Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 52

Author Topic: First Impressions .40.01 AND BEYOND! (Adventure Mode)  (Read 109693 times)

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
Re: First Impressions .40.01 (Adventure Mode)
« Reply #120 on: July 08, 2014, 05:40:31 am »

i might be mistaken but i think i just walked into the house of a man who was killed by undead elves in the middle of the night im going to kite them outside and see what happens

hm i had to go eat and now im back it seems theres a pikeman in this fight but all i see is a priest and some dead elves

edit the pikeman was fighting another one of them outside the house they came from me and the priest are fighting the other 2

oh thank god i thought i was the last one alive in the area but i hear chatter in a nearby building

excelent i managed to coax some dwarfs out one is a hammerlord time to see this fancy new pulping
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 05:44:00 am by tuypo1 »
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #121 on: July 08, 2014, 05:40:56 am »

Spawned into what appears to be a revolution. A group of legendary soldiers and a noble of some kind are beating on "The holy coast". The soldiers are trying to get the noble out, but she's saying it's her fight too. Huh?

Edit: The shouting kicks the ambience up seventeen notches. And the conversation menu is so much bigger @_@

Edit2: Okay, the Exalted Fish seems to be leading something against The Holy Coast. This is the last civilisation in the world, and they have the troubles to match, wow.

Edit3: The Exalted Fish just beheaded The Holy Coast. We'll see what happens now, I guess.

Edit4: Now a crossbowman is talking about how the fragility of humans doesn't scare him, and how we must move past the pain of death. Gnarly, dude.

Edit5: A lasher is talking about returning from her patrol. I think I heard her coming.  :o
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 05:52:06 am by Arx »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

chaosgear

• Bay Watcher
  • Pants-on-head retarded
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 08, 2014, 05:50:38 am »

So I'm out climbing trees like a good little elf when I hear two peasants gossiping of an army marching toward the human civilization of Thunderbreaked. I'll be fed to a troll before I miss out on that, so I ask  them how to get there. Neither of them know, and tell me to ask someone more well-traveled. So I start walking towards the nearest human settlement. Surely they'll know.

On the road, I happen upon a human caravan. Perfect! Less walking for me! I  tell him about the  invasion and ask how to get there. He marks its location on my map and says it's impossible to reach from this region. The continent is seperated into halves by a massive lake with  a mountain range on each side, and the only way through is a single road on the other side of the region from me. I decide to sleep on it. Bogeymen make the decision for me.

Start again as a dwarf on the other end of the region,  closer to the one road. It's been a month since  the march on Thunderbreaked started, so it's probably over by now. I wander about the fortress, hopelessly lost, asking if anyone knows how Thunderbreaked is doing. I eventually reach the exit, greeted by a trading caravan at the depit!  I'm surprised to hear from them that the march is still happening. Are the rumors out of date, or is the march  really that slow? Either way, I need to get to Thunderbreaked.

I followed the  map east, towards the road, until I reached a human settlement. "You feel uneasy." Quite the warm welcome. A pikeman suddenly charged at me from behind a corner. I dodged out of the way, and asked that he lay down his arms. "Never!" Fine, if you won't lay down your arms, I'll take them from you. I drew my axe, dodged his jab, and lobbed off his arm. He screamed and passed out. I was still hoping for a surrender, so I patiently paced back and forth until he woke up and begged for mercy. Apparently  he was part of a gang that was in the process of terrorizing this town.  Farther down the street, I could hear peoples cries for help. Thunderbreaked can wait (hopefully), this town needs me now.

I am loving every second of this update, but I gotta be at work in four hours, so I should give sleep a try.
I always seem to end up with a magnificent burial complex and nowhere near enough bodies to fill it, or far too many bodies and nowhere to put any of them.

99Hedgehog

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:USE_TILESET: UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 08, 2014, 05:53:06 am »

I don't know if it's supposed to work this way, but after learning there were some criminals in Harelovers, I traveled there. It was a proper city with a keep, so I went straight there. I stepped inside, and slaughtered the lord. However, his guards didn't turn hostile, and when I left the keep, the open air market people didn't attack me... I found it kinda weird. Is there something different about how hostilities work?

People are no longer psychic. People only know if someone was killed if you told someone or they saw you do it.
[under a terrifying biome]
"Can you describe what the surface is like?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8ZqFlw6hYg

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 08, 2014, 05:54:30 am »

i might be mistaken but i think i just walked into the house of a man who was killed by undead elves in the middle of the night im going to kite them outside and see what happens

hm i had to go eat and now im back it seems theres a pikeman in this fight but all i see is a priest and some dead elves

edit the pikeman was fighting another one of them outside the house they came from me and the priest are fighting the other 2

oh thank god i thought i was the last one alive in the area but i hear chatter in a nearby building

excelent i managed to coax some dwarfs out one is a hammerlord time to see this fancy new pulping

hm i was struck down looking in the legends it would seem that it was an insurection necromancer must not have liked the goverment

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #125 on: July 08, 2014, 05:56:29 am »

Okay, one of these people is a vampire. Plots and intrigue!

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 08, 2014, 05:57:06 am »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #127 on: July 08, 2014, 06:00:04 am »

Ooh, I asked the Lady what I could do as her loyal hearthlady, and she told me to enjoy these times of peace but to be vigilant. According to the Exalted Fish, she's a good ruler but the vampire is also a ruler of some kind and he's not. He doesn't want to join a revolution. The thot plickens!

Phalgrin

• Bay Watcher
  • The mayor's mandate has "ended"
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 08, 2014, 06:05:32 am »

I went to do some elf-slaughtering at one of their treehouse sites, and often i would have my axedwarf chop at the neck. I got the usual "the severed part sails off in an arc!" message often, but when i look, i see only a mutilated corpse and a neck on the ground, no decapitated head as i was expecting.  ???

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 08, 2014, 06:06:30 am »

So, I accidentally somehow enabled tracking. Anybody knows how to turn it off?

Also, I snuck up on a hapless clothier as an Outsider, murdered him and stole some nice clothes (including, I shit you not, a SPIKED loincloth). And nobody will ever know, MWAHAHA!

E: Nevermind, tracks are [l]ook, then trac[k]
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 06:11:24 am by scrdest »
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Zan Oltaridor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 08, 2014, 06:16:25 am »

The crashes so far are a little bit frustrating. They happen often in conversations, but i have no means to complain. This is everything i hoped for and beyond, i absolutely love it, thank you so much Toady, you did a great job! :D

I started as a hearthperson, whatever that might be, in a town called Hopefulcurled on a rainy spring day. Its a small town, on the icy southern end of the map. The first thing im doing right now is going to the Eternal Sanctuary (The random name generator did good, the temple was founded over a 100 years ago by the Sect of Elders). The priest told me i should kill a dragon in the lustrous Hills for the glory of the Contigent Fellowship. Ill try it! First i need to find out the whereabouts of Uslot the dragon. I got directed to the well experienced traveller Noloc Homelyshins who currently rests in the Pepper of Doors, a tavern to the southeast. Ill pack all the things i need, say goodbye to the little kid i talked to earlier and head off southwards to see Noloc, exciting advendtures await me hopefully. Onward!

This is absolutely epic :D
This thread is why I love dwarf fortress. We start at engravings of wagons and end up using necromancy to raise them from the dead, and were-wagons.
I jumped off a ramp in a cave and exploded.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #131 on: July 08, 2014, 06:17:19 am »

The sneak system revamp is marvelous. I got ambushed by a goblin crossbowman, and then ambushed him in turn. He took forver to die, though. How many times do I have to chop into your neck?!

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 08, 2014, 06:17:50 am »

Just generated a small world. It ended on The Golden Age. Lets explore it.

BTW, small worlds the calendar pass a lot faster than medium worlds. Use them for a while.

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 08, 2014, 06:21:17 am »

Seems like I found a goblin residential area the exact same style as the one in a dev log few months back. Just entered a troll shearing pit. I wonder what !!FUN!! will happen in the next minute?

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 08, 2014, 06:25:38 am »

I and my half-peaceful half-braindead (Shouts "I will get my revenge!!!", but does nothing and bothers not following) elf companion encountered a goblin patrol that decimated my previous adventurer. Instead of putting decent fight, they panicked and run away in tears. Some actually tried to hid in trees - much to my amusement. Their leader, one hell of a runner, was the last to fall - and I needed to fast-travel three times to catch the bastard.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 52