Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: Tiberian Moon - Tactical Infantry Combat 2034  (Read 23889 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Tiberian Moon - Tactical Infantry Combat 2034
« Reply #180 on: August 13, 2014, 02:36:39 am »

Cedric boards his pod and straps himself in.

Cheesebutt

Wow.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 13, 2014, 09:31:46 pm »

America.
Back to the old days.

Deploy!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 14, 2014, 09:16:05 am »

To the pods!
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 15, 2014, 10:40:24 am »

To the pods.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #185 on: August 18, 2014, 01:57:02 am »

Klaxons begin to blare and a robotic voice can be heard echoing instructions throughout the station. You lieutenants have already started shouting and ordering the men to the pods.

Luke helps some disc troopers drag crates of grenades and other equipment strung together with durable metal wire to some of the other pods to secure them. He notices a few unmarked crates among the standard fare but there's simply no time to remove the cables to check them.

Sami notices a troop of 30 soldiers holding some strange equipment rush into the deployment area. They quickly board the regiment's pods and seal them before she can say anything or stop them, and no one else noticed them in the confusion.

Once the men have all boarded all the officers climb into the same pod together. Joan closes the hatch and everyone gets strapped in. EVA's computer on board the station reads the regiment as ready and launches all 49 (5 men to each one, plus six loaded with supplies) pods towards Earth.

((Ignore how dumb it is that all the officers are in the same pod, this is just a moment for you guys to interact if you wish.))

23rd Independent Infantry Unit [change unit colors? (color/glow)]
Personnel 215 Shock Troopers (5% chance to recover from fatal wounds)
5 Lieutenants
120 Light Infantry: BAL/FKM.ii (+1 v explosives/shrapnel, +2 vs slugs), AF-10 (range:mid, dmg:slug)
40 Disc Throwers: BAL/X.ii (+2 v explosives/shrapnel, +1 vs slugs), Disc Backpack (range:short-mid, dmg:hi-ex/shrapnel)
20 Medics: BAL/TP.ii (+1 mobility, +5 TibRes), M/T-B (+2 medical, +1 cure tib)
30 ? ? ?: ? ? ?

Equipment: Body Armor Light/FlaK Medium Mk.ii (BAL/FKM.ii), Body Armor Light/EXplosive Mk.ii (BAL/X.ii), Body Armor Light/Tiberium Protective Mk.ii (BAL/TP.ii)
AF-10 Assault Rifle, Disc Backpack, Medical/Tiberium-Backpack (M/T-B)
1x Laser Communication Backpack

Project Mandate: Test prototyped improvements to standard infantry battle gear, test defensive-related and advanced medical equipment in the field.
Current Experiments: None

History: 1 Engagement, 18 Casualties
The 23rd has already been bloodied in it's first battle with Brotherhood of Nod forces at their first assault in Estonia, having stopped a Nod attack in it's tracks and immediately taken the fight to them. After a few hours of pitched battle the 23rd ground them down, routing the Nod forces. The unit's medical support and the heavy weaponry available to them had proved decisive in holding back Nod from the base they were stationed in.

Lieutenants
Spoiler: Tiruin/Joan Javier (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Taricus/Sami Reiher (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lukeinator/Luke Wilson (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 02:48:20 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 18, 2014, 04:44:48 am »

Cedric double-checks his seat-belt, then greets the other lieutenants. He extends an arm to each one of them, giving each a firm handshake.

"Lieutenant Casanova, from the 3rd Hunter Killer Division, pleasure to meet you all."
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 18, 2014, 08:46:46 am »

Cedric double-checks his seat-belt, then greets the other lieutenants. He extends an arm to each one of them, giving each a firm handshake.

"Lieutenant Casanova, from the 3rd Hunter Killer Division, pleasure to meet you all."
Pleasure's mine. Luke Wilson.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #188 on: August 20, 2014, 11:09:54 pm »

(Meant to post this straightaway but I forgot. Sorry guys. ;-;)
The terminal in the pod lights up as EVA uplinks to it.

Enemy Nod forces have become active in Central America and are mounting a massive land assault on the Southern United States. All GDI forces are being mobilized to defend this area.

Prior to this, several objects were detected in sub-orbit over the northern pacific ocean. Some time later large explosions were reported in major population centers and several key GDI facilities in the continental United States were knocked out.

They were later identified to be ICBMs, carrying special payload. Their trajectory was tracked to the Indochina region, a facility in peninsular Malaysia known to be under Nod force's control.

Locate the facility and capture it. Strength is unknown. You will be detected and you have only a 12 hour window upon landing to complete your objective before Nod reinforcements arrive. If your team fails, there is no possibility of evacuation. Further instructions to come upon success of the operation.

Good luck.

The display winks out and the interior of the pod is bathed in red emergency lighting again.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #189 on: August 21, 2014, 01:28:38 am »

The world shakes as your pod hits the ground and slides. [roll] You all regain consciousness at about the same time, the chairs are hanging from the ceiling, their occupants still in them aside from Cedric, who broke his harness and was thrown. Joan's endurance mean's she's the first one to come to. She manages to get herself out of her chair without falling on Cedric, who's not feeling well at all. Joan checks him. He seems fine, he just struck his head pretty hard when the pod rolled. Everyone else comes out of it eventually and together Luke and Sami manage to get the door open by kicking it. You all grab your weapons and someone helps Cedric climb out.

In four minutes it'll be 3 in the AM. A heavy mist hugs the overgrown floor of the jungle, and combined with the thick canopy overhead that shuts out all the early morning sunlight, visibility is practically nil. Several whistling roars, distant and near, can be heard as the other pods rocket to earth.

23rd Independent Infantry Unit [change unit colors? (color/glow)]
Personnel 215 Shock Troopers (5% chance to recover from fatal wounds)
5 Lieutenants
120 Light Infantry: BAL/FKM.ii (+1 v explosives/shrapnel, +2 vs slugs), AF-10 (range:mid, dmg:slug3)
40 Disc Throwers: BAL/X.ii (+2 v explosives/shrapnel, +1 vs slugs), Disc Backpack (range:short-mid, dmg:hi-ex3/shrapnel3)
20 Medics: BAL/TP.ii (+1 mobility, +5 TibRes), M/T-B (+2 medical, +1 cure tib)
30 ???: ???

Equipment: Body Armor Light/FlaK Medium Mk.ii (BAL/FKM.ii), Body Armor Light/EXplosive Mk.ii (BAL/X.ii), Body Armor Light/Tiberium Protective Mk.ii (BAL/TP.ii)
AF-10 Assault Rifle
Disc Backpack (range:short-mid, dmg:hi-ex3/shrapnel3), Medical/Tiberium-Backpack (M/T-B)
1x Laser Communication Backpack

Mission Objective: Capture the jungle facility.
Project Mandate: Test prototyped improvements to standard infantry battle gear, test defensive-related and advanced medical equipment in the field.
Current Experiments: Test shield projection equipment in combat.

History: 1 Engagement, 18 Casualties
The 23rd has already been bloodied in it's first battle with Brotherhood of Nod forces at their first assault in Estonia, having stopped a Nod attack in it's tracks and immediately taken the fight to them. After a few hours of pitched battle the 23rd ground them down, routing the Nod forces. The unit's medical support and the heavy weaponry available to them had proved decisive in holding back Nod from the base they were stationed in.

Lieutenants
Spoiler: Tiruin/Joan Javier (click to show/hide)
Health: Okay
Armor: BAL/FKM.ii (+1 v explosives/shrapnel, +2 vs slugs)
Weapons: AF-10 (range:mid, dmg:slug4)
Other: None

Spoiler: Taricus/Sami Reiher (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lukeinator/Luke Wilson (click to show/hide)

Health: Bleeding head wound
Armor: BAL/X.ii (+2 v explosives/shrapnel, +1 vs slugs)
Weapons: Disc Backpack (range:short-mid, dmg:hi-ex3/shrapnel3)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 21, 2014, 09:20:06 am »

Sami leapt out of the pod after the door had been opened, the AF-10 slung over her shoulder. Landing on the jungle floor, she turned back to face the opened pod, where the other lieutenants were.

"Alright, up and at them. We need to regroup the platoons first and foremost, after that, we could use a few teams doing recon on the Nod facility so we know what we're going to do here exactly." She called out, leaving her rifle slung for now.

OOC: Right, first issue here is that we need to sort out the individual platoons. With that in mind, we need to distribute our forces accordingly. As a suggestion, Tiruin's unit should be mostly compromised of light infantry, and Cheesecake's with grenadiers, to ensure that both are used to the best effect and in addition, everyone gets four medics. And furthermore, posting the platoons here in spoilers would make it easier for Gunin to track them. In total though, there is roughly 43 men per platoon, give or take

With that, here's my platoon:
Spoiler: Heavy Infantry Platoon (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Remaining Personnel (click to show/hide)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 21, 2014, 11:49:02 am »

"I'll do the recon, the rest could ensure there'd be nothing going wrong and prepare for the assault." Joan replied, having introduced herself back in the pod yet leaving it in silence as the atmosphere and the ground became all the more apparent.

Spoiler: Joan's Platoon (click to show/hide)

((We've got 215 men. 43 to Taricus, I'm taking 42 here.))

Spoiler: Remaining Personnel (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 12:25:25 pm by Tiruin »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #192 on: August 21, 2014, 03:56:28 pm »

((Yeah no problem Taric, good formatting on the platoons. You should make contact with your men first, though. You don't know how many survived the landing yet.))
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 04:31:30 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 21, 2014, 07:19:15 pm »

Luke jumps out the door, and tries to see through the haze.

Spoiler: Luke's platoon (click to show/hide)
[/quote]

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 21, 2014, 08:03:39 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15