Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 28

Author Topic: Wakfu - A very sad ogre. Now F2P! Sorta.  (Read 43570 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Wakfu - A very sad ogre. Now F2P! Sorta.
« Reply #135 on: July 15, 2014, 04:11:38 pm »

Haven't triggered backache cat off critter stuff. Trees, mining, fishing, yes. But not critters. Wouldn't be entirely surprised if it specifically excluded trapping stuff, or had some sort of cooldown or whatever after murdering something. If you want to test it, just do non-combat harvesting and go gather up a few hundred bottles of gobball slobber or somethin' without getting into a fight. If backache cat doesn't show up, you've probably got your answer.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 15, 2014, 04:49:45 pm »

So, ultra-newbie question: how do I put points into AP/MP/reach/... anything except Strength/Intelligence/Chance/Agility, HP, and initiative, basically? Are they only unlocked after a certain level or something? I tried Googling, but most of the results were for the slightly higher level question of where to put points.

And, uh, player name is slithyTove, if that's relevant, but I'm not settled on an actual character yet. :x

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 15, 2014, 04:52:25 pm »

I think they're unlocked after level 10 or if you skip the tutorial entirely. Also, my friend had an issue where the other stats weren't showing up at all, but it fixed when he relogged.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 15, 2014, 05:00:31 pm »

They showed up for me after I leveled up once in the real world (or as soon as you can if you skipped the tutorial), so I'd say Lv.6?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #139 on: July 15, 2014, 05:11:45 pm »

Ok, so I've managed to get somewhat into the game. At the moment I'm pondering what nation I should join.

Also, I've been planting trees for the past hour. Is this normal?

Nations bonuses! They're more then fairly minor, I'd say, there's a lot of nodes, and having a lot of nodes is very helpful to leveling up quickly. Higher level resources are also easier to locate.

So, nation crafting info!

Bonta - Trees! Trees feed primarily into craftsman (I think), and secondarily into weapon crafting skills.

Brakmar - Ore and gems! Ore feeds primarily into weapon crafting skills and probably secondarily feeds into craftsman, gems primarily feed into Jewelery and secondarily into craftsman (I think).

Suifokia - Fish! Feeds primarily into chef, I'd imagine. Unsure of a secondary use.

Ankama - Crops! Feeds primarily into chef, unsure of a secondary feed.

For the record, the difference between chef and baker is, baker has health restoratives and HP buffs, chef has all of the other buffs.

As Aklyon said the war will end eventually so if you're happy doing crafting you should probably pick a nation that involves a craft you enjoy. If push comes to shove I can get on my sacrier (something I may well do today) and run around with folks.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 15, 2014, 05:22:35 pm »

Ore also (tertiarily?) feeds into kama minting, though atm for me, thats not exactly a spectacular thing to focus on unless you have more than just iron. You can spend a lot of time getting iron and getting 5 kamas at a time, but its a timesink far beyond any other craft to try to brute force wealth through 5-kama minting. I'm plenty alright to make 100 kamas out of my iron supply to make it simpler to travel elsewhere, but past that, too much time. Its like trying to fillet the 300 fish frumple has/had.

Also Seriyu, I'd suggest linking to these mini-guides in the OP, perhaps? They're useful.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 05:27:54 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 15, 2014, 05:53:22 pm »

Would someone humor me and invite me into the guild?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 15, 2014, 06:35:24 pm »

Re: Fishing: It also apparently feeds into a lot of, well... incidentals, going by recipe checking stuff I've pulled up (admittedly not much -- my bot's only level 16 on fishing, which gives* sturgeon, bow meow fish,** and breadfish). You pull up stuff that makes armor, weapons, jewelry, non-chef consumables... it's definitely chef-primary, but it's got a lot of little stuff going pretty much everywhere.

*Along with the rare-ish appearance of muddy shoes (part of a fairly decent set of boots) and old pairs of underwear (three or four things, but the lowest underwear requirement one takes like 30 pairs, and they're not common.).
**These are complete arse to fish up in any meaningful number -- you can only get them with lures made from stuff harvested from living rat mobs, which, insofar as I've been able to tell, don't have seeds. I ended up depopulating the south east of astrub of sturgeon like twice instead of trying to get to bread fish level off bow meow ones. Three hundred freaking sturgeon.
Ask not!
Ask!

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 15, 2014, 07:15:53 pm »

Just for the record, I'm looking for certain special equipment that concerns my current summoner osamodas build, if anyone sees any equipment in this list in a market or being sold somewhere, please tell me :P

Jouik Krampe
Toadpeé
guardian amulet
Burning Heart Breastplate
Celestial Tofu Cloak
Kokotop
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #144 on: July 15, 2014, 10:09:12 pm »

So let's go over sacriers. Because I quite like sacriers so far.

Sacriers have access to fire, earth, and wind elements.

Fire is used for burst damage, it also damages them in the process, this is semi beneificial to sacriers, due to their whole angrr thing, and also seperates them from other dps roles because they can spike pretty hard in a bad situation!

Wind is used for board manipulation, along with some lighter damage. This is where sacriers really shine, and most sacriers will at least take and level some skill from this, because board manipulation on a meaningful scale is fairly rare, and sacriers do it notably well.

Earth is used for tanks. Sacriers tank through sheer meat, their shields are okay, and scale off max HP, and more importantly healing actually has a role for them. Feca's similarly need to work on their damage and survivability at the same time to make their shields work optimally, so sacriers have that sort've "pure tanking" edge.

Notable skills in all the trees are sacrier punch, which can pull you from up to a whopping 7 squares away in a linear range at max level and do some okay damage, motion sickness which causes damage whenever the sacrier moves an enemy (combine with assault for some surprisingly hefty damage!), judgement for pure comeback damage potential, and the rock throw move in earth for some MP sapping, and their only AoE/ranged attack that doesn't move the sacrier or enemy.

Stats for sacriers include...

Lock for tank builds
initiaitve for basically all of them (taking a turn before the enemy can be the difference between dying and crit judgementing an enemy to death from half health)
health for... again all of them, although you shouldn't go into it too heavy, even on tank builds
Kit skill, pass
Crit for offensive builds
dodge, pass, maybe a bit on tank builds, as you actually have some value at low HP if you took any fire skills and getting out of a mob could be handy
MP, definitely, all of the tier 5 skills use 1 MP, a lot of air skills use MP, it's a good point to take
AP, ehhhhh maybe, depends on gear, pretty sure the lowest skill is 2 AP and it can only be used twice per target/moves you, so AP sort've has to reach high breakpoints to be useful in a wide variety of situations
elemental stats, some for tanks, spread evenly, skip otherwise, maybe dump into intelligence if you're going pure fire damage build
Range, nope, doesn't boost any of your elemental skills, might have some limited usefulness if you use the relevant active class abilities (Sacrifice, Transposition, life transfer), a lot.
Block, some usefulness for tanks, generally if you take a lot of block, skip taking any HP. One or the other.

Abilities

Attraction - Has uses! It's more board manipulation, which is rarely a bad thing. Sort've something to consider on a per case basis.
Transposition - See above! Basically the same situation.
Sacrifice - Obvious applications for tanks. Grab it, take it to 9. Otherwise.... unlikely, but maybe. It's possible you could find a use for it, as sacriers tend to have a lot of HP.
Life transfer - Sort've supportey for sacrier, but again, might find some uses. On a by case basis. Note the last level doesn't appear to do anything, so.. yeah. Up to 8, stop.
Sanguine Armor - Tanks, max it. Not really worth it otherwise. Really only effects people that use the earth tree.

Angrr - Max, period.
Blood Pact - Probably max, definitely if you're a tank. More HP is never a bad thing. Max worthy, at least.
Moribund - Max! Sort've an extension to angrr.
Clinging to Life - ehhhhh maybe? Seems gimmicky to me. doubt it's worth it.
Tattooed blood - Max if tank. Something of an extension to Sanguine armor. Not worth it otherwise.

---

So there's a bit of my opinion on sacriers. Also I'll be hooking up my guides in the OP here fairly soon, so yeah. Keep an eye on that.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 16, 2014, 09:01:08 am »

Sacriers were always one of the most potent classes in the endgame, the problem is that they're vulnerable early so you either need a lot of patience or help to get to some decent levels.

Anyway, I managed to find a jouik krampe by luck while browsing random bags, but its critical that I find a gaurdian amulet soon, so if you see one tell me!
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 16, 2014, 01:41:54 pm »

War update:
Bonta: no fighting. Brakmar neutral.
Brakmar: Fighting Sufokia.
Sufokia: Still fighting Brakmar.
Amakna: Friends with everyone again.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 16, 2014, 01:50:36 pm »

Man, its really disappointing how they nerfed invisibility and Sram Air in general into near uselessness.

It's friggin terrible now.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 16, 2014, 02:31:42 pm »

I'm going to need a reinvite to the guild. I deleted my sacrier because I didn't really like them. Not my style. I'm on my Cra, Janet-Toaster, if anyone who can invite is on.

EDIT: War seems to have ended. Brakmar is now allies with Sufokia and Amakna.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 02:51:39 pm by Jack_Bread »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 16, 2014, 02:51:26 pm »

War's over, apparently. Brak just allied with purpleland.

Ruddy finally.

E: Also, I seem to have nearly 200 thistle seeds, if anyone, like. Wants some.
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 28