Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17

Author Topic: Dwarven Metropolitan Area. A DF-assisted forum RPG.  (Read 17732 times)

Hahayeah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Metropolitan Area. A DF-assisted forum RPG.
« Reply #120 on: August 02, 2014, 08:51:25 am »

Well, Armorsmith I see, I'm sure i'll be making my own armor in the near future once I get a few bars and other stuff. Seeing the owned stuff people have, I'll have to bargain my way into getting the bars or earn them. Anyway, Would it be possible to get a miner to dig out a forge for me as i'll be needing it to make armor and other metal related things?

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 02, 2014, 09:22:39 am »

My turn will be spent making the forge and whatever it is I need to make fuel for it or whatever. Then producing some fuel, don't have much metal so I guess I should wait til I know who is better at making armor and how rp goes to decide who can use my bars for that. Any spare time can be spent doing odd jobs. Would like to make a sword but I can't for the life of me find how many bars that will cost me, and just making the forge will cost me.

If Erlof was active I would try to trade for his marble so I could save on metal.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 09:37:19 am by Cain12 »

kero42

• Bay Watcher
  • Das sind mir unbekannte Blumen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 02, 2014, 09:40:39 am »

I suppose I'll make bone crafts from the goat to sell to the merchants.
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 02, 2014, 01:35:54 pm »

I am here now.  Are we doing bi yearly meetings?  Can you add my chart to the influence OP http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae229/happyhobo2000/InfluenceDFRPG-2.png ?

Trade- Accepting

Well, Armorsmith I see, I'm sure i'll be making my own armor in the near future once I get a few bars and other stuff. Seeing the owned stuff people have, I'll have to bargain my way into getting the bars or earn them. Anyway, Would it be possible to get a miner to dig out a forge for me as i'll be needing it to make armor and other metal related things?

I will dig it out for you, in return for a helmet of iron or better.

Trade- asking for

I would like a way to use my mining and my gemmaking to gain 7 wood of the same type please.

To the overseer

I would like to dig out 5 connected 4x4 rooms, with the connection running along the top..  The first will be my office, the next one will be my jewler, the next one will be my gem stockpile, then bedroom, then my tomb.  Have to start making end of life preperations now.  I know I don't have any materials to fill them up.  Place as is convenient, but put under the protection of the fort ( so connecting to the main fort, can be further underground, but please don't fill my house with aquifer water).  I'll add rooms for my kids later.  This will probably end up being my personal palace, so please place conveniently for the long term!

After this, I would like to give my labors to the overseer so long as he doesn't try to kill me.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 01:43:52 pm by RabidAnubis »
Dwarf Fortress: Your game is working on giving NPC's lives. Our game is working on giving them a working nervous system.
Aahhh I can't find the fish cakes in the bunny level, they keep getting enraged and I don't have any holy hand grenades
The Age of Myth: Goldenhold

Hahayeah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 02, 2014, 01:53:03 pm »

Yeah sure, Helmet of Iron it is. I got Cain to let me borrow his forge in case I want to use it for metalsmithing and armorsmithing. So once rabid digs out the forge, I'd like if someone gave me iron bars or ore. I still have no bedroom so i'll have to sleep on the hard ground.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 02:05:01 pm by Hahayeah »

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 02, 2014, 04:11:48 pm »

Yeah sure, Helmet of Iron it is. I got Cain to let me borrow his forge in case I want to use it for metalsmithing and armorsmithing. So once rabid digs out the forge, I'd like if someone gave me iron bars or ore. I still have no bedroom so i'll have to sleep on the hard ground.
To be accurate I offered to arrange to let you use it, I will of course have my own terms. Also since Zargoth died you can probaly take her room.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 02, 2014, 09:17:20 pm »

I guess I should peek in here to say Neblime will still be a peasant, and I'll be starting a new season soon.
I still have no bedroom so i'll have to sleep on the hard ground.
there are communal bedrooms in the hovel, enough for everyone.
I am here now.  Are we doing bi yearly meetings?  Can you add my chart to the influence OP http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae229/happyhobo2000/InfluenceDFRPG-
i'll ask tele to add it, meetings are seasonal.

Who's doing what:
Neblime, Teledwarf, Elorf: peasant work
Keroe: Make bone crafts
Rigor: sorry but you still can't collect any clay until you acquire some firesafe stone, attempting to dig underpass under the river.
Cain:Making forge, (for fuel you'll need a wood furnace for charcoal or a smelter for making coal into coke, either of which would also require an iron bar or other fire safe material.  do you want to use an iron bar?)
Raziel:beg for iron bars.
Kalkor:dig out personal rooms (no problem to add them to the current hovel, but do you want to wait until the aquifer is pierced?)

« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 09:26:00 pm by neblime »
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 03, 2014, 03:58:36 am »

Will use an iron bar since I don't see any actives to give me anything, will go with a wood furnace.

Edit:Or I harvest like 1/whatever clay or something, clay is fire safe right? If not then I will just go with the bar.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 04:10:31 am by Cain12 »

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 03, 2014, 04:56:33 am »

Edit:Or I harvest like 1/whatever clay or something, clay is fire safe right? If not then I will just go with the bar.
again, we need a fire safe block to build a kiln to order collection of clay, and no one is willing to commit one to that purpose as yet (also i think you might have to turn the clay into a brick to use it for that.. not sure)
rabidanubis i still want to know if you want to wait for the aquifer for your rooms before i start
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 03, 2014, 08:09:24 am »

Yeah pierce the aquifer first.  It's for the good of the fortress.

(EDIT: Could you add a picture of the current fort at the end of your next entry?)
Dwarf Fortress: Your game is working on giving NPC's lives. Our game is working on giving them a working nervous system.
Aahhh I can't find the fish cakes in the bunny level, they keep getting enraged and I don't have any holy hand grenades
The Age of Myth: Goldenhold

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
  • [SANITY:OPTIONAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 03, 2014, 09:02:44 am »

On that note feel free to put me to work on piercing the aquifer.
"I was chopping off little bits of 'im till he talked, startin' at the toes."
"You probably should have stopped sometime before his eyes."

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 03, 2014, 05:10:10 pm »

Diary of Neblime Zanegthad 1st moonstone 100
Work still goes painfully slow, so I was glad to hear that some more migrants had arrived.
We gained four farmers of various low level skills, one ranger and three children.
At some point one of our other farmers decided all those bones were just begging to be made into something
Spoiler: value 4800 (click to show/hide)
Rigor completed an underpass under the river.  what use that is is questionable as the water is shallow enough for any creature to cross it
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Still maybe one day we can deepen the river...
At last the merchants from the mountainhomes arrive.  Keroe seems intent on trading with them.
work on the aquifer continues.  We have pierced one level, who knows how many remain (at least 1), and bedrooms are required for all these migrants to avoid unrest.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 03, 2014, 05:17:04 pm »

Neblime will remain a peasant for this season (i'm thinking I'll just do that the whole time i'm overseer)
On that note, when we vote for overseer does everyone get 1 vote or is it based on influence? (more of a question for tele but since he's not around what do you guys think?  I prefer influence I think.)

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
  • [SANITY:OPTIONAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 03, 2014, 07:16:34 pm »

Just dig away until I get a fire safe stone. Don't particularily care what I dig at this point.

I have no issue with influence but I would prefer something along the lines of 0 being 0 votes, 1-10 being 1, 11-20 being 2 .... and so on. The specifics of such a thing being arbitrary. Ie, I don't care if you want 1-20 to be 1, and then 21-30 to be 2 and 31-40 to be 3 or 21-40 being 2.
"I was chopping off little bits of 'im till he talked, startin' at the toes."
"You probably should have stopped sometime before his eyes."

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 03, 2014, 09:09:27 pm »

Just dig away until I get a fire safe stone. Don't particularily care what I dig at this point.
well in that case i'll use you for the aquifer as well, as that's how we're going to get any firesafe stone.

I have no issue with influence but I would prefer something along the lines of 0 being 0 votes, 1-10 being 1, 11-20 being 2 .... and so on. The specifics of such a thing being arbitrary. Ie, I don't care if you want 1-20 to be 1, and then 21-30 to be 2 and 31-40 to be 3 or 21-40 being 2.
yeah well how about every 10 is 1 vote?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17