Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28

Author Topic: Wakfu - A very sad ogre. Now F2P! Sorta.  (Read 43526 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Wakfu - A very sad ogre. Now F2P! Sorta.
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2014, 04:39:02 pm »

Will try. Will we have a Bay clan?

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2014, 05:00:48 pm »

Eventually. It needs either 10k kamas which I almost have mostly due to a random donation of 5k for no reason from some guy from outside my nation that was following me around and freakin me out, or a guildalogem. Maybe both.

If it takes both we'll be at it for a while.

Also I'm adding those people to the OP now.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2014, 05:08:30 pm »

I met naxza ingame, lets try to add eachother and maybe work togheder. I decided to stop being a rogue an make an air/fire based osamodas instead, so i got levels to get back :P
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2014, 05:22:52 pm »

Okay, added (does your new Osa have the same name, TempAcc?). Now it's time to add a brief blurb about builds/gear for anyone uninformed.

Gear in Wakfu is... a little odd. It doesn't add defense in the traditional sense (there's not even a defense stat! How about that.), although you might get HP/initiative/dodge/lock etc to help you out a bit. But what you're usually going for is the damage boosts. Ya see, most gear has elemental damage boosts on them. Most character builds will be based around X element. So I'm going for earth feca, for instance. So I want gear that boosts earth.

However, you may have seen some non mono element builds floating around. They're indeed very common and not a bad idea in the slightest! In those cases you're generally using one element for your primary offense. So for instance a fire/earth feca would be using fire for offense and earth to tank up. In those cases you want a set that boosts your primary offensive element, because outside of corner cases (Like the fire/earth feca, actually, I'll go over that some other time), armor doesn't boost effects on spells, only damage.

Incidentally, for stats, the offensive/defensive stats, str, int, chance, and agility, are actually more for defense then offense, and are generally not considered super good. Some super focused builds will just max those stats, but you're giving up a lot for that. And to be fair, some builds can make that work, for instance, air Iops are super focused on getting in something's face and smashing it up in a single turn, so going full agility for as much air damage as they can possibly get might be a good idea for them. But the vast majority of builds will prefer range/AP/MP points, as expensive as they are, instead. Initiative is required for PvP, at least 1v1 PvP (IE the kind of PvP for losers who plays 1v1 in a TBS seriously), so keep that in mind, and tanks (IE earth fecas), do quite like lock to keep any enemy that's stupid enough to try to kill you committed to the idea.

It's pretty simple and I'd be willing to bet most of you would figure it out fine on your own, but I figured I'd get it out there. Builds are actually very forgiving, so don't stress out about builds too much. There are optimals, but it really seems like, besides AP/MP/Range points, it's minmaxing. Passives are another story, but you can generally tell what will be good for what you're shooting for, there.

Incidentally, while I'm here, some good early sets are the gobball set, for earth/fire damage, and the tofu set, for water/wind damage. They all drop from those monsters, they're fairly low level, or can be crafted by armorers/weapon makers (while I'm here I'll just say most melee weapons are really powerful, especially early on, and due to how spell exp works it'll barely stunt your growth at all, so don't be afraid to swipe at an enemy with that weapon of yours if you end up in melee) out of the parts you get. Even earlier sets include varying colors of the piwi sets, but I generally find it less of a pain to just go straight to gobball/tofu. Adventurer set from bow meows doesn't give elemental damage, but is only three pieces and will give you a nice bit of wisdom, which will raise the amount of exp you get. Also some stats.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2014, 05:30:07 pm »

Is a pure healer viable?

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2014, 05:48:15 pm »

Yes, especially given that you can have two sidekicks to heal. Quite a few classes have healing abilities, but there is one main healer class as well.

Of course you might need a bit of help getting the free sidekick, quest is slightly hard to solo. Totally doable with good tactics, but I've done it with combat classes.

Also the healing class has two skill sets that have very little to do with healing and a lot to do with damaging/status effects. Because.

You also have an ability that swaps all damage and healing effects. So even your heal skill set can dish out raw damage.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 05:55:29 pm by Kaitol »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2014, 06:03:33 pm »

So how does teaming up work? Does this game have an overworld?

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2014, 06:08:29 pm »

You can team up with friends in groups of several people, altough there is an upper limit to how many people can join a given fight at the same time. In dofus it was 8 (i think), idk about wakfu. I'm not sure what you mean by an overworld, but yea there are more areas beyond astrub and etc.

How interesting that ankama decided to make builds less about boosting a certain stat and instead giving more importance to spells. This actualy makes my air/fire build thing more flexible then I imagined at first. I guess I'll really be playing an osamodas from now on, altough I still have to work out the details of capturing monsters with my gobgob. So far I have managed to capture a bow meow :P
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2014, 06:16:07 pm »

Mmhmm! To be fair I'm probably understating elemental stats a bit, but even maxed out you'd only be getting.... +125% offense and defense for and to that element? And you'd be using up all of your stat points, period. The defense is nice but it's a little specialized.

For reference my gobball set gives me like, 2/3rds that, some errant lock/initiative/HP and an extra AP for the full set, and it's a lowbie set. So it's really not a lot, even though it sounds like it.

Is a pure healer viable?

Very much so. It's not so useful for tank fecas (which are the only serious tank, from what I understand), because they mostly rely on their shields to absorb damage, but close combat classes like Iops that stack HP for survivability will love you.

And to be fair once anyone hit a decent level they still have several hundred HP, so "not so useful" is still really useful. And as Kaitol said, they do have damage/buff skills, so it's not like you're helpless.

Edit: I'm on now! Add Reiki if you see this and haven't added me.

Edit2: Annnd apologies to Naxza for ignoring him, I was afk. :P
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 07:51:36 pm by Seriyu »

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2014, 09:56:53 pm »

I've been playing an Air/Earth Cra some friends and I wanted to know, does Reach actually do anything? Destructive arrow shows that it's damage only goes up with Riddled, but it says nothing about Reach. Googling only brought me outdated wikis and one snippet of a forum post google didn't actually link to that says "I wonder when Ankama will realize that Reach is useless"

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2014, 10:21:42 pm »

Found a couple of posts.

Here.
Annnd here.

I have no experience with cras, so I unfortunately lack context. It looks like reach isn't the actual thing that boosts damage, it's riddled. Some guy mentioned reach was a way to prevent groups of cra from snowballing or something? So it doesn't do anything to help, it's a safety.

Again though, never played a cra, so I have no idea how all this flows!

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2014, 10:32:48 pm »

Oh, makes sense. How it goes is whenever you fire an arrow that can give reach/riddled(like Riddling Arrow or having the support that I can't recall the name of) you get a stack of Reach and the enemy gets a stack of Riddled. It seems likes its to stop from a bunch of Cra from hitting the same target to super stack Riddled to let one of them get off a super Destructive arrow. It only uses as much Riddled stacks for the bonus Destructive arrow damage as you have Reach stacks.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2014, 10:47:27 pm »

Aha! That would explain it then, certainly. Happy to help!

---

Annnd I have enough money for a guild. Name suggestions! This won't be super long winded so get them in now and I'll just sorta pick one I like. Feel free to add votes for or against current names, too, if there's overwhelming support for a name, we'll go for that.

We can also have an insignia. They're premade and you can view them at any guild-o-matic. Should be one somewhere in your nation's starting area, if they're anything like amakna. There's quite a variety, and we can pick backgrounds/colors as well. Colors will go on the guild uniform, and we'll need 5 people before the guild logo is displayed. There's also a bunch of hullaballoo about guild levels but we can worry about that later.

We can't change these things later.

Go nuts!

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2014, 11:02:56 pm »

...I died in the tutorial. I don't think I understand what I'm doing, really.

People talk about element stats, but I see the typical Strength, Intelligence, etc stuff and I don't know which of them to raise if, for example, I wanted to raise 'fire'. I don't have a 'fire' stat to raise.

This may all be entirely moot, but I have no idea if I'll get a free stat reset after the tutorial, so I didn't want to waste the points willy-nilly.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2014, 11:22:10 pm »

Hover over the stats, there should be tooltips. For example, Intelligence raises you fire damage and resistance. Also, there is a stat reset after the tutorial. I think there are a couple other ways to get a stat reset afterwards, but I can't remember at the moment
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28