Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 52

Author Topic: First Impressions .40.01 AND BEYOND! (Adventure Mode)  (Read 109678 times)

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
Re: First Impressions .40.01 (Adventure Mode)
« Reply #90 on: July 08, 2014, 03:56:03 am »

yes the lack of a proper quest log is frustrating i was expecting the opposite that i would be able to check the quest log to see what a were creatures weakness was
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 08, 2014, 03:58:06 am »

is it possible to grab a punch and the break the wrist that you grabed that would be pretty cool

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 08, 2014, 03:58:49 am »

So I started up the talk menu and saw the chance of talking with a deity. I selected it and the game crashed.

Fun times.  :P

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 08, 2014, 04:00:12 am »

loading screens are cool

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 08, 2014, 04:00:43 am »

I dunno what kind of military these human civs run, but I like them.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 08, 2014, 04:00:53 am »

While it is already clear that the new version is amazing in many ways, I find it gravely disappointing that all items in dwarf sites are of a larger than dwarf size, and not only the cabinets, literally every single piece of clothing and armor is large, this really should be pretty up there in the fixes for the upcoming patch, I was looking forward to actually having easier access to useful loot as a dwarf adventurer since forever and the present situation with dwarf sites makes 0 sense, the same likely applies to goblin sites.
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view_all_bug_page.php
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 08, 2014, 04:14:42 am »

its going to take a long time to get used to the new button for leaving the travel map also i wonder what the point of the stoable weapons are maybe if you think your arms are gonna get cut off you can put them away so you dont drop them

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 08, 2014, 04:17:22 am »

Got myself 10 soldiers from the castle I'm a hearth person in or whatever it's called and and am journeying to a dark fortress to reclaim the ruler's nephew. PREPARE FOR SLAUGHTER GOBLINS, I'M COMING!

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 08, 2014, 04:18:09 am »

they keep pointing me towards titans im not ready for that it seems they now direct you to the most dangoures beasts first

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 08, 2014, 04:18:21 am »

The hell. Started a dwarf, got mountainhome completely sealed. Fast-travel impossible. Retired. Started again. Stuck in the diorite wall with my own clone.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 08, 2014, 04:23:43 am »

...Yeah, so I've been wandering around these dark pits and I haven't seen a goblin in sight. These pits are just basically trenches in an X shape. Anyone know anything about these?

Zan Oltaridor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 08, 2014, 04:28:08 am »

I dunno what kind of military these human civs run, but I like them.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Maybe he was just playing with you? A little frolicking Troll Young that got drafted into the army, awwwww
This thread is why I love dwarf fortress. We start at engravings of wagons and end up using necromancy to raise them from the dead, and were-wagons.
I jumped off a ramp in a cave and exploded.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 08, 2014, 04:32:28 am »

While it is already clear that the new version is amazing in many ways, I find it gravely disappointing that all items in dwarf sites are of a larger than dwarf size, and not only the cabinets, literally every single piece of clothing and armor is large, this really should be pretty up there in the fixes for the upcoming patch, I was looking forward to actually having easier access to useful loot as a dwarf adventurer since forever and the present situation with dwarf sites makes 0 sense, the same likely applies to goblin sites.
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view_all_bug_page.php
I'm making a bug report for it now. I assume that's why you were linking the mantis page?

...Yeah, so I've been wandering around these dark pits and I haven't seen a goblin in sight. These pits are just basically trenches in an X shape. Anyone know anything about these?
Is the site called a goblin dark pit or just dark pit? If it's just "dark pit" it may be abandoned.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Lexyvil

• Bay Watcher
  • Serenading the folk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 08, 2014, 04:34:01 am »

I'm having difficulty trying to find a group of outlaws near a tomb even after saying to a NPC I'd go after them. I should have taken note of the group's name, it is kind of hard to handle things without an actual quest log, or maybe I'm not looking in the right place.

The new features are still pretty amazing though; I love the sprinting then jumping feature and all the new ways to converse.
My post ends here.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 08, 2014, 04:37:40 am »

its going to take a long time to get used to the new button for leaving the travel map also i wonder what the point of the stoable weapons are maybe if you think your arms are gonna get cut off you can put them away so you dont drop them

ah you stow your things because you need a free hand to climb

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 52