Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: Tiberian Moon - Tactical Infantry Combat 2034  (Read 23876 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Tiberian Moon - Tactical Infantry Combat 2034
« Reply #195 on: August 21, 2014, 08:18:44 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'll give it some thought after this mission. Six might be a bit much. Til' then you can drop a sheet and at least get on the waitlist. Say, how much C&C have you played?

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 21, 2014, 09:48:43 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'll give it some thought after this mission. Six might be a bit much. Til' then you can drop a sheet and at least get on the waitlist. Say, how much C&C have you played?

A lot. I own The First Decade, and have played all of those games at least once each. In fact, the only C&C game I haven't played is Tiberian Twilight, so no real loss there.

EDIT: Character Sheet below.

Name: James Miller
Appearance: A tall, broad-shouldered Caucasian man with dark black hair and murky brown eyes.
Ethnicity: United States of America
Pre-Unit Background: 1st SFOD-D. One of the last members of that group to transfer over to GDI, as the rest were either folded into the commando program or assigned staff positions.
Leadership Qualifications: Miller favors precise application of overwhelming firepower, and, failing that, the good old fashioned shoot and scoot.
Primary Combat Skill: Machine-guns
Unrelated Skill: Generally moves very quietly.

Also, what unit do the faces represent?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 10:44:03 pm by GentlemanRaptor »
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #197 on: August 21, 2014, 11:09:58 pm »

A lot. I own The First Decade, and have played all of those games at least once each. In fact, the only C&C game I haven't played is Tiberian Twilight, so no real loss there.

Name: James Miller
Appearance: A tall, broad-shouldered Caucasian man with dark black hair and murky brown eyes.
Ethnicity: United States of America
Pre-Unit Background: 1st SFOD-D. One of the last members of that group to transfer over to GDI, as the rest were either folded into the commando program or assigned staff positions.
Leadership Qualifications: Miller favors precise application of overwhelming firepower, and, failing that, the good old fashioned shoot and scoot.
Primary Combat Skill: Machine-guns
Unrelated Skill: Generally moves very quietly.

Also, what unit do the faces represent?
Right on, same here. What's your favorite?

Looks good. You'll be in when someone dies or if I think I can fit one more person.

Say what? Faces?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 22, 2014, 04:08:58 am »

Cedric rubbed his head and felt the blood. "Damn. Should get this checked."

Spoiler: Cedric's Platoon (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Remaining Personnel (click to show/hide)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 22, 2014, 06:43:00 am »

These things.  ???
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #200 on: August 22, 2014, 02:47:49 pm »

These things.  ? ? ?
Oh! Sorry I have emoticons turned off.

You don't know, that's the point. Read back a little, they hopped on board the pods as the regiment was taking off.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #201 on: August 23, 2014, 01:43:58 am »

You each try your radios in turn, but you can't seem to make contact. It seems your comms are jammed.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 23, 2014, 01:57:06 am »

You each try your radios in turn, but you can't seem to make contact. It seems your comms are jammed.
Joan frowned at this turn of events.

"We're either being jammed or any radiowaves aren't being broadcasted. There goes our theoretical composition. Any idea of what to do now?"

She looked at the others as this was fairly foreign ground.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #203 on: August 23, 2014, 02:34:23 am »

To clarify, since there was some confusion voiced over IRC: You're in the middle of the jungle, no one's around, you can't see anything or hear anyone. You're wearing your armor which look like space suits and all have built in wireless communications.

While you're deliberating, you're all alarmed to hear the sound of something crashing through the brush. 14 light infantry wander up to you guys from the jungle.

The point man jumps when he spots you, but he lowers his gun once he recognizes you're GDI.
Agh! Damn, sirs! I almost killed you! This damn fog makes it impossible to see.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 02:52:27 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 23, 2014, 03:44:51 am »

"Just one." Sami replied, before removing her rifle and taking it into her hands, and aimed it skyward.

Fire three rounds into the air, a three second delay between each one.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 23, 2014, 04:55:01 am »

"It's alright, son." Cedric moves closer to the squad of infantrymen. "Any idea where the rest of your unit is?"
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #206 on: August 23, 2014, 10:10:28 am »

"It's alright, son." Cedric moves closer to the squad of infantrymen. "Any idea where the rest of your unit is?"
Well it's three pods between the lot of us. One of our guys didn't make it, sad to say. The pods are rolling, ground's too soft you see? We come in at an angle, and when it hits, the nose buries and it goes ass over tip. He shrugs. And the damned truth of it is we can't do a thing about it.

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 23, 2014, 12:03:05 pm »

Well it's three pods between the lot of us. One of our guys didn't make it, sad to say. The pods are rolling, ground's too soft you see? We come in at an angle, and when it hits, the nose buries and it goes ass over tip. He shrugs. And the damned truth of it is we can't do a thing about it.
Maybe we need a better transport method then dropping people out planes. Have you seen any other GDI since drop?
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #208 on: August 23, 2014, 01:05:17 pm »

Maybe we need a better transport method then dropping people out planes. Have you seen any other GDI since drop?
Other than you? He gestures. Of course not sir, we would've picked them up. We're scattered all over the jungle, we should start looking for the rest as soon as possible. EVA shot us some position data before we hit, the Nod base is only about 8 kilometers from here. On foot, they're sure to be on us in a few hours. Let's hope they don't have any aircraft.. They can't land anything in this shit but they can sure bomb the hell out of us. Again, sir, I recommend we get moving.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 01:06:55 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #209 on: August 23, 2014, 07:14:33 pm »

Is this still joinable?
I PM'd him yesterday and again today, if Rolep doesn't respond by tomorrow I'll write up your spoiler and you'll take his place.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15