Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 85

Author Topic: LIMBO:Testing more stuff  (Read 107093 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: LIMBO:Testing more stuff
« Reply #900 on: April 27, 2015, 03:26:20 pm »

@Piecewise Ah, good. And why did you think I was asking for ak47's or something?

I know you tinker types. Sure, it's a shorter repeater at first, but by the time it ends you're gonna have guided rocket launchers!

"You see, the feathers are for steering. No they don't burn up, they're coated in tar. It finds the other expeditions because it has a trapped spirit of an angry forefather in it."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: April 27, 2015, 03:49:50 pm »

@Piecewise Ah, good. And why did you think I was asking for ak47's or something?
Also, why are you using roman numerals for centuries?  We got rid of roman numerals because they're unwieldy bullshit.

Its traditional around here. You know, given human civilization history has somewhat around 50 of those, it is manageable.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: April 27, 2015, 04:03:28 pm »

*didn't even understand Piecewise was serious about the roman numerals before Comrade P. pointed out*
Yeah, guess it's cultural.

So, now that Glastchurch is as fine to use on horseback, I think I'm going to issue it to our primary tracker-hunter (Martin) too and call it a day. Is that acceptable?
Also, I'm now weighing the extra gun against the taxidermy supplies; should we, or should we not?

Piecewise, can an animal be successfully skinned and the hide cured without the taxidermy supplies (maybe with some other tools)? I mean, there's a difference between stuffing animal and preserving it just the way it was in life and taking its skin for a trophy.
Also, are taxidermy supplies really the recommended "trade with natives kit", or is that a joke? Is there any reason for the lack of dedicated abstracted "trade items" ( mirrors, cheap shinies, etc.) in the shop?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #903 on: April 27, 2015, 04:26:22 pm »

*didn't even understand Piecewise was serious about the roman numerals before Comrade P. pointed out*
Yeah, guess it's cultural.

So, now that Glastchurch is as fine to use on horseback, I think I'm going to issue it to our primary tracker-hunter (Martin) too and call it a day. Is that acceptable?
Also, I'm now weighing the extra gun against the taxidermy supplies; should we, or should we not?

Piecewise, can an animal be successfully skinned and the hide cured without the taxidermy supplies (maybe with some other tools)? I mean, there's a difference between stuffing animal and preserving it just the way it was in life and taking its skin for a trophy.
Also, are taxidermy supplies really the recommended "trade with natives kit", or is that a joke? Is there any reason for the lack of dedicated abstracted "trade items" ( mirrors, cheap shinies, etc.) in the shop?
Nope.
It's a joke. If you wanna trade shinies with the natives, compile a short list of the shit you want to bring (Beads, mirrors, coins etc) and I'll give you a cost and weight.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: April 27, 2015, 04:35:31 pm »

I'm good with the equipment list so far. One weapon for each of my specialties, and if they malfunction I can just try to punch my target into submission.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: April 27, 2015, 06:00:27 pm »

Now with 100% more Taxidermy!
We're down some food, the extra rifle and a few trivial items, but have more Medical Supplies and a Taxidermy Supplies set.

And this is final, I think, for the sake of speeding things up. It's a test run, after all. Everyone is okay with that?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #906 on: April 27, 2015, 06:15:04 pm »

Fine by me. You can even toss some of my weapons out if you think that there is something more important you could grab.
Oh, and do we really need two revolvers? Unless I'm forgetting something, only gentlemen are good with handguns, right?
In fact, now that I think about it, I'd prefer a proper blade that could be used against something with armour over a rifle. If not for me, then for our other adventurer. Just in case something big comes too close for us to use the big rifles.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: April 27, 2015, 06:16:55 pm »

Fine by me. You can even toss some of my weapons out if you think that there is something more important you could grab.
Oh, and do we really need two revolvers? Unless I'm forgetting something, only gentlemen are good with handguns, right?
In fact, now that I think about it, I'd prefer a proper blade that could be used against something with armour over a rifle. If not for me, then for our other adventurer. Just in case something big comes too close for us to use the big rifles.
I have a 1 in Pistols.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: April 27, 2015, 06:23:55 pm »

Looks good to me!
Let's get this showboat on the showhorse, so to speak.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 06:25:35 pm by Egan_BW »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #909 on: April 27, 2015, 06:24:09 pm »

Ah, OK, never mind then.
I'd still prefer to have a sword though, either Cutlass or Sabre, for those enemies that happen to get close. Probably cutlass, since it seems like the best against armour.
But if you think rifles are better, I'm cool with that too.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: April 27, 2015, 06:26:14 pm »

I'm a little concerned that we're bringing so few rations. If living off the land doesn't pan out, this may be a very short expedition.

Everyone's sheets as requested:

For the curious, here's our combined skillset:
Skills
1/1/-1/-1/-1 Persuasion
1/1/1/0/-1 Rifles
1/1/0/0/-1 Pistols
1/1/1/1/-1 Blades
0/0/0/-1/-1 Bludgeons
1/0/0/-1/-1 Fisticuffs
1/-1/-1/-1/-1 Craft
0/-1/-1/-1/-1 Operator
0/-1/-1/-1/-1 Repair
1/0/0/0/-1 Navigation
1/0/0/0/-1 Cooking
1/-1/-1/-1/-1 Mechanics
1/0/-1/-1/-1 Linguistics
1/1/0/-1/-1 Medicine
0/-1/-1/-1/-1 Botany
0/-1/-1/-1/-1 Biology
1/-1/-1/-1/-1 Geology
1/1/0/0/-1 Animal Handling
1/0/-1/-1/-1 Trapping
0/-1/-1/-1/-1 Taxidermy
1/0/-1/0/-1 Foraging
1/0/-1/0/-1 Tracking
1/1/0/0/0 Climbing
1/1/0/0/0 Swimming

So there's that.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #911 on: April 27, 2015, 06:34:32 pm »

Aren't the rations we have enough for about 8 days? The horses can just eat grass, so they don't need rations unless we go into bad terrain. And we can forage to prolong those 8 days. So assuming the same length journey to go there and to come back, we have at least 4 days of travelling. Over those 4 days, one of us will forage with 2 in 3 chances of success. Assuming that man can forage enough rations for the entire team on success, then we can get about 4 extra days, which means 2 extra days of movement. So we could make it at least 6 tiles away. Probably longer if we set up camp and spend a few days exploring the surrounding area or an interesting find while one focuses on foraging and trapping. Not to mention the chance that one of us kills an animal, thus obtaining extra rations that way.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 06:39:40 pm by Parisbre56 »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: April 27, 2015, 06:48:59 pm »

@Paris
Well, we have machetes and axes, so it should be fine in a pinch. Because, man, those melee blades are really expensive. I denied buying myself a saber, you know?
Also, the revolvers fit a very specific purpose: those should be easier to carry when climbing those pesky mountains.
And finally, I get this feeling that if a giant spider bear comes after you, and you try to meet it with a sword, you're fucked anyway; if it's something small, like a mere snake, a machete works just as fine. Now, swords and the such are most efficient with humans, but we have our Ladily endowed Caroline with us to persuade them otherwise, right?  :P Not to forget all the guns, and our manly Mustaches!

@Irony Thank you. Huh, didn't notice I had 0 in Rifles; I though I increased that.
Also, at some point it was either give up on some rations (which we can probably procure), the extra Cooking Utensils set (without which we are troubled if the first one is broken), or Medicine/Medical Supplies.  I decided that while we can ration the food until we find more, procuring the other two is probably impossible.

Piecewise: Can I swap that one point from Blades to Rifles, before this began? I thought I upgraded Rifles when I made the list, and I would rather not rethink it all because of that.
Past Sigs

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #913 on: April 27, 2015, 07:16:10 pm »

@Paris
Well, we have machetes and axes, so it should be fine in a pinch. Because, man, those melee blades are really expensive. I denied buying myself a saber, you know?
Also, the revolvers fit a very specific purpose: those should be easier to carry when climbing those pesky mountains.
And finally, I get this feeling that if a giant spider bear comes after you, and you try to meet it with a sword, you're fucked anyway; if it's something small, like a mere snake, a machete works just as fine. Now, swords and the such are most efficient with humans, but we have our Ladily endowed Caroline with us to persuade them otherwise, right?  :P Not to forget all the guns, and our manly Mustaches!

@Irony Thank you. Huh, didn't notice I had 0 in Rifles; I though I increased that.
Also, at some point it was either give up on some rations (which we can probably procure), the extra Cooking Utensils set (without which we are troubled if the first one is broken), or Medicine/Medical Supplies.  I decided that while we can ration the food until we find more, procuring the other two is probably impossible.

Piecewise: Can I swap that one point from Blades to Rifles, before this began? I thought I upgraded Rifles when I made the list, and I would rather not rethink it all because of that.
Sure

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: April 27, 2015, 08:00:25 pm »

Okay, so: how does splitting the team work? Do all the new teams get the standard "movement&action/two actions" allotment?
Also, can the team theoretically move on the forced march, i.e. take "movement" action twice a day?
Are the blue hexes rivers, and are they potentially crossable?

Also, just checked, and Egan's character has actually +1 in Foraging, not 0. This puts us at two foragers, which is actually nice in a way.
Past Sigs
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 85