Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: Tiberian Moon - Tactical Infantry Combat 2034  (Read 23931 times)

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tiberian Moon - Tactical Infantry Combat 2034
« Reply #90 on: July 15, 2014, 12:58:48 pm »

The zones don't actually exist before the tacitus is recovered by GDI. That classification only came after they were able to start reclaiming land from tiberium infestation, and it also contained most of the knowledge that GDI used to reclaim territory so...

Just because they didn't successfully halt the spread of tiberium or push it doesn't mean they didn't try beforehand, even on a small scale. Also use of blue, yellow and red is to make it quicker to type. What do you suggest I call a red zone? A region made inhospitable by tiberium? It's a bit of a hassle.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 15, 2014, 01:08:44 pm »

Considering that most of the world is, yeah. Most of GDI's retained territory is either within arctic areas, small colonies or otherwise have quantities of tiberium in them and thus cannot be blue zones.

And with yellow and red zones, those can easily be construed as being GDI and NOD territory respectively.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 15, 2014, 01:26:53 pm »

Please look at this map Gunin put up and bolded text.

4:30AM, September 2, 2030
GDI Space Station Philadelphia
Command Level

The massive station, constructed in the wake of the first Tiberium War, acts as the central command for all GDI forces.

The main floor of the situation room is packed with rows of consoles manned by hard working GDI techs. The main wall is dominated by a large main screen that displays an approximated map of the zones.

So, zones are included in this.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 15, 2014, 02:18:29 pm »

The 'zones' only come into existence after firestorm and the retrieval of the tacitus (Given that the tacitus is what allows GDI to reclaim territory into 'blue' zones in the first place, that is important.)

Also GDI has to follow thing thing called the UN mandate. That means no penal units due to having to follow human rights :P
The current UN also has to follow human rights. Isn't always happening either.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 15, 2014, 03:02:05 pm »

Yeah, but the UN in it's current form has no ability to actually do something about those, whereas GDI does.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #95 on: July 15, 2014, 05:22:42 pm »

Yeahhh Taricus knows what he's talking about. GDI is more powerful than they were in 1995 and are more like an independent military, but currently they're still under the UN charter. So no penal division because that's super illegal. :S

I can't see GDI actually doing something like that anyway, it's pretty out of character, or Nod being captured without committing suicide. Plus this is the exact day the Second Tiberium War started, so I'm not sure where they could've got these Nod from unless they're pretty old. I'm also not sure why Yellow citizens would be stuck in a penal colony anyhow. Usually GDI reintegrate and evacuate towns in territories they've captured.

What else was I gonna say..? It feels important. Eh, it'll come back to me.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 15, 2014, 07:06:09 pm »

Possibly starting the game?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #97 on: July 15, 2014, 07:11:09 pm »

Nah.

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 15, 2014, 07:12:42 pm »

Yeahhh Taricus knows what he's talking about. GDI is more powerful than they were in 1995 and are more like an independent military, but currently they're still under the UN charter. So no penal division because that's super illegal. :S

I can't see GDI actually doing something like that anyway, it's pretty out of character, or Nod being captured without committing suicide. Plus this is the exact day the Second Tiberium War started, so I'm not sure where they could've got these Nod from unless they're pretty old. I'm also not sure why Yellow citizens would be stuck in a penal colony anyhow. Usually GDI reintegrate and evacuate towns in territories they've captured.

What else was I gonna say..? It feels important. Eh, it'll come back to me.

Ok. Can it be mutant labour initially and we can replace losses with Nod or at least those affiliated with Nod. In response to penal unit, call it a rehabilitation unit and everyone is happy. If you feel it is out of character think about it like this, not all people on one side are saints nor are all are all on the other slimeballs. So, maybe we could have a more extremist or unethical approach to the tiberium problem by a minority group.

Taricus as you have been the bane of Nod affiliation, I have put you square at the top of Nod's hit list.

Nod's Hit List
1. Taricus
2. James Solomon
3. Michael Macneil

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 15, 2014, 07:19:14 pm »

The problem is, Nod is an extremist religious military association.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #100 on: July 15, 2014, 07:20:51 pm »

GDI haven't allied with the Forgotten yet. A unit made out of former Nod turned GDI sympathizers is just too impractical. Fast forward 20-50 years either during the Scrin insurrection or at the end of the Third Tiberium War and I'd consider it plausible. Nod are too extremist to ever give themselves to GDI like that.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 15, 2014, 07:21:53 pm »

And while you'd be right that it is typically grey, GDI has the benefit of legal protections for people so tends to have a better public perception.

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 15, 2014, 07:35:22 pm »

Ok not full on Nod but those who lend support. Some could be interested in the services Nod offer in areas GDI abandoned but not into the religious aspect.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #103 on: July 15, 2014, 07:41:58 pm »

Nod are fanatics, by definition they never do anything halfway. :p

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 15, 2014, 07:52:17 pm »

I don't mean those who have joined the official, but those in yellow zone areas where Nod rule is prevalent or are you suggesting that all those who support Nod are hardline extremists.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15