Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 28

Author Topic: Wakfu - A very sad ogre. Now F2P! Sorta.  (Read 43573 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Wakfu - A very sad ogre. Now F2P! Sorta.
« Reply #120 on: July 14, 2014, 07:08:14 pm »

Darn, I checked this and you were offline. I'll catch up to ye later then.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 14, 2014, 07:50:28 pm »

Guilds are by-character, so if you join the guild and make a new character, the new character won't be in the guild, just so you guys know.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 14, 2014, 11:22:15 pm »

Dungeons are much more reasonable when you've got six bodies being thrown at them >_<

Even if three of them are minioncritters. Said it before, saying again. Stabby dude's pretty great. Simple, direct, but it gets the point across.

E: In other news, the royal gobbal was oddly puny compared to the shin larva. I was expecting something fairly equitable and... not really. Not that I'm complaining, mind, but still.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 11:26:12 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #123 on: July 15, 2014, 12:00:02 am »

Keep in mind there's a celestial gobball area where, presumably, royal gobballs or something equal to them are notably more common, probably on the level of warchiefs.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 15, 2014, 12:52:25 am »

Mm... true. And there's wild gobballs as well, even the weakest of which (iirc -- might be the next up, there's four or five of 'em before you hit warchief) have as much or more HP than that royal gobball. Incidentally, those wild ones are fairly decent XP, ha. Is around 12k for the weakest one, with a wisdom candy thingy going, iirc, so maybe around 8k a pop without? Something like that. Everything they drop is like level 50-something though, which makes rummaging them for kit kinda' futile at the point most of us are at.

Game likes its sheep, apparently. Maybe a little too much >_>
Ask not!
Ask!

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 15, 2014, 07:24:51 am »

Take me to these sheepadventures once the war of derp ends >:I I have multiple keys to multiple places.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 15, 2014, 09:37:04 am »

Stabby dude can be great, yeah. But trying to hit my summon with a fire buff without decimating his health can be hard if theres bad positioning. (I accidentally killed him in the first fight I had with him, hehe.)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 15, 2014, 10:18:22 am »

That's the best part about stabby dude, though. You can blow it up each and every battle with basically no repercussions. It's great! Only just now respec'd into an AoE attack, but I expect I'll be blowing the poor critter up regularly now.

Last night I kept using the other guys knights to move mine around. And maybe occasionally myself, or the other players. Never did get around to it, but the barriers frogbots can make are also acceptable targets. You can do some neat stuff with that dash attack. 20-30-ish damage to an ally to move 3-4 squares isn't bad at all~
Ask not!
Ask!

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 15, 2014, 11:58:55 am »

Ok, so I've managed to get somewhat into the game. At the moment I'm pondering what nation I should join.

Also, I've been planting trees for the past hour. Is this normal?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 15, 2014, 12:28:25 pm »

Ok, so I've managed to get somewhat into the game. At the moment I'm pondering what nation I should join.

Also, I've been planting trees for the past hour. Is this normal?
Being distracted planting things is fairly normal for me, dunno about in general.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 15, 2014, 01:38:55 pm »

Right now, at least as of the last time I was logged in, probably Bonta. Everyone else is either brakmar or at war with brakmar, which could lead to PvP shenanigans you'd possibly rather avoid while you're picking up the paces (plus the poor brak folks can't group with... well, the rest of the guild, if you're interested in that bit of things).

Beyond that, your metagame choice would be based on what profession you're interested in -- you get some minor boosts to whatever the nation's chosen one is. Your awesome choice would be, of course, Purpleland, because it's purple and purple is most awesome. True facts, that.
Ask not!
Ask!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 15, 2014, 02:26:13 pm »

The war will end eventually. And then there'll probably be more derp, but eh.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Keuran

• Bay Watcher
  • not made of spiders
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 15, 2014, 02:33:13 pm »

Final Fantasy Tactics MMO! Sort of! Actually, that's kind of a shallow comparison, but Dofus was pretty good a few years back, so eh. I'm trying out a Xelor and an Osamodas on Nox now.

So far, it looks like summon osamodas is not quite the infinite hammertime it was in Dofus, but it's still really great at low-to-midgame levels.

Support xelor seems to start out really slow but then get better at higher levels? A lot of the spells seem cool but the AP effects don't have enough kick to be really powerful until you can cast more than one per turn. On one hand, I kinda wish it were more like FFT time mages. On the other hand, that would mean everyone on the server would just play xelor and chain immobilize and meteor.

Finally, has anyone triggered a Cap'n Atcha fight while harvesting from animals? It's a question for... a friend. A friend named Science.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 15, 2014, 02:45:27 pm »

Does fishing count?

Keuran

• Bay Watcher
  • not made of spiders
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 15, 2014, 02:50:12 pm »

Does fishing count?

No, sorry. I actually got a cap'n atcha battle on sturgeon recently, but I'm thinking specifically about things like gobballs and dandy lions.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 28