ways?

@Lyeos:

1. I wasn't being that guy. I was attempting to make a joke :P
2. When throwing rocks, normal people don't account for trajectories and arc paths since they tend to do so without reason.
3. Knowing whether they planned or not is an unknown. I assume that they didn't since the conversation was not going into hypothetical situations. The only known was guy throws a boulder at a person in a anti-magic field using magic. Rolling would work. Gravity is your friend in that case.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 29, 2014, 10:28:32 am »

I know I shouldn't post this. Because it's full of vitriol and insults that may make people hit the report moderator button. But I'm going to post it anyways, because physics is serious business and it'll make me feel a lot better. Just don't take it the wrong way, Sanure. I don't hate you or anything, I just want to crack open your head with a rusty spoon and fill it with useful knowledge. Even if it doesn't seem that way.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 29, 2014, 04:42:19 pm »

If anyone reports Usec for that post, I will report the reporter. I find this in no way as insulting as it seems. In fact, I don't see this as an argument but as a debate.

@USEC, I do not mind Vitrol and Insults. In fact, I believe they make debates more interesting, since it means that people understand the points being made a little better and gives you a look into the feelings a person pores into the debate.

Before I begin, I suck at explaining. It is something I should work on.

Anyways,

Just don't take it the wrong way, Sanure. I don't hate you or anything, I just want to crack open your head with a rusty spoon and fill it with useful knowledge. Even if it doesn't seem that way.

Shit~ I never take things the wrong way :P
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 04:45:42 pm by Sanure »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 29, 2014, 04:47:45 pm »

Actually, I have nothing else to object to. My only objection is the stronger opposing force parts, because they're rather misleading forces are always additive. But they can add up to nothing, but everything else looks good I suppose. Pleasure yelling at you(?).

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 29, 2014, 04:52:04 pm »

Indeed. I look forward to future debates :P

I do agree that Forces are additive. Stronger opposing forces are misleading. One of my professors made a Rolling a boulder down a hill into a four layer 30ft high stone wall analogy. I dunno though.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 29, 2014, 04:56:05 pm »

Okay, I'll get things done... in the next three days.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 29, 2014, 07:05:14 pm »

Take your time Kj. We can wait patiently :)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 29, 2014, 07:21:03 pm »

I find it fun so fars~ So yesh~ We can wait~

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 29, 2014, 07:49:23 pm »

I find it fun so fars~
Playing Vorin is remarkably fun.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 14, 2014, 01:21:31 pm »

kj? you ok?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 14, 2014, 01:46:20 pm »

Yeah, started school and yesterday was my birth day. Been pretty busy.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 14, 2014, 01:53:18 pm »

Happy cakeday~
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18