Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What style do you prefer?

Silly
- 21 (28.8%)
Grimdark, "war is hell"
- 24 (32.9%)
Romance (Note: not actually going to write this)
- 28 (38.4%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24

Author Topic: You Are Soviet Nuclear Cavalry: It's alive!  (Read 30349 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: You Are Soviet Nuclear Cavalry: It's alive!
« Reply #225 on: November 11, 2015, 10:46:40 am »

I feel a strange  pressure in my pants.

Might I suggest bloodletting as a simple and efficient way to get your pressure down?

Also, Sheb, if you're sticking with grimdark style of narration for this, put me on the waitlist:

Name: Vasily Ignatievich Polevoy
Nationality: Russian
Previous unit: 226th Zemlyanskaya Infantry Division of Russian Imperial Army, last deployed spring 1915, in Osowiec
Spoiler: Picture (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 11:58:45 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 20, 2015, 02:18:03 pm »

Ok, BFEL doesn't want in, and I haven't heard from smurfingtonthethird. Comrade, you're in. I just need someone else to sign up for the last post. Any waitlister want to join in?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 20, 2015, 02:32:16 pm »

Woooo! Let's do this.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 20, 2015, 02:41:30 pm »

I would like to join. I might want a change of character, though, if that's okay?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 20, 2015, 03:00:11 pm »

Sure, just post your new character sheet (or take one of the abandonned character otherwise).

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 20, 2015, 06:27:55 pm »

HYPEHYPEHYPE!
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 21, 2015, 02:35:15 am »

While the NRNU worked on taming nuclear energy, another secret research facility worked on Plan C: cloning. While the Workers' and Peasants' Red Army often has the advantage of numbers and need not be cloned, Comrade Stalin and other such great men deserve the gift of immortality. As an experiment, one of the, if not the greatest commander of Old Russia was reincarnated and shown the light of the Revolution. It just might have worked, though the Imperial slogans shouted by him sometimes raise suspicion...

Spoiler: Mikhail Kutuzov (click to show/hide)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 21, 2015, 03:42:22 am »

While the NRNU worked on taming nuclear energy, another secret research facility worked on Plan C: cloning. While the Workers' and Peasants' Red Army often has the advantage of numbers and need not be cloned, Comrade Stalin and other such great men deserve the gift of immortality. As an experiment, one of the, if not the greatest commander of Old Russia was reincarnated and shown the light of the Revolution. It just might have worked, though the Imperial slogans shouted by him sometimes raise suspicion...

Spoiler: Mikhail Kutuzov (click to show/hide)

Sigs

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 21, 2015, 11:03:00 am »

Вы - Советская Атомная Кавалерия, Ход девять: Более Бессмертный, чем Сталин!

Behind the Nazi Lines
May 7th, 1943, 23:30

Captain Oleg Vasiliev: You grab the crude mines from De Groot and lob it at the armored car. [5] Spinning like a top, you send the mine in a graceful arc toward the Sd.Kfz 221.

You turn around and make a run for the gully, shouting at your troops to follow you.

Private First Class Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz: You spray fire toward the armoured car. [3-1-1] [1-1-1] [4-1-1] [6-1-1] [6-1-1] [3-1-1]. You don't see what you're hitting, but a couple of cries are heard. At his moment you hear Captain Vasiliev shouting for a retreat and make a break for the gully as a large explosion is heard.

Commissar Grigori Ursine: Enraged by the pain of radioactive steam, you charge the enemy infantry [2-1][4-1][3-1] bullets whizzes by as you near them. [5+1] v. [1-1] [5][6][4] You jump on the armoured car and rip off the gunner's head with one swiper of your powerful paws! Your roar of victory is interrupted when a heavy object smack you on the back of your head.

Lieutnant Nikifor Sokoloff: Letting Brzęczyszczykiewicz lay down suppressive fire but [2] cannot see him in the glare of the projector. You do grab his horse's bridle as you follow Captain Vasiliev in his retreat.

Private First Class Tavish Finnegan DeGroot: Blood obsure your vision as you try to get a shot at the armoured car. At that moment you feel someone trying to steal your mine! You cling to it with all your strength! Sadly, blood loss is weakening you... your head and spinning, you feel weightless as you still try to cling to your mine with your last shred of strength...

*BOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!*

May 8th, 1943, 2:00

Sokoloff, Brzęczyszczykiewicz and Vasiliev are hidden in under some bushes in the gully. DeGroot and Ursine are no more... Nazis have been crawling all over, but their search effort have been hindered by the rampaging nuclear steam cloud. After several tries, you manage to contact HQ, and make a report that is only slightly spun.

HQ congratulate you on eliminating the two nazi traitors that had infiltrated your group. Once HQ reminds you that loosing one of Stalin's precious horse is ground for the death penalty, you assure them you still have control of all of them. HQ congratulate you for saving the horses and inform you that reinforcement will be parachuted next night.

Under the Lenin Mausoleum - National Cloning Institute

May 8th, 1943, 8:00

Quote from: Doctor of Biology Shebsinkov
"I was waiting for you Comrade Polevoy. You are an exceptional man. Your survived the battle of Osowiec, the Smolensk cauldron, the Siege of Odessa and the cauldron of Kiev. You managed to escape the siege of Leningrad and served in Stalingrad. It seems you have an incredible talent for surviving desperate situations. That's why you're the man for this job.

You see, our competitors at the National Research National University managed to get the authorization to live-test their stupid "nuclear horse" idea. But we know that WE are the mad scientists that will defeat the fascists hordes! Our state of the art technology let us clonesthe greatest minds mother Russia ever produced. With dozens of the best generals history ever produced, we are sure to win.

As a proof of concept, we revived Field Marshal Kutuzov. His superior strategic mind should let him devise the best way to win the battle for the Kursk salient. In order to get the information he needs, you and him will join the 1st Nuclear Cavarly Squadron. There, your job will be to watch over Kutusov. You see, we used the latest advance from Prof. Lysenko to purge the reactionary genes from Kutusov, but the purge might not be complete. You will have to ensure he remains faithful to the Soviet ideal... Commissar Polevoy.

Let's go and get him out of his vat."

The two of you step out into a large, dimly-lit laboratory where a 19th century Field Marshal is floating in a greenish liquid. The vat open, pouring liquid all over the floor as Kutusov try to catch his breath.

Quote from: Doctor of Biology Shebsinkov
And between you and me, Commissar... If this mission could prove to all that nuclear horse are a stupid idea, we would be most grateful.

May 8th, 1943, 15:00

Kutusov and Polevoy stands in a large warehouse on the Moscow Airport. The last formality before flying to the front is picking up your equipment. Due to the nature of the mission, you can request anything available.

Spoiler: Nazi Map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Piece of Paper (click to show/hide)

Code: [Select]
Breed:Warhorse
HP:12/12
+2 to damage rolls
-1 to riding rolls

Feral Nuclear Horse

Code: (Claw Marx) [Select]
Breed:Thoroughbred
HP:6/10
+1 to speed
Spewing Radioactive Steam

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 21, 2015, 11:50:41 am »

Request following:

1 PPSh with 3 box magazines and 2 drum magazines
1 Mauser pistol chambered for 9mm Parabellum for use behind enemy lines, with sufficient amount of munition
1 trench shovel, sharpened

Other than that, take the standard-issue soldier's equipment and field uniform.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 04:41:28 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 21, 2015, 04:25:37 pm »

Get acquainted with modern materiel. Request the following:
  • 1 set of standard equipment i.e. uniform, boots etc.
  • 1 heavy cavalry sabre
  • 1 Tokarev pistol with extra magazines
  • 1 anti-vehicle mine
  • 1 set of long-range radio equipment
  • 1 cavalry cornet
  • 1 fancy hat

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 21, 2015, 05:34:27 pm »

In Moscow

An orderly take your equipment request. After some bickering with various quartermasters, you are fully equipped and take off for Kursk. Arriving at Kursk airport, your are welcomed by a Captain of the VVS who welcomes you, and offer to wait in his office for your parachuting behind enemy lines to be organized.

As he leaves you in his office, you can see him through the windowed door talking to a pair of men. One of them is wearing a NKVD uniform, and the other a lab coat emblazoned with the punched horse of the National Research Nuclear University!

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 21, 2015, 05:56:21 pm »

Vasily field strips his weaponry, cleans and oils every part - this seems to keep him from freaking out about sitting next to the man who once was commanding his greatfather. It is hard to read Vasily's face's expression - his facial muscles functioned poorly ever since... that time. He was voiced back then, but his voice went hoarse as well. He glances over the people talking outside, but doesn't pay them any special attention.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 06:13:21 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 21, 2015, 07:00:13 pm »

Ha! Such is the fate of those that resist me! I propose yet another glorious plan. I shall equip the bloodied uniform and shall pretend to be a wounded survivor of the explosion. I would pretend to be a polish volunteer, and if necessary, I would add some german words, like schnitzel, scheisse, schweinehund, heil hitler and the like.
In fact, I shall put on the uniform and scout the camp from afar.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 22, 2015, 01:00:12 am »

I facepalm at the blind heroism my underlings are showing. People, you don't become a world-class ballet dancer Hero Of The Soviet Union by risking your ass like this...
Regardless we'll help Comrade Polack in his endeavor - Comrade Stalin loves to hear tales like these, it always puts him in a good mood... I ready myself to give fire support if needed and prepare to slowly advance while staying undetected.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24