Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 28

Author Topic: Wakfu - A very sad ogre. Now F2P! Sorta.  (Read 43554 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Wakfu - A very sad ogre. Now F2P! Sorta.
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2014, 12:19:27 pm »

The wiki seems incredibly outdated. They list tin ore as being level 40 :P

Anyway my osamodas is about level 12 atm, if I find anyone online we could try the clans or the larval dungeon togheder.
Also, when I look at the politics screen, they mention that you need to be a subscriber to do certain things in a tooltip, except the site has no option to subscribe (that I could find at least) anymore?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 12:21:33 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2014, 12:25:52 pm »

pretty sure by subscribe they mean buy a booster pack or something

Also, Foggernaut was fun, but my favorite class still appears to be cra. They just have so much field control.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 12:28:15 pm by Kaitol »

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2014, 12:56:27 pm »

Have a level 16 Enutrof, sitting around on the newbie island.

I also do around 24 damage. My Drheller does a tiny bit too, but not a lot. Do rack up a bit of prospecting with my mines though.

Anybody wanna team up? I play on the international server.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2014, 01:22:46 pm »

With damage from dragon form I usualy do around 28 per turn, depending on circunstances. Still not sure if I should focus on becoming individualy strong with the dragon form related passives or become a multiple creature summoner.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2014, 01:30:26 pm »

I've been trying it. While the combat is very novel, I can see how things will develop into a grind, especially given how kind of annoying movement and interaction is. I spend all my time at a keyboard and mouse without any problems and 30 minutes of this gives me a twinge in the wrist. I could like it more if the controls were less mouse-orientated (it could do with having the option to WASD for movement), as well as somehow improving the ability to interact with objects (it is almost impossible to select action if you or the target is moving). Also suffers from that incomprehensible limitation of a single bind per action. I'll never understand what programmer or designer ever thinks that that is something to implement.

Other than that it's a very pretty game, interface-wise. Tooltips abound; I like that they "nest" in a way, that you can open a tooltip and then see/open tooltips on things referenced in that first tooltip, etc. Even for things that aren't necessarily abilities, like the icon that represents the Voodoll.

I started a Sadidas thinking I'll try a support-ish character but summoners seem kind of late-game-ish to me. I dumped however many points it takes to get 10 in Knowledge of Dolls for the extra control point, but this was probably a bad idea given that it takes two turns to summon a doll (seed then cast something on it) and they're not exactly robust creatures in the early game. Essentially requiring a lot of investment (Knowledge for CPs, Doll/Voodoll for lower casting costs of seeds, then whatever skill improving their health). I guess I could go with the Lone Sadidas skill instead, though in that case I may as well not hamstring myself and play a class that isn't a summoner.

Playing on Nox. Nickname is xueweqe; Sadidas is Giee, also a new Masqueraider Oeh. No nation yet.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 01:32:25 pm by Niveras »

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2014, 01:42:23 pm »

Currently on Nox with my Cra, Elfir Virgo. Just planting trees and crafting stuff to make a bow.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2014, 02:04:51 pm »

Also, seriously, 35 damage at level eleven? I'm barely squeaking out 24 damage with all my AP at level nineteen. Granted, I'm Eni, so I'm not supposed to be chugging out damage, but still.
To be fair, that 35 is with full stasisfied* going on a single target (which is something like a 50% damage bonus), which takes like 3-5 turns to ramp up. Base is low-mid twenties, something like 15-17 + 5-7 on the basic one-two punch, iirc. But every turn I maintain that on a single target sees the damage rise, which is nice, heh.

*Mind you, if that +10 level elemental spell bonus kicks in, it jumps up to like the 40-50 range, but that's silly anyway so eh.

Also yeah, joined nation thingy. The purple one, obviously. I don't actually know which one the purple one is, but one of them had a purple flag-whatsit and welp.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2014, 02:14:19 pm »

Purple is the fishing/air? country. You'll fish faster and get a few different enemy types and things from fishing. And I think your nation bonus will boost air more?

I think. Cow country is farming/earth?, tree country is, well, trees/water?, squid is fishing/air?, winged sword is mining/fire?.

TTHSK

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurked for a very long time
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2014, 03:33:57 pm »

I'm having a try, but it's a bit slow-paced animation wise for me so I'm getting a bit bored already (fights with lots of enemies are a drag). I'd like to try some group stuff though, so I'll probably give it a couple more days.

Character details: Mayyam - Xelor - Amakna - Nox

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2014, 03:49:27 pm »

Welp, if anyone want to play, my player name is amurika, osamodas named Maldahak on nox.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2014, 04:14:33 pm »

my player name is AklyonX, Osamodas named Aklyon on nox. Still sorta confused, but things are sorta working.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2014, 04:25:13 pm »

Yo, if anyone wants my help, just ask, most of the time I'm logged in I'm constantly running around harvesting and planting and killing for crafting stuff, so I'm probably never gonna volunteer myself.

If I don't respond I'm probably sitting in my haven bag selling junk.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2014, 04:40:32 pm »

My player name is JackBread, by the way. I will usually be playing on my Cra, Janet-Toaster(who is aligned with Sufokia), but that's mainly with my friends. My other character that I play solo is Theriogenology, a Sacrier of Brakmar.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2014, 04:56:37 pm »

Hate it when I spend several hours slowly bringing a whole big forest back, only to have someone come through while I'm fishing and clear cut the ENTIRE area.

Christ, at least leave like half for cuttings ya jerks.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2014, 05:12:41 pm »

Classes link Updated! Thank you Aklyon. And yes the wiki is super out of date. Wakfu Elements is probably your best bet for info at this point.

Added a bunch of people to the player list.

Annnd reminder that we're still looking for a guild name/background/icon/pair of colors. Colors will go on the guild uniform, which will provide a variety of boosts depending on how high the guild is leveled. You can look at the options at a guild-o-matic, which should be in your starting nation area, up on the ramparts. Just take a screenshot or somethin.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 28