Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33

Author Topic: Isle of the Young Gods: OOC Thread (If you want on Waitlist, Please Check!)  (Read 30036 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Isle of the Young Gods (Signup and OOC thread)
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2014, 12:02:55 pm »

Of the six applications, four are shoo-ins. The other two need some work. I'll likely start this Wed or Thursday, so people have until then to submit or fix up their sheets. I think I'll run with five, so make em good :)

Also, I know some people are not good at taking critique, so I'm going to resist the urge to offer unsolicited advice on sheets, but if you think you are one of the two sheets that need work, all you have to do as ask, and I'll help you where needed.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2014, 12:10:10 pm »

Well, I'm imaging my backstory's alright, considering you said so, and I corrected my sheet. So I think I'm good.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2014, 12:14:48 pm »

I feel like mine is one of the sheet that is not up to par so if you have any suggestion/advice just say so
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2014, 02:51:22 pm »

I feel like mine is one of the sheet that is not up to par so if you have any suggestion/advice just say so

I like your character concept alot, but your grasp of English seems a bit weak. That said, you can't get better without practice. Just go over the sheet again, and pay attention to basic grammar stuff such as tense and punctuation. Honestly if nobody posts any other sheets, and the other applicant with a problem doesn't fix it, I'll likely put you in anyway, and if you do some basic fixes, you have a fair chance of getting in regardless of what happens.

If you need specific help with grammar, I can dig up some links for you, but I don't think I'll have time to go over every little issue with you before I pick.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2014, 03:14:54 pm »

"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2014, 05:28:03 pm »

PTW

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2014, 06:03:06 pm »

Also, I know some people are not good at taking critique, so I'm going to resist the urge to offer unsolicited advice on sheets,
Feedback. Must get. Do want. Yeeessss...
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2014, 06:10:54 pm »

I put in my sheet after you said that, but Id love one.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2014, 08:15:22 pm »

Also, I know some people are not good at taking critique, so I'm going to resist the urge to offer unsolicited advice on sheets,
Feedback. Must get. Do want. Yeeessss...

Your sheet is pretty good, but the fact that your character is very similar to Lurker's is a rather large problem. Similar personalities and goals, and they are even both dragons of a sort. Since they are pretty much the same thing, I'm hesitant to let both characters in, and I think Lurker's application is just a bit better than yours.

I put in my sheet after you said that, but Id love one.

The sheet is solid.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2014, 08:34:58 pm »

I fix up most error i can spot. I think it is good enough now right?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2014, 12:32:06 am »

I fixed up most of the errors i can spot I spotted. I think it is good enough now, right?

Fixed that for ya :p

But in all seriousness, it is better. I appreciate that you put the effort in, and I like that you are more or less the only app with a clearly stated and non selfish or evil goal/belief system. You still need alot of work in the grammar department, but I'm not perfect with grammar either, and in the end it is less important and easier to teach than story telling or roleplay. I just needed to see that you were willing to put in the effort to improve.

You are in contention, and have a good chance of getting in. It looks like I'll have a tough choice to make.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 12:34:19 am by Weirdsound »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2014, 02:07:48 am »

Probably won't get in considering how late this is, but might as well try.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 02:16:14 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2014, 02:24:24 am »

It is not to late until I say it is. I'll likely pick players as I'm writing the opening post. I'm thinking of beginning with some RP to get us started and introduce the setting before anything mechanical happens, as it will be Sunday at the earliest when I have time to write some more advanced rules, finish making the map, and write up boons for everybody.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2014, 05:35:16 am »

I don't think any of our Birthed gods come from happy unions. These kids are gonna have some issues.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2014, 05:50:17 am »

Mine is quite happy i think. Well it not like romantic union but not many god have romantic relation. Take those greek god for example...... Brith form head, stone, random wild animal......... Warth revenge and enslave of own child. I think our story are pretty mild compare to those.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33