Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 28

Author Topic: Wakfu - A very sad ogre. Now F2P! Sorta.  (Read 43563 times)

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
Re: Wakfu - A very sad ogre. Now F2P! Sorta.
« Reply #105 on: July 14, 2014, 01:01:31 pm »

Is everyone playing on Nox? And on a related note, is there a way to transfer characters to another server?

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 14, 2014, 01:26:14 pm »

Dunno about everyone, but most of the folks on the player list whatsit seem to be. No clue about transferring, though.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 14, 2014, 02:40:39 pm »

* Aklyon has joined Brakmar
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 14, 2014, 02:41:20 pm »

There's at least 6 of us in Nox, me thinks.

Bleh, it seems their shop isn't working in my region. I cant buy ogrines or anything.

Also, hail brakmar.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 14, 2014, 03:04:09 pm »

Seems more like hail bonta, t'me. And I say that as a purple critter.

They gotta' be doing something right to have everyone else allied with 'em, anyway. Kinda' wish I could defect, ha. Not exactly interested in pvp, terribly much.
Ask not!
Ask!

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #110 on: July 14, 2014, 03:48:18 pm »

You can change nations but it requires a huge amount of kamas. Like 50k? In any case you can go putz around in an allied nation for a while. Nobody'll be lookin for ya there.

And I think I have a spare gobball cape tempacc. I'll get back to you when I get online.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 14, 2014, 04:42:54 pm »

I'll buy it off ye in average market price. I have monies from the kama minting.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #112 on: July 14, 2014, 04:48:24 pm »

Sounds good! I really don't know what that price is, so feel free to just give whatever. :P

And we only have the two designs, I'll probably just use frumple's in favor of getting the guild up so we can start coordinating vastly better.

---
Writing time!

So this time let's go over spells, as they're obviously rather central.

So, trees, divided by element, do have rather notable differences in most cases. In general any given build will focus on a single tree, maybe with a secondary tree once they've got their main tree sussed out. I'd say the vast majority of builds are dual elemental, because having a single tree both limits your flexibility and, if you're a dps build, limits the points you can put into the elemental stats without just saying "fuck it" and putting them wherever. Resistances become very important in the late game, and it's not terribly uncommon to find dual resistances on armor, so a dual stat build sort've just works out like that.

But! despite what you might be assuming by the designs of the class, there's actually quite a bit of variety. A dps feca is both possible and not terrible! It just fills a different role then, say, a dps Iop. Notably it is quite a bit more sturdy then the Iop, has more range, less damage, and can generally sort've act as a dps role in nasty situations that normal dps's would crumple under, and hopefully get things back under control. In this case it would be using the fire tree primarily, as that tree's focus is on damage, notably single target.

In comparison, there are support Fecas (using water+armors/glyphs), and tank fecas (using earth/armors). Sacriers, Fire tree is dps (self damaging, great damage, gets better as they lose health, a good way to turn a fight if the guy knows what he's doing), Wind tree is battlefield manipulation and mobility (notably they don't do a lot of damage with it but they have phenomenal range and can pull some neat tricks with it, compared to an air masqueraider for instance, who mostly does damage with it, and has battlefield manipulation on the side), and the earth tree is straight health tanking, which differs from feca, in that they can be healed (feca generally shouldn't be taking damage, and if they are they're in a death spiral), and they, again, gain damage as they lose health.

So, don't listen to nobody that tells you x class's y tree is bad because it doesn't do x. Generally, most classes do their roles well enough, in their own way, that they can be useful. I will say right now, the Sram class is a little cranked up, because they are currently awaiting a class revamp, when most of the other classes have already gotten them. Unless you just really really want to be a Sram, you might wait a it.   

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 14, 2014, 05:39:13 pm »

Think you could wait a bit? I got distracted planting things instead of heading to brakmar to check out the design thingie. I was going to post something related to that. Unless you've already done it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #114 on: July 14, 2014, 05:43:48 pm »

Nah, I haven't. I'll wait! I am getting on now though.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 14, 2014, 06:02:15 pm »

Third grey down in the left-most column didn't loo too dark (the second one down looked alright as well, its a bit lighter), and the gears look kinda cool since theres no pick. Dunno about a name though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #116 on: July 14, 2014, 06:06:29 pm »

That.... looks pretty good.

I'm torn. I'll use the name deadboat, and use Aklyon's symbol. Everyone okay with that? (mostly Frumple and Ak, but if you care do speak up!)

Guild'll be going up in ohhhhhh an hour or two one way or the other, because I doubt anyone will be too broken up. And getting it up would be a rather large boon.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 14, 2014, 06:31:36 pm »

So I decided to give this a try, so I'm playing a Sram on the Nox Server as Bulborbish.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 14, 2014, 06:33:15 pm »

... I'd prefer purple gears, of course, but m'not terribly invested and it'd do :P
Ask not!
Ask!

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #119 on: July 14, 2014, 06:37:58 pm »

Your purple will have to come from within your cannons.

Invites are picky! If you're on message me and I'll getcha invited.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 06:56:39 pm by Seriyu »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 28