Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Conquest: Westeros  (Read 12584 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Conquest: Westeros
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2014, 12:38:29 pm »

It has the normal minor differences, a few characters show up that didn't exist but they ain't important. Some minor characters died or didn't die, the only major difference I remember off the top of my head was with Tyrions girlfriend/whore.

In the books they went into detail leading up to him killing her showing how it effected him and what had happened to lead up to it, in the tv series it just kinda happened and they basically just went " so yeah he loves her and she did something and he killed her. " then glossed over it and moved on and he just looked like an asshole.

In the book I totally agree with him killing the cow, in the show I was just sitting thinking ok.... so what the fuck just happened?

All the big faces and the houses and major events stayed more or less the same. I'm hoping they don't follow the last book with what happens with John because I love the Nights watch and he rocks. But they will which sucks.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 12:40:10 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2014, 12:39:37 pm »

It has the normal minor differences, a few characters show up that didn't exist but they ain't important. Some minor characters died or didn't die, the only major difference I remember off the top of my head was with Tyrions girlfriend/whore.

In the books they went into detail leading up to him killing her showing how it effected him and what had happened to lead up to it, in the tv series it just kinda happened and they basically just went " so yeah he loves her and she did something and he killed her. " then glossed over it and moved on and he just looked like an asshole.

In the book I totally agree with him killing the cow, in the show I was just sitting thinking ok.... so what the fuck just happened?
She kinda banged his dad, also, they messed up the battle of the Blackwater in the show
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2014, 12:41:18 pm »

I know, but in the series it doesn't really show anything major about it. He finds out, kills her then 2 episodes later he's back to normal and it might as well never have happened. In the books he's heart broken for ages.

Details of battles very very very very rarely stay the same. The battle ended the same way more or less which is about all you can expect between a book and a show.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2014, 03:05:09 pm »

77, Dragonstone is still free. And nobody has claimed Targaryen...
No, I don't have time for these games! Must... resist...
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2014, 03:13:26 pm »

You should join you can always make time to be the target of a continent wide race to claim your head.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 03:22:34 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2014, 06:04:21 pm »

Well, anything less wouldn't be fair...
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2014, 08:29:14 am »

Well not everyone I'd be honorary bound to support you. Join us Strange a Targaryen would make things so much fun.
Caine's law.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2014, 11:29:42 am »

How far off the official information can we go with this? I want to take the Karhold but I want my ruler to be a bastard born descendant of Bittersteel as if the Golden company had invaded and conquered the Karhold, also I have a question, if diplomacy is a thing do we get to have children?
Because in this setting diplomacy is more or less a fancy way of saying your daughter marries my brother then we'll agree to not kill you, or to kill that guy you hate.
Before you start a war, you better know what your fighting for.
If loves a fight, then I shall die, with my heart on a trigger.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2014, 03:15:34 pm »

How far off the official information can we go with this? I want to take the Karhold but I want my ruler to be a bastard born descendant of Bittersteel as if the Golden company had invaded and conquered the Karhold, also I have a question, if diplomacy is a thing do we get to have children?
Because in this setting diplomacy is more or less a fancy way of saying your daughter marries my brother then we'll agree to not kill you, or to kill that guy you hate.

Only thing Canon I'm asking about this is the faction you choose - but you don't have to even on that fact. Knock yourself out otherwise.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2014, 03:21:33 pm »

Well Golden company is real so is them trying to put a Targaryen on a throne, I just wanna play a girl not a boy so has to be reworked a little. They have a blood oath to follow to put him or his descendants on the throne so all fits nicely.

Although I'm scrapping that bit, considering power almost got the Targaryen bloodline annihilated my leader is smart enough to forget about becoming king and instead work to make the Targaryen name something to be honored not reviled. I'm using Alysanne Targaryen loosely as a kind of basis for what I want her to be since she was kind of a paragon for Targaryen's.

What about kids and families?

208, Golden company, bastard descendant of Bittersteel..
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 06:07:14 pm by PewdsRocks »
Before you start a war, you better know what your fighting for.
If loves a fight, then I shall die, with my heart on a trigger.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2014, 11:30:40 am »

Bump. When is this starting?

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2014, 04:57:02 pm »

I was about to bump it too for any final joiners.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2014, 05:03:37 pm »

199 - House Bolton - Red
As Ramsay Snow, no less.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 06:45:31 am by Objective »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2014, 10:25:06 am »

Spoiler: New Stuff in OP (click to show/hide)

Starting soon. Last chance to join.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2014, 10:12:41 am »

Oh man, starting positions are looking crazy.

Just got to designate biomes, and it's good to go.

Edit;
Damn... Ran out of time. I'm just compiling the Spreadsheet now, but I've got to go to work. Should have it up by tonight/tomorrow morning. Apologies for the delay!

Spoiler: Sneak Peek (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 11:27:32 am by Azkanan »
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13