Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17

Author Topic: Dwarven Metropolitan Area. A DF-assisted forum RPG.  (Read 17731 times)

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Metropolitan Area. A DF-assisted forum RPG.
« Reply #135 on: August 04, 2014, 10:18:19 am »

Sounds about right, will just do menial work for now.

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 04, 2014, 02:07:59 pm »

Continue my previous order.  Thanks.
Dwarf Fortress: Your game is working on giving NPC's lives. Our game is working on giving them a working nervous system.
Aahhh I can't find the fish cakes in the bunny level, they keep getting enraged and I don't have any holy hand grenades
The Age of Myth: Goldenhold

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 05, 2014, 03:31:35 am »

ok i'll be starting next season soon.  normally I might wait longer for people to decide what to do (those who haven't will default to peasant labour) but really nothing much is happening until we pierce the aquifer
edit-might just pm kero and give him one last chance since he actually has stuff to trade
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 03:39:05 am by neblime »
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Elorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody expects the Bearded Inquisition!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 05, 2014, 09:58:31 am »

Hey guys, I'm back from absence and it looks like I'm late for the party. Ah well, I'll check what has happened and post my turn soonish.

ok i'll be starting next season soon.  normally I might wait longer for people to decide what to do (those who haven't will default to peasant labour) but really nothing much is happening until we pierce the aquifer
edit-might just pm kero and give him one last chance since he actually has stuff to trade
I don't think I have anything to trade, so no need to wait for me if the traders haven't left already.

Edit: Alright, for the moment I want to build a temporary mason's workshop near our settlement with one of my marble rocks. After that I want to make 30 rock blocks, 6 doors and 3 statues made with stone we mined out not with marble. That is, if the rocks aren't owned by anyone.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 10:26:04 am by Elorf »

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 05, 2014, 12:11:10 pm »

I may be busy/not in the mood to play soon. I will update ya on if that is the case. Personal reasons.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 05, 2014, 08:18:39 pm »

ok got word from kero i'll be doing winter later today.
Alright, for the moment I want to build a temporary mason's workshop near our settlement with one of my marble rocks. After that I want to make 30 rock blocks, 6 doors and 3 statues made with stone we mined out not with marble. That is, if the rocks aren't owned by anyone.
no STONE mined out at all yet, we haven't breached the aquifer.  hope to do so soon though!
I may be busy/not in the mood to play soon. I will update ya on if that is the case. Personal reasons.
ok cain i'll keep you on peasant stuff and try not to get you killed
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
  • [SANITY:OPTIONAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 05, 2014, 09:23:44 pm »

Did we ever decide how stone/mineral ownership fell? Does it belong to the fort or the miner?
"I was chopping off little bits of 'im till he talked, startin' at the toes."
"You probably should have stopped sometime before his eyes."

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 05, 2014, 11:15:43 pm »

Did we ever decide how stone/mineral ownership fell? Does it belong to the fort or the miner?

I think it should belong to the miner, but it should be up to the overseer how to track it (weather credits or dumps or other things)
Dwarf Fortress: Your game is working on giving NPC's lives. Our game is working on giving them a working nervous system.
Aahhh I can't find the fish cakes in the bunny level, they keep getting enraged and I don't have any holy hand grenades

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 06, 2014, 12:02:39 am »

the miner except in cases of a miner working as a peasant and for some reason the fortress needs to mine out something to survive (I suppose the first stones below the aquifer will be communally owned but other than that I intend to focus my efforts on the hovel for any communal/basic needs)
I don't think i'll need to use dumping because you also own the space that you mine out, so I just need to mark who owns it with a burrow (as I have done for cain's room already) and forbid the stone and it should be fine

Elorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody expects the Bearded Inquisition!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 06, 2014, 04:29:24 am »

The first 20 stones could be communally owned, so we can at least get some stuff up.

On unrelated note, can people who missed the season meeting still support traditions? Or do we have to wait for the next meeting?

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 06, 2014, 07:36:18 am »

wait until the next meeting.  won't be long i promise!

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 06, 2014, 08:09:14 am »

Thank you for your hard work neblime!  :)

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 06, 2014, 07:10:24 pm »

Diary of Neblime Zangethad, 1st granite 101
I believe our first year has been quite succesful judging by the low body count (only one so far!)
Keroe graciously traded his hard earned goat bone crafts to the merchants for some booze for all of us!  I had hoped to get a breeding pair of dogs, but this is helpful nonetheless.  I thank him for his contribution.
There are setbacks however
Spoiler: oops (click to show/hide)
well, there goes most of our military equipment (sorry tele!, but seriously sal I don't know why you weren't holding your pick at that time.  luckily we have a communal copper one you can use) with the loss of zargoth as well I fear for our future safety.
But at last, the aquifer is pierced!  perhaps we can make good on this loss yet
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(The tetrahedrite and hematite are on another level i accidentally flooded, but don't worry the peasants will unflood that level as their next task.)
Kalkor tried to dig out some kind of palace for himself but sadly met the aquifer
(do you want me to just angle the last room off to the north or south, or make a fresh start somewhere else?  also you own those sapphires in the picture now :D)
It is time for the meeting. Will I oversee this settlement any longer?
Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 06, 2014, 08:13:18 pm »

Alright everyone, as you know my term as overseer has expired and it is time to elect a new one.
I nominate myself for reelection, I have guided this settlement through one year safely, why not leave the day to day business of the palce to me, while you pursue your own goals?
Votes so far: 1
Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
Also if there is any of the other usual business for this meeting please state it.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 08:17:22 pm by neblime »

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 06, 2014, 09:51:16 pm »

Supporting Neblime for Overseer, not sure I trust the rest of you to run things.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17