Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many turns before nightfall? (Note: Go to place to sleep can always be appended to an otherwise complete turn)

Less than 4
- 0 (0%)
- 2 (22.2%)
- 3 (33.3%)
- 4 (44.4%)
More than 6
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: [OOC Thread] Kurchil's Children Reboot - It Has Begun  (Read 11173 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: [OOC Thread] Kurchil's Children Reboot - 0/5
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2014, 09:23:22 am »

Actually, what exactly do Swamp Serpen look like?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2014, 09:49:35 am »

I actually also have questions regarding a race's looks: how do Aethen ears look like? Elven, human, something entirely different? Additionally, how are their wings? Fairy-like (like a butterfly's or dragonfly's or something else) or feathered?

Edit: I hope the selection process doesn't take too long to happen. Anxiety to know whether I'm in or not.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 10:10:06 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2014, 10:22:25 am »

I actually also have questions regarding a race's looks: how do Aethen ears look like? Elven, human, something entirely different? Additionally, how are their wings? Fairy-like (like a butterfly's or dragonfly's or something else) or feathered?

Edit: I hope the selection process doesn't take too long to happen. Anxiety to know whether I'm in or not.
Ears have a slight point, so elven. Fairy like wings. I like butterflies because they're good at quantum mechanics. The selection process will hopefully proceed quickly after all pending sheets are in, but I'm not gonna cut anyone off while they're still making a sheet.

Actually, what exactly do Swamp Serpen look like?
Think Argonian. Lean bodies and faces. Very serpentine.

[EDIT]: That poll is done, attitude with argument wins. My phone can't handle editing the OP easily, but the next poll is self explanatory, and up!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 10:32:40 am by Samarkand »
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2014, 10:41:05 am »

Will you take the effectiveness of a first impression in account in the "Attitude with Argument" option? Logic dictates finely-dressed, clean and groomed people have a better shot at making a good impression even before they start talking. Unless you're talking to a member of an archetypal norse culture-inspired barbarian tribe, in which case your attire would probably work against you.
Sorry for missing this question before! Yeah, there will likely be benefits, or detriments, to attitudes based off of the appearance of your character.
My Area

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2014, 01:42:32 pm »

I suggest you don't wait for me. Inspiration has yet to strike, so J probably won't have this character finished for a while.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2014, 01:58:00 pm »

I suggest you don't wait for me. Inspiration has yet to strike, so J probably won't have this character finished for a while.
Tiruin is still working on one as well, so you have time.
My Area

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2014, 02:04:17 pm »

Tiruin has been facing connection - and possibly, availability - problems these days.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2014, 03:14:33 pm »

Tiruin has been facing connection - and possibly, availability - problems these days.
But... he posted today that he'd have a sheet in a few hours?
My Area

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2014, 03:15:57 pm »

Yes, I talked to her as well. It was just a heads up justifying her lack of a sheet so far, though better explained in the PM I sent you.
>Yes?

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2014, 04:39:00 pm »

Yes, I talked to her as well. It was just a heads up justifying her lack of a sheet so far, though better explained in the PM I sent you.

Okay. So I'm hoping to say who is in tomorrow. Hopefully the two without sheets can be in. If they're close but not done quite yet a little bit of leeway can be given in terms of time, but I think everyone is anxious to get started.
My Area

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2014, 09:19:23 pm »

Caellath speaks truly :x
Also, timezones.

Spoiler: Cara Penrose (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 09:21:41 pm by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2014, 10:43:11 pm »

Another question about the setting: how common is magic? Rare, uncommon, common, "almost everyone knows a cantrip or two"?

How about power level? How common are dabbling, average, above average and powerful spellcasters?
>Yes?

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2014, 10:50:06 pm »

Caellath speaks truly :x
Also, timezones.

Spoiler: Cara Penrose (click to show/hide)
Hooray!

Humans have been slightly rebalanced. +2 resilience, -1 charisma, -1 intuition. They were a tad on the vulnerable side. Let me know if you see any other balancing issues.

Decision will be posted tomorrow sometime, with intro following a while after that. In the meantime, please vote in the latest poll. I'll pick an option with 2 more votes than the runner up, otherwise I'll average the votes (Which will mean five, unless something quite strange occurs).

Another question about the setting: how common is magic? Rare, uncommon, common, "almost everyone knows a cantrip or two"?

How about power level? How common are dabbling, average, above average and powerful spellcasters?
That's the interesting bit about using the RNG that I am. Sometimes you'll encounter a magic where everyone dabbles, sometimes nobody but a devout student can safely practice. It adds up to mean you will encounter a large number of low level casters, and a small number of high level casters, but they may be doing completely different sorts of magic. Here's the first ten I generated, just pressing the button. As you can see, magic has many different limitations. Gender, family, time to mastery, accidental learning (?), nomadic natures, and access to expensive scrolls can all limit the average citizens ability to access magical abilities.

Spoiler: Some Magics (click to show/hide)
My Area

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2014, 10:50:37 pm »

. . .Thanks for this note x-x

Aside-post here. :P
Also query: May we know harbor tolls in advance? As in, how much to travel to 'x' port from our current location? Do they vary in time? Can we 'hitch a ride'? :3
And can we meet with other people? And what relevance does the title have with the world-story?

Too many questions [some are just for thought]. I'm really interested. :P

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2014, 11:05:05 pm »

. . .Thanks for this note x-x

Aside-post here. :P
Also query: May we know harbor tolls in advance? As in, how much to travel to 'x' port from our current location? Do they vary in time? Can we 'hitch a ride'? :3
And can we meet with other people? And what relevance does the title have with the world-story?

Too many questions [some are just for thought]. I'm really interested. :P
Harbor tolls vary, dependent a lot on the mood of the captain of the ship. If you're being charged thirty shillings you're being cheated, these captains make the trip whether or not you're on board, and make a profit either way. If you're being charged five that's a steal, after all you probably smell funny enough to be worth at least ten coins to haul. People traversing the river may charge more, that's a dangerous route used mainly for ferrying people, the flow of goods is slightly slower. If you go out on open sea to travel to a new region expect to pay a hefty sum, unless you're lucky enough to find a merchant going to the right port. Hitching a ride will be dependent upon getting the favor of the captain, either through a great roll or some other source of influence.

Absolutely you can meet up with others. People drifting together or apart will be mostly their own doing. I'm unlikely to railroad either way (though I reserve the right to do so if I think it would be interesting :) ). The title was because I had recently read Children of Hurin, and I thought the title had a feeling of potential to it. Kurchil's Children is supposed to give a sense that there is a collection of partially formed individual's setting out in to a world which they somehow have a right to be in; they are it's children. Full of potential is the only way that I think I can describe it.
My Area

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9