Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 64

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Masquerade - Dance 3 - TOWN WIN  (Read 88226 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Masquerade - The First Dance Has Begun
« Reply #210 on: July 28, 2014, 10:18:23 am »

Pfp = posting from phone. Because grammar and such.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 28, 2014, 10:25:26 am »

@ 4mask:
You chose 'Unable to vote'. Was the extra two points really worth losing your largest weapon as town, 4maskwolf?
Yes, see above.  I don't lose it for long, unless I get cursed or mask-swapped.
Have a plan to stop that from happening?
Explain how, unless you get mask-swapped, you get your vote back? Oh, your scumbuddies will cure you, that's what.
wtf is this, I already claimed my self-targeted cleanse.  Apparently you are certain I am scum because... I chose unable to vote?  Please see the first run of this game, where (at least) two townies chose the unable to vote flaw WITHOUT the ability to cleanse themselves (as that ability was more unreliable at the time).

What of all of the other people who haven't voted?  Why are they not scum?  How do you know some of them aren't unable to vote?

4mask is a good alternative, seeing as he's been asking about this very power. And I doubt he will have resurrect as well. Also, lynching Varee would be basically a no-lynch since he has a resurrect, and.. people don't flip after resurrecting, right?
I never asked about this power, Varee asked me a question about it and then Scripten entered into a debate with me about the utility of said power.  I personally was uninterested in it.

Oh, what do you think of this situation, 4mask? Is it worth lynching Varee?
I need to talk this out to myself, so gimme a sec.  On the one hand, Varee is claiming to have completely neutralized another player without knowing if they are town or scum, which is a scummy action.  On the other hand, Varee is claiming that, which is unusual.  I'm going to have to consider all of the cases of me and Varee's alignments here, so bear with me:

Varee is town, regardless of my alignment: The claim itself is unusual, but Varee is telling us the truth about their role.  This means that, while the role itself is a thorny issue, Varee is trying to be honest and open with the town.
Varee is scum and I am town: I perceive this as the least likely of the options, because there is no reason for Varee to claim whatsoever.  It buys the scum nothing to have Varee claim changeling right then.
Varee is scum and I am scum: There is one situation in which this might be of some use: I am the scum killer and Varee is trying to take the heat off of me for a day so that I could buy gift and give the kill to the last member of the scumteam.  HOWEVER, we have had no kills today, making this unlikely, and I can honestly say that I have not been roleblocked or randomized in any way.  So right now, either the scumteam has no kill(highly unlikely, but they could be playing a long game) or the scum killer was roleblocked or protected against.  Or they haven't used it yet, I guess.  But this is beside the point.

Frankly, I don't think Varee is scum, but I think that a lynch would yield some information.  It would help us confirm if Varee is indeed telling the truth about revive.

In this game, all the town really needs to do is stall until the information roles have enough information to catch the scumteam.  This is basically what occurred last time the setup was run, but there was no stalling needed, since we found the entire scumteam day 2.  Even though the setup lacks an alignment cop, there are enough other powers that the scumteam can be eventually penned in by clever usage of them.  Since we know that Varee either has a revive or is a lying scum, most results benefits us: there is no accidental mislynch (if Varee is indeed an innocent townie) or a scum gets lynched.  The only possibility that is negative for us is Varee having a revive and being scum, but eliminating the revive early on rather than having it spring up on us later in the game is still good in that case.

Varee: Do you presently have resurrection?  This is important.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 28, 2014, 10:30:00 am »

@wolf
I have resurrection the last i know. I think scripten can confirm that i took that from him.
I dont think my role will be review if i didnt die when i got lynch, not certain though NQT any clarification?
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 28, 2014, 10:35:40 am »

@wolf
I have resurrection the last i know. I think scripten can confirm that i took that from him.
I dont think my role will be review if i didnt die when i got lynch, not certain though NQT any clarification?
As per here:

Votes tallied -> lynch target chosen -> Experience awarded -> Death effects trigger (explosion, super-saint, lover) -> Resurrection happens -> if not resurrected then mask, alignment and all powers/autos/flaws revealed (including hidden powers) -> end of day effects trigger (afflicted, generous etc.) -> Day 2 starts -> Queued actions trigger

A player's role won't be shown in any way if they're resurrected, though the fact that they weren't lynched will prove they had resurrection. All other death effects still trigger.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 28, 2014, 10:37:15 am »

*sigh*
and this is why I need to read more of what people say.

So you took the revive from Scripten?

Okay then.  This changes things.  I'm going to need to think on this a bit more.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 28, 2014, 10:41:57 am »

Scripten: Why did you build the role that you did?  From the way I see your role, you built it to be totally worthless to the town or the scum.  Why?  What were you trying to accomplish with your role?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 28, 2014, 10:45:27 am »

Everyone: Is it worth trying to "fix" Scripten with cleanses? I think we should leave the individual decisions to each healer to preserve anonymity, but everyone should be ale to weigh in on this debate. Is it worth it?
Hmm...

Scripten: Do you think it is worth it to cleanse you, so that you can at least build up to being useful in the future?

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 28, 2014, 10:45:54 am »

I see my current role as the stay-alive-as-long-as-possible role, which is ok for town who is more focus on using question and vote to get to scum but sadly that is not my style. Well atleast the role i gave scripten will not hinder him too much for his playstyle

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 28, 2014, 10:48:19 am »

Everyone: Based on Scripten's claimed and confirmed role, do you think that Scripten is town.  Would it be worth it to try and cleanse him?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 28, 2014, 10:52:28 am »

Everyone: Based on Scripten's claimed and confirmed role, do you think that Scripten is town.  Would it be worth it to try and cleanse him?
Yes, leaning~//Your choice. He's a Vanilla person who is handicapped with one other. Cleansing him however, I'll point out, will begin...
2 - Cleanse (One of targets flaws is removed, starting with any -2)
By freeing him from Loving Toaster~~♥
Which won't make him less dense or anything otherwise. (or give him more shots) :P

NQT: If someone picked Lover at N0, and swaps Lover with another person, will that target receive the same Lover instead of switching from the original lover?

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 28, 2014, 10:54:11 am »

I have toaster as lover and NQT told me that it cant be change even if i changling toaster he will get toaster as lover.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 28, 2014, 10:56:40 am »

Err, reword please ._.
Because Scripten should have Toaster as his lover and not you (since you Changeling'd him anyway~)

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 28, 2014, 11:01:47 am »

Unvote

Varee is right about resurrection preventing a lynch kill. It was one of the reasons I took it, but when I'd taken it, I was under the impression that it would cause a role flip without killing me outright. Since that isn't the case, as NQT pointed out,, I can't say that lynching Varee is a good plan right now. Since he wouldn't flip, it'd be a no-lynch "night," which is not a good idea for the town. I hate to fling my vote back and forth, but there's no other way to it. Right now, I'm leaning toward 4maskwolf still, but I want to see a bit more from everybody before I set my vote again.

Varee: Don't worry too much about what's already happened. You don't need to make amends by sacrificing yourself. However, I still consider you fairly suspect because of your actions. After all, this isn't a beginner's game. We can expect some honest mistakes, but there's a point at which you end up looking scummy. This early in the game, when such vast risks are unnecessary, using a power that gimps a player entirely is one of those actions. After all, only the scumteam knows which masks are maligned against them. At this point, keeping the scum as far in the dark as we can is important, since they have so many advantages in this setup. You're not liable to be killed any time soon, at least, so try to use the powers you have now to scumhunt and lynch.

Regarding the flaws Varee took and changeling'd onto me: I don't believe that any particular flaws, or lack thereof, are a tell either for town or scum. Some of them would conflict with the changeling power's initial usage and thus would be best left out. Others are crummy, but really, other than "Unable to Vote," there's nothing else that can be taken from me atm, power-wise. Though, the fact that I haven't been restricted from voting is admittedly nice.

4maskwolf: Varee is correct about the way I built my role. My day game is most useful to me, so I built myself such that I could maximize that. I don't know how useful it would be to cleanse me. Everyone knows my mask now, since I had to reveal earlier. If I get cleansed, then I'm just a really juicy target for scum. Also, I don't have any points nor any facility to get them, so making a build will be laborious. I feel like people's powers should be used elsewhere. I can still vote and scumhunt, after all.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 28, 2014, 11:10:02 am »

Another game with a huge postsplosion over the weekend; that's what I get for not checking on Sunday.

Give me a bit and I'll catch up.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 28, 2014, 11:14:37 am »

Tiruin
NQT: If someone picked Lover at N0, and swaps Lover with another person, will that target receive the same Lover instead of switching from the original lover?
Transferring Lover status (by using Changeling) will not change the object of the flaw. If Player A has the lover flaw and loves Player B and transfers that flaw onto Player C, then Player C will now love Player B.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 64