Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 85

Author Topic: LIMBO:Testing more stuff  (Read 106965 times)

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
Re: LIMBO:Testing more stuff
« Reply #1035 on: October 22, 2015, 11:20:52 am »

You're mixing me up with Konrad, he's the Aux guy/pilot, not me.

Attempt to contact Steve on the QEC. Report what happened if we still have contact.

We aren't in normal space, right? Start going around and ripping automanipulators out of the floor (or wherever they are, I have CamEyes), unless Steve tells us Origin tech has already been infected and isn't freaking out.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: October 22, 2015, 11:56:30 am »

"So... I don't think we escaped this one. Unless it already ate stars."
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: October 22, 2015, 12:21:58 pm »

. . . - - - . . .

. . . - - - . . .

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: October 22, 2015, 01:30:05 pm »

. . . - - - . . .

. . . - - - . . .
Grab him and find him a body from somewhere.

"I'll see if I can find anything for Pancaek."
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: October 22, 2015, 03:41:54 pm »

Have I found a spare space suit back on the shuttle? If not, look for one within the ship. Can't risk death from decompression.

How are the gravity automanips working? Are they only there for gravity and not for helping with the ascent (reducing the load on the ship's thrusters, etc.)? Think about ways of disposing of them safely without endangering the whole ship.

What do we know of our predicament? Did we manage to leave the planet? Are we heading out of the system now? What was that sudden blackness?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1040 on: October 24, 2015, 09:25:53 am »

You're mixing me up with Konrad, he's the Aux guy/pilot, not me.

Attempt to contact Steve on the QEC. Report what happened if we still have contact.

We aren't in normal space, right? Start going around and ripping automanipulators out of the floor (or wherever they are, I have CamEyes), unless Steve tells us Origin tech has already been infected and isn't freaking out.

I seem to do that.

No reply on any coms.

And no, you appear not to be. The sensors are reading that annoyingly random input and visuals show no stars, just void.

Also, the automanips on the ship are the size of cars so you might need some help tearing them out. Now, deactivating them, that you could do.

. . . - - - . . .

. . . - - - . . .
Grab him and find him a body from somewhere.

"I'll see if I can find anything for Pancaek."
There aren't any bodies specifically made for brain cases, but there are a few humanoid robots designed to be vr controlled for hazardous repairs and conditions. You could probably wire pancaek up to use one of them.

Have I found a spare space suit back on the shuttle? If not, look for one within the ship. Can't risk death from decompression.

How are the gravity automanips working? Are they only there for gravity and not for helping with the ascent (reducing the load on the ship's thrusters, etc.)? Think about ways of disposing of them safely without endangering the whole ship.

What do we know of our predicament? Did we manage to leave the planet? Are we heading out of the system now? What was that sudden blackness?

You did, remember? It's crappy but it's functional.

They were used for both things, but they're currently only providing gravity since you've already gotten out of the gravity well of the planet.

You could try turning them off.

You know exactly what you think you know. You were flying up, you hit that black wall of water and then you were here.  You don't know anymore than that.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: October 24, 2015, 09:32:46 am »

Screw it, start looking for a mess hall, if this place even has one, see if there's any beer.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: October 24, 2015, 09:42:48 am »

Let's see if I can wire him up on those things without breaking him. After that, do inventory. What does this ship carry in addition of us? Cargo? Tools? Any handy mining lasers lying around?
Old sigs.
Games.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: October 24, 2015, 12:34:35 pm »

Observe the perceptions of my body and evaluate the results of my actions.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: October 24, 2015, 08:50:57 pm »

Would I need to roll to deactivate the automanipulators without setting off the anti-tampering self-destructs? If not, go deactivate all to automanips I can get to. If I would have to roll, decide attempting something I don't really understand how to do is a bad idea and go look for busywork. Like mapping out the ship's interior with Mad Hatter, so we all know where the engine room, stasis pods, etc. are. Maybe get a short list of what rooms we have access to that might be relevant for whatever's about to start happening in a turn or two.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: October 25, 2015, 04:56:46 am »

Pray and meditate. We... survived?
Consider the situation and look in my mind for the signs of mindfuck. Think about things.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: October 27, 2015, 05:54:21 am »

"Bargh! No no wasn't sleeping awake now."
try to activate ship systems or at least run diagnostic, if I can turn off potentially dangerous systems then do so. Activate any distress beacons or whatever that are available. Once complete move off with anyone else that is exploring using the allround cams on the Fat-Sparrow to detect anything weird/moving.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1047 on: October 27, 2015, 10:47:23 am »

Screw it, start looking for a mess hall, if this place even has one, see if there's any beer.
Mess hall is a bit of an overstatement; it's more of a kitchen and even then it's only about as big as a reasonably sized walk in closet. There's not a lot of food here; you assume the crew would be stasis'd through most of the flight so it makes sense. You find a 6 pack of something with a label written in a language you can't decipher. It has aluminum bottles with a company logo of a pair of intertwined trees stamped into the metal. Might be booze. Might be soda. Might be bulk laxatives. Who knows.

Let's see if I can wire him up on those things without breaking him. After that, do inventory. What does this ship carry in addition of us? Cargo? Tools? Any handy mining lasers lying around?
We'll assume you get pancaek wired up successfully.

The ship has a large cargo hold, but it is empty. In fact, the ship seems to be very empty in general. There's only some basic emergency supplies, the stasis pods and...well not much else. Clearly it was between jobs.

Observe the perceptions of my body and evaluate the results of my actions.
You materialize on the bridge of the ship, appearing out of nowhere in a disappointing poof of poor ideas.

Would I need to roll to deactivate the automanipulators without setting off the anti-tampering self-destructs? If not, go deactivate all to automanips I can get to. If I would have to roll, decide attempting something I don't really understand how to do is a bad idea and go look for busywork. Like mapping out the ship's interior with Mad Hatter, so we all know where the engine room, stasis pods, etc. are. Maybe get a short list of what rooms we have access to that might be relevant for whatever's about to start happening in a turn or two.
You deactivate the automanips via very handy control panels.

The ship is, well, not exactly spacious. There's a crew quarters, an engine room, a cargo bay that takes up most of the ship, a small kitchen, a stasis area, the cockpit/bridge and...thats really about it.

Pray and meditate. We... survived?
Consider the situation and look in my mind for the signs of mindfuck. Think about things.
As you consider things, you notice something outside on the monitors. The darkness is being interrupted by slow strobes of red. It looks more like the footage from a deep sea submarine than from a starship; everything just looks too fluid and the strobe is revealing bits of floating particulate matter around you.

"Bargh! No no wasn't sleeping awake now."
try to activate ship systems or at least run diagnostic, if I can turn off potentially dangerous systems then do so. Activate any distress beacons or whatever that are available. Once complete move off with anyone else that is exploring using the allround cams on the Fat-Sparrow to detect anything weird/moving.
The ship's proximity warnings are all going off all the time, as well as warnings about about a dozen other things from temp to radiation to acceleration in multiple directions at once.

You turn on the distress beacon.

Once the auto manips are off the gravity in the ship vanishes and is replaced by a feeling of horrible omni-directional vertigo, as though you are falling in all directions at once. Not being pulled, but falling.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: October 27, 2015, 10:51:45 am »

"I LIVE! And I'm falling, it seems. How long has been since I was out? Where the heck are we even? "

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: October 27, 2015, 11:06:04 am »

"What? What is this place?"
((At this moment, Xael is not wearing a spacesuit, but is obviously armed with a gauss Pistol.))
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 85