Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Magitech Mechs  (Read 8745 times)

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
Re: Magitech Mechs
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2014, 11:28:20 am »

I would, I guess, but I think Furtuka should get it.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2014, 11:31:24 am »

Just to clarify, the engi, flight etc is for non combat purpose only?

Yes. They basically give you an automatic success for certain non-combat challenges. Those decks do tend to have combat or general cards that also work to that theme, but the keyword itself isn't used in combat.

Ok, Furtuka will get the spot. darkpaladin I'll stick you in a replacement queue in case someone needs to drop out at some point.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2014, 11:34:24 am »

So when do we start deck building, also do i need to come up with back story too?
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2014, 11:41:06 am »

So when do we start deck building, also do i need to come up with back story too?

You guys can start deck building right now.

You get:
   1 Character Deck
   1 Frame Deck
   1 Weapon Deck
   2 Augment Decks

For a total of 40 cards. Just remember that each deck is unique, so if two of you want the same thing you'll have to decide amongst yourselves who gets it.

I also suggest coordinating so that you can collectively handle any type of challenge.

As far as backstory goes, you're welcome to. I don't have all that much figured out about the various characters yet, other than their skills and gender.

Well, Lady Fortuna has one. She's a world traveling adventurer used to being off on her own in dangerous situations, so she's specifically designed around balance.

Setting-wise, you're all Elite Knights in the service of the King. Most soldiers get enchanted weapons, but there are very few of the Magitech Mechs in existence. Each one is capable of taking on entire companies of enemy soldiers single-handedly. This makes you as a group incredibly formidable, but also rather big targets.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 11:45:24 am by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2014, 11:47:35 am »

I'm thinking of going.

Huntsmaster
Hunter
Emerald Star
Longstrider Upgrade and Hunters Hawk

You guys okay with that?
It's FEF, not FEOF

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2014, 12:14:59 pm »

Looks good to me. I'll go:
Doctor
Hammer
Foe Cleaver
Medical Kit
Impact Armour

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2014, 01:29:02 pm »

PTW. Is it alright if I waitlist/replace list?

Also, is this alright? If anyone wants some of these, of course, I'm not actually in yet, so you can have them instead.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2014, 02:14:46 pm »

I'm thinking of going.

Huntsmaster
Hunter
Emerald Star
Longstrider Upgrade and Hunters Hawk

You guys okay with that?

Looks good.
Notquitethere, having both Doctor and Medical kit feels a bit like a waste of a deck ability to me. I'd go for a stealth field, I think, for even more support power and because healers tend to be high-value targets. Not that there will be conscious targeting from our enemies, but still.
Of course, I might be completely misjudging stuff, and the large amount of healing is tempting, so feel free to keep doctor/medical kit if you want ;)

As we have sniper and support, and melee and ranged attack types, I think I'll go with tank/magic. How about:

Onyx knight, for some shiny AOE magic.
Guardian, for lots of defense, and less need for non-boost defense cards (discard 2 ability).
Hand of Destruction, to add more single-target magical to our attacks.
Defensive Field, so I can protect you guys better.
Magic Capacitors to get magic attack in overdrive. Should also work well with onyx's AOE.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2014, 02:50:04 pm »

Guardian, for lots of defense, and less need for non-boost defense cards (discard 2 ability).

This made me realize that I never wrote down what the Defend ability does.

Defend - Defend cards can be played to take an attack meant for another player yourself. When doing so, you gain 1 Defense from the Defend ability in addition to any defensive stats the card already possesses.

The Guardian is specifically designed to step in and take attacks meant for other players. This is most advantageous when the other player has no defense cards at all they can play, since they'd take a Wound instead of damage cards. Wounds are a good bit nastier, since they go directly to your hand and stick around until at least the end of the combat (medic cards can remove them). Damage cards don't show up for a bit, since they get added to your discard, and Armor cards let you get them out of your hand. It is usually better for one person to take 3 Damage than another to take 1 Wound.
Come play Mafia with us!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2014, 05:25:33 pm »

Notquitethere, having both Doctor and Medical kit feels a bit like a waste of a deck ability to me. I'd go for a stealth field, I think, for even more support power and because healers tend to be high-value targets. Not that there will be conscious targeting from our enemies, but still.
Of course, I might be completely misjudging stuff, and the large amount of healing is tempting, so feel free to keep doctor/medical kit if you want ;)
Tempting as it is to go stealthy and broaden my range of strategies, as this is a playtest, I wanted to push one particular element to a straining point by making it that I can always heal wounds. The aim is to play and enjoy the game, but also to be helpful to Meph and see if it can be broken.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2014, 05:34:17 pm »

Tempting as it is to go stealthy and broaden my range of strategies, as this is a playtest, I wanted to push one particular element to a straining point by making it that I can always heal wounds. The aim is to play and enjoy the game, but also to be helpful to Meph and see if it can be broken.
Ah, right, that makes sense, sorry.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2014, 06:06:25 pm »

Ah, right, that makes sense, sorry.
I appreciated the suggestion, nothing to apologise about.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2014, 06:21:47 pm »

Topaz knight
Centurion

Ancestral swords
Engineering kit
Etheric beacon

Well i will got for a mix role, dont know how well it will work though
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2014, 06:28:00 pm »

Yep I'd like to join this when possible.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2014, 09:04:12 am »

Lots of interest in the game! If this one goes well I can see about running a 6 player version next so more people can play.

In the meantime, I'm going to be heading out on a camping trip in about 4 hours and won't really be back until next Tuesday, so if you guys have any questions you need answered to finalize your deck picks let me know.

Otherwise, we'll get the game started in earnest next week.
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11