Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What style do you prefer?

Silly
- 21 (28.8%)
Grimdark, "war is hell"
- 24 (32.9%)
Romance (Note: not actually going to write this)
- 28 (38.4%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24

Author Topic: You Are Soviet Nuclear Cavalry: It's alive!  (Read 30350 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: You Are Soviet Nuclear Cavalry: It's alive!
« Reply #240 on: November 22, 2015, 03:15:55 am »

Equipment check: unload the pistol, lock the slider and try to fire it empty; test the edge of the sword; call a test signal with the radio; play a short tune on the cornet; wear the hat and try to dazzle Polevoy.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 22, 2015, 06:06:53 am »

I facepalm at the blind heroism my underlings are showing. People, you don't become a world-class ballet dancer Hero Of The Soviet Union by risking your ass like this...

You know, you guys don't have to post actions right away, you're allowed to discuss what you're going to do first. :p

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 22, 2015, 10:25:22 am »

Oh no, I wish to cultivate initiative and the will to self-sacrifice in my subordinates. The more they have those, the less I have to do.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 22, 2015, 10:32:33 am »

Imma goin' to commissar-slap you with my Mauser and you'll have all the will to sacrifice yourself you'll ever need 8)
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 25, 2015, 05:58:21 am »

Helgo, you might want to issue orders for USEC_Officer

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 25, 2015, 09:19:36 am »

Oh, he's doing what I does, naturally. He knows better than to stay behind while his commander advances: The Germans kill you three out of ten times, but the Commissariat is not so ineffective.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 25, 2015, 11:16:48 pm »

Nikifor Sokoloff is indeed lending his full support to Captain Oleg Vasiliev's endeavours. He shall quietly advance in tandem with the Captain to provide covering fire once Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz is discovered if needed.

((Guess who forgot to set notifications for this thread? I'm really, really sorry about this.))

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 01, 2015, 12:11:33 pm »

Вы - Советская Атомная Кавалерия, Ход десять: Не разделить партию!

Behind the Nazi Lines
May 8th, 1943, 3:00

Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz: It is still dark as you put on the bloody uniform and start riding toward the enemy camp,, your many weapons making on hell of a noise. [6] The camp seems in complete disarray as troopers do their best to avoid the angry nuclear horse wrecking amock inside the camp. Sentries are too busy dying of radiation poisoning to notice you. You try to think of a way to get the horse when a hand slap on your shoulder. As small man with a Captain's uniform and a mustache like an overgrown rat face you. Two scared-looking soldiers stand behind him.

Robię prace murarskie nie drogie. Także ukraść pracy z innymi ludźmi.

In Kursk
May 8th 22:00

The NKVD officer enters the office.

"Doctor Sergarrski here warned me that some enemies of the people might be impersonating members of a top secret scientific mission. Under the circumstance, I must check your orders."

Of course, you have no such things as written orders.

Spoiler: Nazi Map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Piece of Paper (click to show/hide)

Code: [Select]
Breed:Warhorse
HP:12/12
+2 to damage rolls
-1 to riding rolls

Feral Nuclear Horse

Code: (Claw Marx) [Select]
Breed:Thoroughbred
HP:6/10
+1 to speed
Spewing Radioactive Steam

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 01, 2015, 12:29:04 pm »

The NKVD officer enters the office.
"Doctor Sergarrski here warned me that some enemies of the people might be impersonating members of a top secret scientific mission. Under the circumstance, I must check your orders."

((Que IcyTea using his superior command skills))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 01, 2015, 01:28:39 pm »

((...Did you google translate that polich phrase? It's come off as awkward and is illegible. Oh well!))
"No szefie, no jest taka sytuacja, panie kapitanie, że no tak więc jest jak pan widzi, jaki koń jest każdy widzi. Nie no, panie majorze, tak być nie może, no, ale, no, wiecie, no. Takie życie, hehe. Teraz wrócę do namiotu, dobrze? Panie pułkowniku?"

((Which translates roughly to "Captain, well, you know how it is, just like you can see, how a horse behaves everyone can see*. Sir, Major, sir, it can't be like this, uh, but, uh, it is. Uh. That's life for you, hehe. Now I shall return back to my tent, alright? Sir, colonel, sir?"))

I salute him multiple times while incoherently saying the above to him. Then I shall salute him one final time, bow deeply and walk past and into the nearest tent. If he insists on me capturing the horse, I shall reluctantly agree and then majestically jump on the nuclear steed and instantly tame it with my righteous glory.

You Are Nuclear Sionist Bear is not scheduled until late 2015, sorry.
((I feel cheated, Sheb. Where is the bear game?))
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 12:16:31 pm by SaberToothTiger »
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 01, 2015, 01:55:03 pm »

"Top secret, you said it yourself. Unless you can prove your clearance, I'm afraid they will have to remain secret."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 02, 2015, 02:05:48 am »

I hold fire, and wait and see how our Comrade will react to the pickle he's gotten himself into.
The Bay12 postcard club

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 02, 2015, 03:17:42 am »

I just inserted gibberish, the actual meaning is in an acronym tag.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 02, 2015, 09:25:55 am »

Following the brave and courageous example of his Captain, Nikifor Sokoloff is going to stay put and do nothing as well.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 02, 2015, 10:06:44 am »

We're not doing nothing, we're tactically holding fire to conduct further observations! Comrade, phrasing is very, very important in capturing the essence of one's actions. I wouldn't be where I am today if I had ever retreated - all I ever did was advance in unconventional directions.
The Bay12 postcard club
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24