Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 85

Author Topic: LIMBO:Testing more stuff  (Read 107164 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Re: LIMBO:Testing more stuff
« Reply #870 on: April 26, 2015, 08:20:17 pm »

Spoiler: An Adventurer (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 08:34:58 pm by Egan_BW »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: April 26, 2015, 08:31:01 pm »

Name: Victor Mallorey
Role: Gentleman
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: April 26, 2015, 08:37:38 pm »

This writing is brilliant, by the way. "His Majesty's Weighty Thumb" is glorious.

Caroline Fowlfeather
The Help
+1 Poise, Mustache (Bosom for Nikitian)
+1 Persuasion, Cooking, Medicine, Animal Handling
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: April 26, 2015, 08:48:44 pm »

I totally want in on this.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 09:18:34 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #874 on: April 26, 2015, 09:03:57 pm »

Name: Martin Newt Servat
Role: Adventurer is you
Stats: +1 Poise, Enlightenment
Skills: +1 Navigation, Trapping, Foraging, Tracking

Going for a mostly support/combat build.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 09:05:47 pm by Parisbre56 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: April 26, 2015, 09:30:53 pm »

In case someone dies!

Name: Brent Thaxton
Role: The Help
Stats:  +1 Poise, +1 Moxie
Skills:  +1 Operator, +1 Repair, +1 Bludgeons, +1 Navigation

Can we use two +1s on the same thing?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: April 26, 2015, 10:28:05 pm »

In case someone dies!

Name: Jerome Braxis
Role: Adventurer
Stats: +1 Poise, +1 Wit
Skills: +1 Craft, +1 Forage, +1 Track, +1 Botany
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: April 26, 2015, 10:28:42 pm »

All aboard the hearse train!

Which might or might not become an actual thing at some point.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #878 on: April 27, 2015, 12:48:07 am »

Name: Victor Mallorey
Role: Gentleman

Our Gentleman and head of the expedition.

Do me a favor people, post your whole sheet, not just the additions you made to it. Also, you can't go above 1 so anyone who tried to go +2 or something, sort that out.

Lets see, who else should we bring.

Spoiler: An Adventurer (click to show/hide)

This writing is brilliant, by the way. "His Majesty's Weighty Thumb" is glorious.

Caroline Fowlfeather
The Help
+1 Poise, Mustache (Bosom for Nikitian)
+1 Persuasion, Cooking, Medicine, Animal Handling
I totally want in on this.

Name: Martin Newt Servat
Role: Adventurer is you
Stats: +1 Poise, Enlightenment
Skills: +1 Navigation, Trapping, Foraging, Tracking

Going for a mostly support/combat build.

If this is acceptable to the expedition leader, then this is what we will use.

Now, as part of this test I'm going to grant each of you a horse. I'm also going to give you a cart and a horse to pull it, as well as a single Summit to spend on supplies.

Here is the map of the area directly around you:

The goal in this is to explore out as far as possible and then get back to your little town there and present your findings and anything you manged to bring back.

My prediction:

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: April 27, 2015, 02:35:15 am »

I'm a tad late, but meh, here goes anyways:
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 03:31:31 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: April 27, 2015, 02:47:53 am »

Do me a favor people, post your whole sheet, not just the additions you made to it.
Ah, my apologies. As penance I'll post everyone else's sheets too.

As my official request to the gentleman, I'd like a journal and several cages; I have no skill whatsoever at trapping things*, but would be more than happy to attempt to handle any raging venomous creatures we do contain, as well as politely convince any natives we encounter to get in as well.

*That don't speak a language

Additionally, I'm a cook, so cooking utensils, an ax, and fire steel might be handy for turning anything else we forage into edible meals.

I have no weapon preferences, as I have no weapon skills. It's still probably worth arming me, though perhaps not very expensively.

My prediction:
A minor setback.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: April 27, 2015, 02:58:45 am »

@Piecewise's prediction: It's cool, I can swim.

And thanks for posting my sheet, Irony.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: April 27, 2015, 08:18:29 am »

@IronyOwl I have no problem with that request. Also, could you please remake the two other charsheets with your nice and very readable formatting? It would be of great help.

On weapons: I think I'll supply each of us with a knife regardless of other weapons; we can afford that and that seems most prudent. Now, would anyone have personal weapon choices, or is that left to me? Also, I am now wondering whether it's possible to fire, say, Glastonchurch or Sillwell Pattern 4 from the horseback; probably not, but maybe Leestone Repeater is fine, as are the smaller guns.

On the expedition plan: I think we'll have two Journals - one on me, and one on Caroline. Furthermore, we'll prepare a small detachment - me and James, I think, because of our gentlemanly ability to climb, but possibly also either Martin or Corbin - to wander off on foot and explore the nearby mountains that we cannot traverse with the cart. We'll go over plains mostly, but also take a hunting/foraging trip into the forest nearby every so often to renew the supplies.

(The actual supplies list coming slightly later.)
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #883 on: April 27, 2015, 09:05:37 am »

We seem to be lacking someone with skill in botany, so we might want to get some extra food and medicine (both because finding medical plants will be harder and because there is a higher chance of poisoning), just in case. Although I guess I could trap small animals for us to eat. Animals should not be as poisonous as plants, right?

We also definitely need medical supplies for treating the inevitable broken bone or friendly fire injury.

And an axe and fire steel definitely, for making fire. And a compass is cheap and would help me navigate. And some cooking utensils would be nice.

Maybe a machete, if we can afford it. Or any other blade will do for me. And maybe a cheap rifle.

And some tools for obtaining samples, like cages or something like geology gear (or any other tool our scientists/professionals would like).

I'll see if I can make a list of my proposals with cost/weight total later.

Oh, is fishing possible? Do we need any special tools for it or does it count as foraging?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #884 on: April 27, 2015, 10:00:42 am »

We seem to be lacking someone with skill in botany, so we might want to get some extra food and medicine (both because finding medical plants will be harder and because there is a higher chance of poisoning), just in case. Although I guess I could trap small animals for us to eat. Animals should not be as poisonous as plants, right?

We also definitely need medical supplies for treating the inevitable broken bone or friendly fire injury.

And an axe and fire steel definitely, for making fire. And a compass is cheap and would help me navigate. And some cooking utensils would be nice.

Maybe a machete, if we can afford it. Or any other blade will do for me. And maybe a cheap rifle.

And some tools for obtaining samples, like cages or something like geology gear (or any other tool our scientists/professionals would like).

I'll see if I can make a list of my proposals with cost/weight total later.

Oh, is fishing possible? Do we need any special tools for it or does it count as foraging?
Foraging yeah. You can buy a fishing pole for 40 Ley. Or get someone to try and cobble one together.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 85