Yes
- 10 (71.4%)
No
- 1 (7.1%)
Wait, what?
- 3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18

Author Topic: IRIS: Secure, contain, pro- Wait wrong guys. (OOC)  (Read 16786 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: IRIS: Secure, contain, pro- Wait wrong guys. (OOC)
« Reply #180 on: August 22, 2014, 03:30:59 am »

How much mana does it cost me to open the Vault?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 22, 2014, 03:37:51 am »

Assume that out of combat like this it doesn't cost any and you automatically succeed unless what your trying is an actual feat to accomplish.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 22, 2014, 03:38:21 am »

I would like to know general manacosts alsos for in combat.

Could I for example give someone or myself a temporary physical statboost as a casting? Like x mana = y amount of statpoints in either Health, Strength, Speed, or Defense for z amount of time?

Or could I do a temporary augment? Like grow talons for increased damage but after x time they get reabsorbed by the body?

Or perhaps bonespikes? X mana to produce a spike of bone and launch it at a target?

Or x mana for +y amount of health? Direct healingstyle?

Or x mana to stabilize someone? Such as if they are bleeding heavily? Or x mana to remove some sort of status affect?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 22, 2014, 03:40:13 am »

It all depends on how big it is. I will however set every health point to be worth two mana until it proves to cheap or to expensive.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 22, 2014, 03:44:39 am »

How much mana does it cost to open the Vault in battle, can I change the size of the Vault opening, what is the approximate speed cap of objects launched from the Vault, and how much mana, if any, per object launched?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 22, 2014, 03:49:02 am »

How much mana does it cost to open the Vault in battle, can I change the size of the Vault opening, what is the approximate speed cap of objects launched from the Vault, and how much mana, if any, per object launched?
... Damnit, Gilgamesh.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 22, 2014, 03:50:06 am »

...hmm?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 22, 2014, 04:05:31 am »

So 2 mana to heal 1 health point?

Aka 2x = y ; Where x is equal to mana and y is equal to health.

So if someone was at 8/20 health and Akia had 80/80 mana, it would take 24 mana to heal the person up to 20/20 health and would drop Akia down to 56/80 mana?

And for buffing and similar things:

X mana for Y temporary statpoints? Such as raising someone's healthcap temporarily, or strength temporarily, or speed temporarily, or defense temporarily?

X mana for Tiny Temporary Augment? (Affecting one tiny area, a little smaller then a kidney maybe? Maybe only affecting one type of thing? So small talons would be this, since it affects nailgrowth?)

X mana for Small Temporary Augment? (Affecting an area somewhat larger then a kidney, affecting up to two types of things, so for example overcharging an immune system to counter a weak toxin, since that would require affecting the bones and affecting at least one other organ.)

X mana for Medium Temporary Augment? (Affecting about a liver sized area, up to three types of things affected. This would be on par with growing stage one of a rotational ear for example, would affect cartilage, nervous tissue, and skin for the base, another one of these doing stage two could finish shaping as affect one, grow muscles as affect two, grow tendons as affect three, a third use of this would finish it, affect one involving bone growth, affect two, putting everything together/activating the nervous tissue, and affect three involving the creation of pores and hair follicles for skin maintenance and heat radiation. (Along with cosmetic look.))

X mana for Large Temporary Augment? (Affecting an area a bit smaller then half a lung, affects four things at once, could shut off pain receptors, and amp the adrenaline gland for part one and two, as well as supercharging the body's regen for parts three and four.)

X mana for Massive Temporary Augment? (Affecting an area almost the size of a lung, affecting five things at once. Could straight up partly regrow a limb with this, would likely take two uses to regrow the arm and forearm, a third use to regrow the hand, and a fourth use to get it up to par with where it was originally.)

Area is defined as the amount of flesh affected, it could affect organic matter across the body as long as the volume of flesh affected is no larger then the area limit, otherwise it tiers up in terms of augment type. All these are examples of uses.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 22, 2014, 07:22:27 am »

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 22, 2014, 07:56:01 am »

As a native speaker of American, I do what I do :3
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 22, 2014, 08:09:40 am »

It's not even correct in American English.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 22, 2014, 08:17:12 am »

My joke was lost it seems.

Anyways, I use the words that sound correct. Saying 'I dragged him away' doesn't sound as good as 'I drug him away' to me. It's a personal preference I guess.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 22, 2014, 12:19:26 pm »

As a touchup for explaining temporary augments, they lose function until it can get a permanent replacement over a period of time, so Akia can regrow someone's limb quickly at the cost of a crapton of mana for example if they need use of it really badly in combat and it gets sliced off, but has to wait till later to get the nervous system functioning properly and do touchup on various parts of it, otherwise the person just has a useless nonfunctioning arm or leg or portion of their torso.

And I would like to know the incombat mana requirement for each of those types of augments~

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 22, 2014, 12:58:54 pm »

Okay, here's a list that pretty much works but I'll probably change around a bit.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 22, 2014, 01:00:40 pm »

Hmm...
What 'bout the rest of my questions? The non-mana related ones?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18