Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 57

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Forgotten IC Thread  (Read 52463 times)

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Forgotten IC Thread
« Reply #720 on: January 11, 2015, 07:52:40 pm »

"Yeah... I think I'm going to head upstairs and check on Alexios, alright?"

Without really waiting for an answer, she headed back upstairs. Knocking quietly on the door, she slipped back in.

"Hey, are you doing any better?"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: January 11, 2015, 07:56:22 pm »

:"Yeah... I am. Knowing you like me too did kinda do a lot to cheer me up, and rest helped."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: January 11, 2015, 08:29:26 pm »

Sitting next to him, she smiled up at him.

"Well, I'm glad that you're doing better. You ready to head back downstairs, see how everyone else is doing?"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: January 11, 2015, 08:56:04 pm »

:"...sure."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: January 11, 2015, 09:02:54 pm »

"I mean, unless you don't want to. That's fine too."

She hesitated, not sure if she should tell him about Leret or not. Finally, she sighed.

"But... before we do anything, I... I found out his name. And where he is. His name is Leret, he's up at the mansion north of the city. But... We can't go after him. We can't just break into the mansion. The boss won't let us. I... I don't know what to do, I'm sorry."
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 10:37:50 pm by Swordstar »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: January 11, 2015, 09:29:39 pm »

:"...maybe he'll come around..."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: January 11, 2015, 09:33:30 pm »

"I... If he doesn't... I'll go myself. Even if it means the boss kicks me out, I'm not going to abandon this, I promise."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: January 11, 2015, 09:55:16 pm »

:"I... thank you, Aneira."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: January 11, 2015, 10:34:40 pm »

"Well... It's... it's important to you, so it's important to me."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: January 12, 2015, 07:28:33 pm »

Dakob heads to town, to try and get a better idea of what he missed.

Geoffrey almost ran into the giant, not really paying attention to where he was walking.

"Oh, sorry about that. You fought with us right... Sorry, your name escapes me at the moment."
"...it's Dakob, sir. Dakob Recirrum. Would you...would you be okay if I came along with you guys?"

Dakob seemed mildly embarrassed as he asked the question, somewhat unused to being so blunt.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: January 18, 2015, 10:09:28 pm »

Give Heavy Spear to Martyn.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: January 19, 2015, 12:02:39 am »

Hand Iron Blade off to Igor.  Seems better suited to him than that toothpick he has now.

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: January 19, 2015, 12:18:41 am »

He takes a bite of the bread, chewing carefully before nodding. After swallowing, he looks to the barkeep. "I actually AM waiting on the Mercenaries. I wish to join them."

"Oh, well tough luck on that; their leader just stormed off."

"...it's Dakob, sir. Dakob Recirrum. Would you...would you be okay if I came along with you guys?"

Dakob seemed mildly embarrassed as he asked the question, somewhat unused to being so blunt.

"Yeah, the more the merrier, meet up at the inn, The Blue Lagoon later."

"Now if you'll excuse me I've got business to take care of."

Geoffrey walked back to the gates and sat down outside them pondering what to do. He could try going himself but all he'd end up doing was getting himself caught. Or he could try to pressure Edward for details again but after that bizarre trick he didn't want to risk it at the moment. Everything seemed to lead to a dead end. He leaned back against the gate and stared into the cloudless sky, not thinking, just looking. Eventually the sky began to turn orange so he picked himself up with a sigh and headed back to the inn to hear what Mia and Garret had to say. He saw two unfamiliar faces and the lack of two familiar faces; apparently Sarrani's wind had guided her elsewhere. Maybe Hilde went with her to make sure she didn't die. Igor was there too, the mayor already stopped by and paid him and Dakob, which surprised Geoffrey but he was glad to see that he'd be joining him.

Mia and Garret didn't reveal anything new to him, Aneira or Edward about Leret but their reason for being there surprised probably everyone present. Apparently the owner of the mansion to north had hired them to raid the town for him but when they got there Garick and the mages ambushed them along with some of their men "defecting". It had been an attempt of the mansion's owner to raise his public image which was reportedly very low. When Godhand showed up Mia and Garret thought they were with Garick's bunch and it wasn't until Martyn spoke to her did she realize that they were just mercenaries however her pride made her want to fight him anyway. The pair left the inn after their tale, leaving Andala and Maxwell as the only non-Godhands.

"If you two wish to join us that's fine, just make sure you're up with the rest of us in the morning. We'll be going somewhere first thing." That said, Geoffrey headed up to his room and slipped out of his armor and into his sleepwear intending to head to bed early.

But he didn't get the chance, Edward had followed him up to his room after mulling over something for a few minutes.

"And where are we going oh esteemed leader?" Edward had a very good idea where, and it frustrated him greatly, but he needed to confirm it before doing anything.

"We're going to that mansion tomorrow, I don't care what you say about it. You can sit it out if you don't want to be involved but I'm taking everyone else with me and we're ousting that bastard. Leret too."

"I see how it is. You're still strung up about Alexios' artifact aren't you? And you're going to use the excuse of liberating this town from a tyrant to get a shot at Leret." Geoffrey grit his teeth, Edward was right. "I've got you all figured out, Geo." And I don't like how easy you are to read.

"But I won't try to stop you, you're no use to anyone in your current phase. Better to let you get it out of your system before you do something stupid."

"So you'll help?"

"No, you're on your own." With that Edward left the captain to his own devices, he had preparations to make.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 2x: O Employer, Where Art Thou?
~~~

Geoffrey woke up much earlier than he intended, it was still pitch black outside and couldn't have been past midnight. He should've fallen back asleep but for some reason he didn't instead wandering downstairs. To his surprise George was still up though he had a worried look on his face. He tried to hid it when he saw Geoffrey but didn't do a very good job.

"Oh, you're up too? Shoulda figured he wouldn't be the only one..."

"What are you talking about?" Geoffrey asked, frustrated. He might've been up but he was still tired and therefore a bit cranky and didn't need to play twenty questions.

"That Edward kid left earlier, around the time I was locking the doors and closing up. I shouldn'ta let him go, I've been up with worry since but I can't leave the inn."

Geoffrey was suddenly wide awake.
"Which way did he go?" Geoffrey asked as calmly as possible, he didn't want to worry George any more than he already was.

"Uh, north probably. I watched him until I couldn't see him from the window any more. Looked like he was heading for the northern gate."

"Thanks," was all Geoffrey said before heading back up to his room. Dammit dammit dammit! was the sole thought that went through his mind as he hastily put his armor on and grabbed his axes. Within minutes all of Godhand was woken up and within the hour all of them were dressed and, while sleepy, ready for combat.

Geoffrey didn't give them much explanation as they departed from the inn, just that it was very important. After an half an hour or so of marching in the darkness the company finally arrived at their destination, or so Geoffrey hoped. It was hard to tell what direction they had been going so he could only hope they went north. Besides, how likely was it that there would be another mansion in some random direction away from town?

"I'm sure you're all wondering why I dragged you out here at who knows what ungodly hour it is. To make a long story short, our employer got full of himself and is probably, at this very, moment either doing something extremely dangerous and stupid or has been captured or something. I'm sure he's in here, and since I'm sure we all like being paid we ought to rescue him."

Map Start!

Enemy Stats
Spoiler: Win Conditions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Spoiler: HP Counts (click to show/hide)
EXP:17/100
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 02:21:24 am by F.O.E. »

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: January 19, 2015, 12:26:41 am »

Aneira to 18-18

(Aneira is looking for the thing that she found out about from the shopkeeper earlier, it's fine, she'll catch up in a bit)

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: January 19, 2015, 12:30:21 am »

Lian rubbed her eyes, still trying to shake off her drowsiness.
: "Ugh. Not the best hour for a rescue mission. But I guess if things get hairy, that'll be fixed real fast."
: "To be honest, Geo, I thought the roles here between you and Ed would be reversed. Too bad you won't get the honor of being rescued by me, then." She laughed in a still-sleepless tone.
Lian to 11,17.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 57