Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Author Topic: Tiberian Moon - Tactical Infantry Combat 2034  (Read 23943 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tiberian Moon - Tactical Infantry Combat 2034
« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2014, 09:36:48 pm »

Unit Name: 23rd Independent Infantry Battalion
Type: Shock Troops (Better starting weapons and increased toughness)
Sub-Unit: Medics (Heal units and cure tiberium exposure)
Project Goals: Improved infantry battle gear, particularly defensive-related equipment and advanced field medical equipment
Interesting Flavor Text: The 23rd has already been bloodied within it's first battle with brotherhood of nod forces, having ground down Nod's attack after a few hours of pitched battle. Between the unit's medical support, and the heavy weaponry available to them had proved decisive in holding back nod from the base they were stationed in.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2014, 02:26:38 am »

Project Goals: Improved infantry battle gear, particularly defensive-related equipment and advanced field medical equipment
Interesting Flavor Text: The 23rd has already been bloodied within it's first battle with brotherhood of nod forces, having ground down Nod's attack after a few hours of pitched battle. Between the unit's medical support, and the heavy weaponry available to them had proved decisive in holding back nod from the base they were stationed in.
+1
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2014, 03:22:11 am »

Note for Tiberian Sun fans, since I ended up talking about it on IRC: Only Cavalry are eligible to use jetpacks.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2014, 04:14:11 am »

::) Well if you didn't want to make a game about NOD why even offer the possibility? You know you could have just gone immediately with "yup this is a game about GDI" instead of "yeah you can choose" and then fudge the results to something you like in the end.

On another note:

Unit Name: 42th Penal Division
Type: Shock
Sub-Unit: Engineers (repair equipment and access master control terminals)
Project Goals: Reintegration of yellow zone personnel into combat units but more importantly reclamation of yellow zones into blue zones and red zones into yellow zones.
Interesting Flavor Text: Badly Outfitted Penal Companies sent in to find way to deal with Tiberium Infestations and Reduce them. Actually quite good relations with NOD since most personnel are former NOD-Members outfitted with explosive collars. Division is not outfitted for combat situations but to actually do something constructive and keep shit from breaking down completely.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #79 on: July 15, 2014, 04:28:26 am »

::) Well if you didn't want to make a game about NOD why even offer the possibility? You know you could have just gone immediately with "yup this is a game about GDI" instead of "yeah you can choose" and then fudge the results to something you like in the end.

Now you're just being downright mean..

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2014, 05:46:31 am »

Spoiler: Tangent (click to show/hide)

Project Goals: Reintegration of yellow zone personnel into combat units but more importantly reclamation of yellow zones into blue zones and red zones into yellow zones.
Interesting Flavor Text: Badly Outfitted Penal Companies sent in to find way to deal with Tiberium Infestations and Reduce them. Actually quite good relations with NOD since most personnel are former NOD-Members outfitted with explosive collars. Division is not outfitted for combat situations but to actually do something constructive and keep shit from breaking down completely.
+1. Maybe we even get some mutants.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2014, 06:54:56 am »

^^That is indeed a possibility! And I like this version of the Penal Division better than the old one. It'll be taken for granted most of these guys are legitimately reformed, however, and the PCs should all treat Nod as the enemy.

I didn't cheat! :v There's no way for me to prove I'm unbiased, but I assure you I have no preference either way.. Taricus asked for an extended vote since it had hardly been up for an hour and there were only a couple votes, and I thought it was a good idea.. And I don't know what you're talking about with AI, ebbor? Dead 6 were a bunch of commandos, so I thought Kevak meant "if Dead 6 are in this game, I vote GDI". I guess I made a mistake, because at that time that was what I thought he meant. And I'm glad he mentioned it because I totally love Renegade and I've been thinking about how they'd fit, either as supporting characters or people you hear about from time to time.

If there's gonna be a big stink about this over a close vote and me being overexcited to start the game, maybe we shouldn't play this..
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 07:07:27 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2014, 07:10:37 am »

In response to 10ebbor10
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

+1 For the Penal division.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 07:15:20 am by Comrade Shamrock »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #83 on: July 15, 2014, 07:19:54 am »

*Shamrock is executed*

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2014, 07:32:21 am »

''Tel... tell m.. tell my family... I uh....'' The body riddled with bullets, sinks to the floor, sprawling as if to take up as much space as possible while a pool of blood slowly radiates out from the corpse.

Congratulations first mission of the game should be to clean up my corpse while taking out worldmaster who has your other bodyguard.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #85 on: July 15, 2014, 07:47:32 am »

Oh, well.. He put hands on Dariel MacInnis, as it happens, so he was extremely dead the moment that happened.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 15, 2014, 11:25:20 am »

The 'zones' only come into existence after firestorm and the retrieval of the tacitus (Given that the tacitus is what allows GDI to reclaim territory into 'blue' zones in the first place, that is important.)

Also GDI has to follow thing thing called the UN mandate. That means no penal units due to having to follow human rights :P

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 15, 2014, 12:03:09 pm »

Pah, so much red tape! Anyway they abandoned the yellow zones, what about their rights? If it would upset the delicate sensibilities of the citizens, perhaps rehabilitation instead of penal. And just because we don't have the tacitus doesn't mean we can't try and reclaim zones. It may not work but we can try.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 15, 2014, 12:05:37 pm »

The zones don't actually exist before the tacitus is recovered by GDI. That classification only came after they were able to start reclaiming land from tiberium infestation, and it also contained most of the knowledge that GDI used to reclaim territory so...

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 15, 2014, 12:13:26 pm »

+1
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15