Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 28

Author Topic: Wakfu - A very sad ogre. Now F2P! Sorta.  (Read 43544 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Wakfu - A very sad ogre. Now F2P! Sorta.
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2014, 05:29:28 pm »

Seriyu, you probably use less ? in the character list. Its full of ???
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2014, 05:33:32 pm »

Yeah, the ???'s are "I don't know that bit". I'm okay with the emotes. I can space it out if it's buggin people. :P

---

Stats! Probably the worst part of building a character. What goes where? To boot some of them are oddly named, making the job all the harder.

So, here we go.

HP - Health. Generally reserved for tanky sorts, although I'd imagine a little bit for survivability if you find yourself dying a lot might not be a terrible idea. Classes get different base values and growth rates.

Initiative - Increases the chance of going first. Initiative is calculated cumulatively, so, with your entire team. One low initiative score can bring the entire thing down. An important stat for PvP, less so for PvE. Still rarely a bad idea to sink a few points into.

dodge - One of those misleading names. dodge is the chance to not be locked; locked in place when you're moving away from an enemy, that is. I've rarely seen it reccomended, and any attack that pushes an enemy away invalidates it. Might be useful for PvP, although likely for group PvP rather then single PvP. Seems a poor idea unless you have a specific plan for it.

Lock - The competing stat for dodge. Lock increases your chance to lock enemies when they move away from you. Useful for tanks or people that in general want things close to them to stay close to them. Possible applications on melee classes, but it seems like you should probably be killing most enemies in a few turns anyway.

Kit Skill - decreases the level required to equip gear. Strictly a "put it in early to make leveling easier, restat it out later" deal. The whole "it's not useful once you're capped", issue.

Critical hits - Increases the critical hit chance for spells. Some spells do special stuff when they crit, some passives react on crits, crits can be very important! Generally a good stat for offense, particularly if you're using a non elementally oriented offense (Like stasis foggernauts) or trying for a triple element build and are not a tank class. Similarly if you have passives that react off your crits (some react off ally crits! Pay attention to the wording!).

Movement points - Increases your max movement points. Super expensive. Potentially very worth it. Play your class a bit and think "can I use this?" before you commit to the point investment.

Action points - Increases your max action points. See above.

Strength - Earth damage/resist up by .5%. Generally not the best choice for offense, although many tanks will raise this stat and it's other three siblings to raise their resists. NOTE: If you're raising all 4 of these? Pay attention to the costs. They jump around, say you put one point into strength, raising it to 2 from 1. It's cost is now 3. This is normal because it's the highest of the four. This is supposed to happen. Now, you put 1 point in the other 3. Now they all cost 3. Still normal. You put one point into strength again. THE OTHER COSTS WILL NOT HAVE UPDATED. So you want to put the single point into strength, confirm that point, then the costs will lower again. Take note!

Chance - Water damage/resist up by .5%. Generally not the best choice for offense, although many tanks will raise this stat and it's other three siblings to raise their resists. NOTE: If you're raising all 4 of these? Pay attention to the costs. They jump around, say you put one point into strength, raising it to 2 from 1. It's cost is now 3. This is normal because it's the highest of the four. This is supposed to happen. Now, you put 1 point in the other 3. Now they all cost 3. Still normal. You put one point into strength again. THE OTHER COSTS WILL NOT HAVE UPDATED. So you want to put the single point into strength, confirm that point, then the costs will lower again. Take note!

Agility - Wind damage/resist up by .5%. Generally not the best choice for offense, although many tanks will raise this stat and it's other three siblings to raise their resists. NOTE: If you're raising all 4 of these? Pay attention to the costs. They jump around, say you put one point into strength, raising it to 2 from 1. It's cost is now 3. This is normal because it's the highest of the four. This is supposed to happen. Now, you put 1 point in the other 3. Now they all cost 3. Still normal. You put one point into strength again. THE OTHER COSTS WILL NOT HAVE UPDATED. So you want to put the single point into strength, confirm that point, then the costs will lower again. Take note!

Intelligence - Fire damage/resist up by .5%. Generally not the best choice for offense, although many tanks will raise this stat and it's other three siblings to raise their resists. NOTE: If you're raising all 4 of these? Pay attention to the costs. They jump around, say you put one point into strength, raising it to 2 from 1. It's cost is now 3. This is normal because it's the highest of the four. This is supposed to happen. Now, you put 1 point in the other 3. Now they all cost 3. Still normal. You put one point into strength again. THE OTHER COSTS WILL NOT HAVE UPDATED. So you want to put the single point into strength, confirm that point, then the costs will lower again. Take note!

Range - Raises the range of long range skills by one. What qualifies as a long range skill is... vague at best. Can still be good. Not generally in the range of AP/MP point good, but still good. do your research and make sure the point will actually raise the range of the skill you want it to raise.

Block - Raises the chance to block an attack and lower the damage by 30%. Not generally an amazing stat to put points into, but not a bad attribute necessarily to have on gear. Sort've a defensive critical hit.

And that's that! Again, you can reset stats once a month after level 30, so don't stress too much.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2014, 05:44:58 pm »

Annnd reminder that we're still looking for a guild name/background/icon/pair of colors. Colors will go on the guild uniform, which will provide a variety of boosts depending on how high the guild is leveled. You can look at the options at a guild-o-matic, which should be in your starting nation area, up on the ramparts. Just take a screenshot or somethin.
All I can recommend is that purple is included in the colors, at least until the update server data is synced or whatev'. ah, back up.
Not sure about the name, though. Deadboats (That is, boats that have been murdered) would be a simple stealth callback to DF, if it's not already taken and something more explicit isn't desired. Also kinda' catchy, imo.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 13, 2014, 06:19:24 pm »

I see your Royal Purple Shovel, and raise you one Bloody Fist Striking the Earth

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

paint/tinypic kinda washed the colors out. Brighten both by a shade or two in your mind.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 13, 2014, 06:21:59 pm »

Can it be a pick instead of a shovel :P ? Anyway I'll find the guild making thing later and see if I can come up with anything.

Anyway, just did a clans dungeon run with two bay12 people. Many rats were seen, many bandits were whipped, many sheeps were kissed.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 13, 2014, 06:38:41 pm »

Would have totes went with a pick if that were an option. Shovel was the closest thing, unfortunately.

Will trade purple shovel vote for an anti-red&black vote, though. Red/black mix is waaaay overused :P
Ask not!
Ask!

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #81 on: July 13, 2014, 06:40:08 pm »

I will also pre-emptively veto red/black.

I honestly quite like frumple's suggestion! Vote still goin though.

Annnd yeah, no pick. I specfically checked for one when I made the initial post. :P

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 13, 2014, 06:52:17 pm »

Thats actually supposed to be stone gray, like I said something really fucked with the colors.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #83 on: July 13, 2014, 07:05:15 pm »

We'll see how it looks when I run through the suggestions in a day or two! Mostly kidding about the veto. :P

Edit: You are right though, all these greys are very dark.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 07:06:57 pm by Seriyu »

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 13, 2014, 07:13:50 pm »

Well there's that too. Blasted tinypic didn't help though by making it even darker.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 13, 2014, 07:51:41 pm »

I'd prefer darker-grey over too-light grey, but I suppose I'll have to be in game to see which one hasn't been accidentally sabotaged by the internet.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 13, 2014, 08:49:36 pm »

Two things learned: Critter levels seem more like suggestions than anything concrete -- I'm now fairly regularly squishing 30-40 level groups with my now level 20 frogbot (and stabbyfriend minion).

None of that matters when the enemy group is level 95. Gobbal warchief, gobbal, and assorted tiny annoying ones, no big. Two warchiefs, three gobbals, a gobbette, and a tiny... not going to try to solo that.
Ask not!
Ask!

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 13, 2014, 08:57:13 pm »

I've found hordes with dominant gobbals and warchiefs, it'd be nice to have a group for that :p
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #88 on: July 13, 2014, 08:58:20 pm »

Yeah, hordes are events that give you exp when completed, so it's definitely worth killing those guys! THey only take place in nations usually though, so you'll have to note who is in what nation. Or just ask.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 13, 2014, 09:06:23 pm »

Gwarble. Okay, so hoodlums. Don't attack them, apparently?

59th level whatever the hell, half my HP gone in one turn, nope, out! *gives up, dies*

E: In other news, while frogbot stasis is still kinda' opaque to me, it apparently has something to do with your elemental damage percentiles. What, exactly, I'm not entirely sure, but... something.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 09:11:00 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 28