Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 52

Author Topic: First Impressions .40.01 AND BEYOND! (Adventure Mode)  (Read 109450 times)

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
Re: First Impressions .40.01 (Adventure Mode)
« Reply #135 on: July 08, 2014, 06:30:15 am »

I snuck into a dark fortress in the night, I found three goblins including a lord all sleeping. They were all killed stealthily.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Zan Oltaridor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 08, 2014, 06:33:30 am »

I found Noloc. He doesnt seem like a particulalry brave person to be honest. While i found him in the Pepper of Doors he was talking to a rumor spreading child, and he was constantly terrified by the "horrors" of bandits and beasts he told him about. Well, off we go anyway, to slay the dragon Uslot in Tattoodeep! Onward!
This thread is why I love dwarf fortress. We start at engravings of wagons and end up using necromancy to raise them from the dead, and were-wagons.
I jumped off a ramp in a cave and exploded.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 08, 2014, 06:36:38 am »

i got sent to a lair on the other side of the map i took a guide with me but now that im here and the task is done i have no idea how to dismis him maybe if i take him home

im kinda disapointed toady decided to keep the unable to fast travel through mountains feature
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 08, 2014, 06:39:34 am »

also oh god im really thirsty and blood isent good enough any more and i also havent killed any wildlife to feed myself yet

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 08, 2014, 06:46:27 am »

I started as a human in a keep and noticed a deity standing in the room. Cool, let's say hello!

*game crashes*

I guess he wasn't very talkative.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 08, 2014, 06:48:04 am »

i got sent to a lair on the other side of the map i took a guide with me but now that im here and the task is done i have no idea how to dismis him maybe if i take him home

im kinda disapointed toady decided to keep the unable to fast travel through mountains feature
I spent a long time trying to hydrate by drinking my own tears.

Phalgrin

• Bay Watcher
  • The mayor's mandate has "ended"
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 08, 2014, 06:48:56 am »

I started as a human in a keep and noticed a deity standing in the room. Cool, let's say hello!

*game crashes*

I guess he wasn't very talkative.

Maybe he loathed small-talk so much that he would rather end the universe than engage in it

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 08, 2014, 06:49:38 am »

Maybe he loathed small-talk so much that he would rather end the universe than engage in it
Aspergio, god of social awkwardness.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 08, 2014, 06:50:02 am »

I spent a long time trying to hydrate by drinking my own tears.

i eventualy found a river and ate a goat im still trying to get rid of this guy he knows i killed the thing he was guiding me to i checked but i cant get rid of him

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 08, 2014, 06:51:31 am »

I slaughtered several goblins and got absolutely lost in their mazes. Started moving in direction of tower. A group of warrior goblins ran from nowhere and promptly killed me.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Zan Oltaridor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 08, 2014, 06:55:55 am »

After two very rainy days of travel i arrived at Bucklecreed, a significantly larger town than Hopefulcurled. I woke up in the tavern and im preparing to continue travelling but its incredible how much rain is falling down in this place.
I also saw a moving ASCII symbol while travelling, maybe it was an army or something?
This thread is why I love dwarf fortress. We start at engravings of wagons and end up using necromancy to raise them from the dead, and were-wagons.
I jumped off a ramp in a cave and exploded.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 08, 2014, 07:01:18 am »

After two very rainy days of travel i arrived at Bucklecreed, a significantly larger town than Hopefulcurled. I woke up in the tavern and im preparing to continue travelling but its incredible how much rain is falling down in this place.
I also saw a moving ASCII symbol while travelling, maybe it was an army or something?

Probably a patrol. If your companion gets lost, he appears as the similar symbol while trying to reunite with you.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 08, 2014, 07:03:23 am »

Aha, found out how to track. Use (Look) l and then press k.

ribby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 08, 2014, 07:05:55 am »

I took over the, castle? (haven't been outside yet) that I started in. A deity ignored me and then I tried to start a fight with a spearman. I claimed that I was the new ruler of the place, he said he would try to stop this by any means necessary. I asked him to help me seize control but he very politely refused.

Continuing the conversation, I realized that he didn't recognize me as he told me that someone with my name was trying to take control. I said this was terrific. Then I asked him the location of Xetan Thinproblems (aka me) and he said he didn't know. I didn't seem to be getting anywhere so I tried demanding that he give me his spear and also that he yield to me.

"Over my dead body" he shouted. But still didn't attack me. So I killed him. Chain attacks are so cool! Then a maceman came in and I told him what I had done. He didn't react. Then he saw the body, gave an outburst of grief but didn't attack me. So I attacked him and everyone ran away. Now it says that I have successfully claimed the castle in the name of Aftercheese, the big bad librarygroup of lilacs.

rumpel

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 08, 2014, 07:15:49 am »

Oh well. I was waking up in a dwarf fortress and suddenly goblins all over. I was trying to greet them and the game crashed. <3
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 52