Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: Conquest: Westeros  (Read 12610 times)

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Conquest: Westeros
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2014, 03:20:05 am »

Huh? I'm confused as to how that works. Does the wall fall down or something in sections I don't put enough money into?

You can have 0 gold in it for all it matters. It just means if you're attacked, you'll have +0 defence from your defences. That said if you had 5 gold in a segment, it'd get the full +5 defence bonus.

According to the map, Territory 41 has 1 defense, but according to the spreadsheet, it has none. Which is correct?
Can units be used on the same turn they are trained?

Ah, sorry.  That'll be a spreadsheet error. Go by the map.

And no, they have to be trained first, then used.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2014, 05:04:42 am »

I dont understand the sheet....
I got a 4 2 1 1 economy which should give me 24 gold but you say i have 16 income.
I got  4 3 2 2 2 which is 7 gold and 4 unit and two docked boat. that 15 so is my income wrong or i just misunderstand how economy work?
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2014, 05:52:18 am »

I dont understand the sheet....
I got a 4 2 1 1 economy which should give me 24 gold but you say i have 16 income.
I got  4 3 2 2 2 which is 7 gold and 4 unit and two docked boat. that 15 so is my income wrong or i just misunderstand how economy work?

Well for a start, my sheet calc was only summing 4,2,1 (Missing the last 1).
But it was also missing the last expenditure, too, so it still turns out to be a gold per turn of 1.

Secondly,
- You get a base income of 2 gold as a nation.
- You get *2 of the economy level (4,2,1,1... 8+4+2+2=16)
- So you get 18 gold per turn.
- Defences cost 1 gold per defence level. I just noticed that the table wasn't updated in the OP, sorry about that.
- Units cost 1 gold per unit to support.
- Ships only cost the 1 gold per ship, when at sea.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 05:57:41 am by Azkanan »
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2014, 05:57:03 am »

ah goddamnit am i too late to join as Blackwood?

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2014, 05:58:20 am »

ah goddamnit am i too late to join as Blackwood?

Nah, go for it. The more the merrier.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2014, 06:08:20 am »

House Blackwood 106?

or are they 107? or 138? because 139 is definitly House Bracken

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2014, 06:30:36 am »

Removed.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 07:58:06 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2014, 07:03:21 am »

How far can an army travel in 1 turn?

Send spies to 230, 231 and 232.
Train 3 armies, 1 in the 239, 1 in 241 and 1 in 237.
Move 1 army from 240 to 237.

Keep all the wall defenses at 5.

You will have an income of 13 gold next turn once I fix the wall - this leaves you with an excess of 2 gold/turn, if you were to put one defence point in each wall section.

5 defence on each wall, plus another three units in addition to your existing two would put you in arrears of -37 gold.

House Blackwood 106?

or are they 107? or 138? because 139 is definitly House Bracken

I'd say 106... But could you move further away from me..? I'm feeling very claustrophobic. D:
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2014, 07:15:36 am »

I'm so confused.

The sheet say's I have an income of 50 but I only have an income of 13, how am I ever supposed to actually protect the wall with an income of 13? The only way I can get enough money to actually upgrade my economy is disband my entire army.
Which I may as well do because it's worthless anyway, I can't train enough men to defend each section and the wall itself is about as strong as a 2 foot hole because if I don't put money into it a 700 foot wall of solid ice that's stood for 8000 years will just fall down.

So rather then having just enough money to do it's job it now has enough money to be completely incapable of doing it's job in any fashion.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 07:39:34 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2014, 07:30:55 am »

maybe you should make the wall give lik 3 passive defend like a river and the rest he have to pay for.

Also night watch are suppose to need people support not just filthy rich ...

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2014, 07:35:17 am »

I don't mind it not being rich the main issue is the wall itself. Why am I paying to maintain a defense that does not require any form of maintenance? It's a giant wall of ice in a place that never goes above -5 degrees, the wall will stand whether somebody is manning it or not.

Plus how are any of you going to support it? You don't even have enough money to expand yourselves let alone support me which pretty much means nothing at all is stopping the wildlings invading right now because I have no possible way of stopping them and none of you can support me.

Either the wall needs to be a free defense, which considering it's lore and the fact that it only defends against the wildlings and offers nothing against the rest of you makes sense, the wall is at full strength permanently it doesn't need to be maintained nature does that for you.
The watch needs a lot more money to be able to actually maintain the wall and the men to defend it.
Or the rest of you all need far higher incomes so you can afford to support me.

Barring one of those 3 the wall is completely indefensible.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 07:46:59 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2014, 07:46:57 am »

well I think it is fair to give you base defend as the wall and extra defend as like garrison army supply?

The problem of you being rich is that people will target your thingy as they are like gold mine.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2014, 07:49:08 am »

I don't mind it not being rich the main issue is the wall itself. Why am I paying to maintain a defense that does not require any form of maintenance? It's a giant wall of ice in a place that never goes above -5 degrees, the wall will stand whether somebody is manning it or not.

Plus how are any of you going to support it lol? You don't even have enough money to expand yourselves let alone support me.

But if you have enough men to defend the wall, you have a solid army which outbalances you from everyone else...

Alright, I'm going to split the wall into three slots rather than ten.

Is this better? Apologies again for the mess, I expected it would need tweaking, heh.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2014, 07:56:54 am »

Well technically 4 sections if you included the ravine that is 242 which extends from the wall to the coast completing it's defenses. But that works I think.
I do still think the other's need higher income though, as thing's stand nobody is going to be capable of actually doing anything because nobody has any money.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 09:15:32 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 18, 2014, 08:03:13 am »

May I move to a different area. If I can, I'd like to be at 288. Sons of Giants. I feel that Als is a bit lonely, and your kinda crowded
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13