Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 52

Author Topic: First Impressions .40.01 AND BEYOND! (Adventure Mode)  (Read 109376 times)

chaosgear

• Bay Watcher
  • Pants-on-head retarded
    • View Profile
Re: First Impressions .40.01 (Adventure Mode)
« Reply #105 on: July 08, 2014, 04:41:15 am »

its going to take a long time to get used to the new button for leaving the travel map also i wonder what the point of the stoable weapons are maybe if you think your arms are gonna get cut off you can put them away so you dont drop them

ah you stow your things because you need a free hand to climb
And to pick up stuff. People are also suspicious of anyone walking around with their weapon drawn.
I always seem to end up with a magnificent burial complex and nowhere near enough bodies to fill it, or far too many bodies and nowhere to put any of them.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 08, 2014, 04:44:09 am »

the incredibly slow 2 week wait means either things are much more generated with much more detail at that level then during world gen or toady messed something up and it shouldent take anywhere near that long
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 08, 2014, 04:46:33 am »

Alright, I finally found some goblins. Ran into two goblin patrols and lost about half of my soldiers. Found some towers however they were manned by goblin civilians so I just killed them easily. Here is a scene where my lasher tortured a goblin for information, hahah xD

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 08, 2014, 04:49:49 am »

were the other major releases as massively buggy at first as this one

99Hedgehog

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:USE_TILESET: UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 08, 2014, 04:50:38 am »

I tried to talk to my god and the game crashed.
[under a terrifying biome]
"Can you describe what the surface is like?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8ZqFlw6hYg

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 08, 2014, 04:51:25 am »

So... I started as an elf in a tree. Jumped out of the tree and broke my neck. Climbed back up the tree and shouted at a random peasant. He said some monster was attacking, and that was terrible. I told him it was great. Then I declared myself lord of this tree, and jumped out of it and died.

It was definitely an adventure, from start to finish.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 08, 2014, 04:54:06 am »

Some were completely unplayable. Like one where dwarves went to sleep and never woke up.

mineforce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 08, 2014, 04:58:36 am »

the incredibly slow 2 week wait means either things are much more generated with much more detail at that level then during world gen or toady messed something up and it shouldent take anywhere near that long

Ok everyone should read this. Toady already said earlier ago to play on the smaller world size setting until he does some optimization. With that size the two week thing ain't nearly as long as it is on a medium world.
Who's born in the fortress, die in the fortress

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 08, 2014, 05:00:33 am »

Some were completely unplayable. Like one where dwarves went to sleep and never woke up.

that does sound pretty unplayable also on an unrelated note heavy attacks are great for finishing off animals with thick hides there no use in proper combat because there so slow but when there unconcious or presumebly just very injured its very easy to take them down

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 08, 2014, 05:01:46 am »

Ok everyone should read this. Toady already said earlier ago to play on the smaller world size setting until he does some optimization. With that size the two week thing ain't nearly as long as it is on a medium world.

ok thanks ill do that everybody listen to this guy he is right the first world i gened was tiny and dident have this problem

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 08, 2014, 05:11:45 am »

i might be mistaken but i think i just walked into the house of a man who was killed by undead elves in the middle of the night im going to kite them outside and see what happens

DarezZerad

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 08, 2014, 05:18:09 am »

I don't know if it's supposed to work this way, but after learning there were some criminals in Harelovers, I traveled there. It was a proper city with a keep, so I went straight there. I stepped inside, and slaughtered the lord. However, his guards didn't turn hostile, and when I left the keep, the open air market people didn't attack me... I found it kinda weird. Is there something different about how hostilities work?

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 08, 2014, 05:20:57 am »

i might be mistaken but i think i just walked into the house of a man who was killed by undead elves in the middle of the night im going to kite them outside and see what happens

hm i had to go eat and now im back it seems theres a pikeman in this fight but all i see is a priest and some dead elves

edit the pikeman was fighting another one of them outside the house they came from me and the priest are fighting the other 2
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 05:39:17 am by tuypo1 »

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 08, 2014, 05:32:49 am »

Combat is amazing! It is still better than it was.

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 08, 2014, 05:39:58 am »

I'm talking to an unconscious goblin that I'm trying to get information out of and for some reason the game thinks I'm talking to myself because I'm also answering the questions that I'm questioning the goblin about. That's somewhat hilarious xD
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 52