Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Magitech Mechs  (Read 8746 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Magitech Mechs
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2014, 01:18:05 pm »

Question: When a card says "Discard 1 damaged and draw 1", what does it mean?
From what I see, damage cards go into discard anyways.

Hope I'm not too later, but have a nice trip either way.

Edit: And Zephyr say it's role is chains, but I don't see any chain cards in the Zephyr deck.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 01:20:44 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2014, 02:10:32 pm »

Question: When a card says "Discard 1 damaged and draw 1", what does it mean?
From what I see, damage cards go into discard anyways.

Hope I'm not too later, but have a nice trip either way.

Edit: And Zephyr say it's role is chains, but I don't see any chain cards in the Zephyr deck.

Trip was great fun, thank you!

When you gain Damage cards they go to your discard, yes. However, when you draw them later they gum up your hand and reduce your options for the round. Typically, that will happen after shuffling the deck, which you do when you run out of cards. You'll typically end up shuffling several times throughout the game. So Armor cards (which are the most common with that ability) let you get rid of one of the damage cards gumming up your hand and let you draw a potentially more useful card instead. Otherwise you can just discard the Damage card in the next Discard phase and hope you get a better hand next turn.

Wounds are nastier than Damage, since they go directly into your hand initially and can't be discarded normally during the Discard phase, which is why it's often beneficial to have someone Defend to soak damage instead of letting another player get a Wound because they can't defend.

Yeah, Zephyr is a Magic Defense frame. That was a copy/paste mistake. Fixed, now.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2014, 03:42:24 pm »

Double-post, since I want to keep this separate from Q&A stuff.

Here is the current set-up I have for everyone. Is this what we're going with?

Furtuka
Huntsmaster
Hunter
Emerald Star
Longstrider Upgrade 
Hunters Hawk

notquitethere
Doctor
Hammer
Foe Cleaver
Medical Kit
Impact Armour

EagleV
Onyx knight
Guardian
Hand of Destruction
Defensive Field
Magic Capacitors

Varee
Topaz knight
Centurion
Ancestral swords
Engineering kit
Etheric beacon

Once I have confirmation from everyone I'll get everything up and we'll get started.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2014, 04:11:31 pm »

Aye aye!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2014, 05:00:30 pm »

yep
It's FEF, not FEOF

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2014, 05:35:23 pm »

Yessir.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2014, 06:47:51 pm »

Look good :d
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2014, 11:47:56 am »

The four of you are members of the elite Royal Mechara Force, pledged to protect the Crown and Realm from all harm. As trusted agents of the crown, you have a great deal of flexibility in doing your duty and the authority to command most servants of the crown in order to fulfill your duties.

This morning you were summoned to the office of the Mechara General. He informs you that the neighboring country of Korloch has declared war, reigniting a centuries old dispute over the fertile Ilyss Valley that they claim is theirs by ancient right. Even worse, it seems that they had been magically masking a great build up of troops in the border region, and their initial assaults have already overwhelmed the border defenses and penetrated deep into your lands.

Go forth, and do what you can to aid our armies in pushing back this Invasion!

Story Card #1: The Refugees
You come across a group of refugees fleeing from the combat. They only had time to take a small amount of supplies with them, and are in desperate need basics like food and warm clothing.

Small Wealth Check: 4 Wealth needed to Succeed

This is a Non-Combat challenge. As a reminder, the order of actions for this is:

Discard - Players may discard any remaining cards in their hand (Except Wounds)
     Draw - Players draw back up to their hand limit (5 Cards)
      Armor Cards may be played during this phase to Discard Damage cards & Draw new ones. They are then returned to the player's hand.
      Repair & Heal cards may also be played at this time
      If a Player has ONLY Damage and/or Wound cards they are Defeated and cannot participate in the encounter
     Play Cards to meet the Challenge (Players are not required to play cards if they cannot succeed)
     Gain White/Black Token for Success/Failure

And, of course, please ask me if you have any questions.

Your Hands are in the OP and have been updated. I spoilered them for space reasons, but it's all public information and you're welcome to talk about everything openly.
Come play Mafia with us!

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2014, 01:34:28 pm »

I'm tempted to just discard all weaker cards, draw new ones, and try to pass the test with new weak ones we draw, so our hands are as strong as possible for the next challenge.
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2014, 02:38:05 pm »

Not a bad idea, Eagle. We don't have wounds so there's literally no chance of drawing anything worse than a one-point card, and if we all keep our strong cards, we should be well placed to beat the next challenge anyway.

Discard Pin and Strike.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2014, 02:50:28 pm »

Allrighty then.

Discard spark
*WHACK*

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2014, 06:30:53 pm »

Well i might be wrong but dont we need to do it with our current hand?

Non-Combat challenges are single-shot affairs, the players either succeed or fail with a given hand of cards. Success usually provides a White Story Token, and Failure a Black Story Token. There may be additional effects after the Success or Failure.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2014, 06:39:03 pm »

Well i might be wrong but dont we need to do it with our current hand?

Non-Combat challenges are single-shot affairs, the players either succeed or fail with a given hand of cards. Success usually provides a White Story Token, and Failure a Black Story Token. There may be additional effects after the Success or Failure.

You are given one Discard/Draw phase to get a good hand of cards for the challenge. But once you've made those decisions, you're stuck with whatever you have available.

This is in contrast with Combat challenges, which usually go through five or six hands at least before they are resolved.
Come play Mafia with us!

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2014, 12:26:28 am »

Well i got. Wealth 3 card so wrost case we can drop that

discard strike

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher