Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many turns before nightfall? (Note: Go to place to sleep can always be appended to an otherwise complete turn)

Less than 4
- 0 (0%)
- 2 (22.2%)
- 3 (33.3%)
- 4 (44.4%)
More than 6
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: [OOC Thread] Kurchil's Children Reboot - It Has Begun  (Read 11177 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: [OOC Thread] Kurchil's Children Reboot - 0/5
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2014, 11:10:06 pm »

Harbor tolls vary, dependent a lot on the mood of the captain of the ship. If you're being charged thirty shillings you're being cheated, these captains make the trip whether or not you're on board, and make a profit either way. If you're being charged five that's a steal, after all you probably smell funny enough to be worth at least ten coins to haul. People traversing the river may charge more, that's a dangerous route used mainly for ferrying people, the flow of goods is slightly slower. If you go out on open sea to travel to a new region expect to pay a hefty sum, unless you're lucky enough to find a merchant going to the right port. Hitching a ride will be dependent upon getting the favor of the captain, either through a great roll or some other source of influence.

Absolutely you can meet up with others. People drifting together or apart will be mostly their own doing. I'm unlikely to railroad either way (though I reserve the right to do so if I think it would be interesting :) ). The title was because I had recently read Children of Hurin, and I thought the title had a feeling of potential to it. Kurchil's Children is supposed to give a sense that there is a collection of partially formed individual's setting out in to a world which they somehow have a right to be in; they are it's children. Full of potential is the only way that I think I can describe it.

Absolutely you can meet up with others. People drifting together or apart will be mostly their own doing. I'm unlikely to railroad either way (though I reserve the right to do so if I think it would be interesting :) ). The title was because I had recently read Children of Hurin, and I thought the title had a feeling of potential to it. Kurchil's Children is supposed to give a sense that there is a collection of partially formed individual's setting out in to a world which they somehow have a right to be in; they are it's children. Full of potential is the only way that I think I can describe it.
The title was because I had recently read Children of Hurin
AW YOU'VE READ IT TOO :))
*Tolkien-high-five*

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2014, 11:12:42 pm »

AW YOU'VE READ IT TOO :))
*Tolkien-high-five*
Yeah, it's a great book. One of the better books I've read that wasn't a part of a series (although the one I'm reading right now might take the cake for stand-alone books).
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2014, 10:45:12 am »

Other questions in the meantime: how resilient are the Aethen's wings? I suppose laying on their back could be uncomfortable, but how about sitting?

How tall are wolfkin? Since you describe them as small, I imagine them being around the same size as Aethen.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2014, 11:17:28 am »

Other questions in the meantime: how resilient are the Aethen's wings? I suppose laying on their back could be uncomfortable, but how about sitting?

How tall are wolfkin? Since you describe them as small, I imagine them being around the same size as Aethen.
Their wings are composed of thin layers of flesh with microscopic scales on them. They are very flexible, and so sitting or laying on them will not damage them, but may cause discomfort, provided you aren't sitting on something sharp. Rubbing up against anything too much can wear away the scales, hampering flight and discoloring the wings, but this effect will often fade after a good days rest. Aethen will often sleep on leaves with smooth surfaces to prevent this chafing.

Wolfkin are the same sized as Aethen, but don't squish quite as easily.
My Area

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2014, 11:19:50 am »

Yeah, don't bother waiting on me.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2014, 02:58:10 pm »

Yeah, don't bother waiting on me.
Alright, then I've made my decisions. But I won't show you yet (no, I'm not just trying to torture you all, I have a reason). You'll see who made it in a couple of hours. In the meantime, here's the magics they'll get to pick from.
My Area

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2014, 06:00:37 pm »

After taking a look at some randomly generated styles, I can say that having Necromancy and Death as different schools is a bit redundant; some are rather limited in their uses, though probably still very useful in the few occasions they'd be used, and that would probably be some overlap between the spells of some schools.

Still, I bet there's a good amount of room for imagination and creativity.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2014, 06:15:46 pm »

After taking a look at some randomly generated styles, I can say that having Necromancy and Death as different schools is a bit redundant; some are rather limited in their uses, though probably still very useful in the few occasions they'd be used, and that would probably be some overlap between the spells of some schools.

Still, I bet there's a good amount of room for imagination and creativity.
Yeah, I thought the same. But the first style is actually themed well! That never happens. It's almost always death, life, and the weather, or some similar collection of unrelated concepts. Redundant or not, death and necromancy are at least good bedfellows.
My Area

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2014, 10:44:20 pm »

Wolfkin are the same sized as Aethen, but don't squish quite as easily.
I must be TAAALL~ o_o

On the magic gens, I like how most are mere 'feelings' and leave much space for innovation >:3

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2014, 12:03:31 am »

Here are my decisions, I apologize for the fuzziness.
Spoiler: Decisions! (click to show/hide)
It was tough, but in the end I chose the characters which I thought would fit the best together to create an entertaining game.
Spoiler: Magic Assignments (click to show/hide)
Let me know if you don't like any options on reasonable grounds, or if you have any other magic related complaint or suggestion. Either you or I should name your tradition; let me know which you prefer. Introductions will hopefully be posted tomorrow, after I stop neglecting my other games...
My Area

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2014, 12:54:38 am »

Ah, the one slot I was hoping I wouldn't get and I got it q.q
We've got two options that Sofia can't really use because she wouldn't have got more than very rudimentary training while leaving Refugi-- it being a simple little village.

...of course, I could imagine one of the storytellers teaching her...

I'll take the bones summoning one and call it
"Heroes' Marrow"
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 01:00:59 am by Powder Miner »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2014, 01:00:26 am »

Y-you DREW your decisions!?
O____O
I love this.
INTERESTING!
My character assignment...really matches me huh ._. Oh dear xD

Thank you RNG.

*looks at PM's assignment*
That is a pretty fancy one. :3
Hum...
I'm willing to switch with you if you'd think #6 is a better assignment for your character.
Edit:
Spoiler: Oops, wait, I got it. (click to show/hide)
So...about those assignments. Does each paragraph represent a singular choice regarding magic or...a whole set? :-X
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 01:04:31 am by Tiruin »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2014, 01:03:03 am »

Also yeah the drawings are boss :p

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2014, 01:07:29 am »

I seriously like how you've gone into the anatomical proportions of Harry's Jumping Mouse :P
Though I've to note the tibia a-...err, lower legs. Seems a bit unproportional? :P
Kidding. It is awesome and I can imagine it already in motion/daily life.
Seriously.
That is AWESOME.

I think I'm getting hyped xD
Because I already envision my form of Spirarbor as that kind of easy-going port with a majestic lighthouse and tall cliffs overlooking the ocean, with calm yet continuous breezes wherein one could easily see the sun rise and set...And those who practice magic there being of musical affinity, always by the cliffside overlooking the ocean and playing their sweet, harmonious songs.
I think I'm recalling that one classical animation (japanese origin) that mimics that harmony in mind. But not. The. Name. :x
Cue seagulls or other coastal avians flying in the distance as the camera pans out and... xD
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 01:11:09 am by Tiruin »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2014, 02:10:08 am »

I am going to chose this one

Practitioners of this craft are usually good cooks. Empathy, blessings and growth are considered its central attributes. It uses gestures as a focus.

The types of things are almost perfect for her, good cook or no was undecided so I guess she was, and gestures are perfect for the society I saw her in.
edit: also the drawing of selections was badass
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9