Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 57

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Forgotten IC Thread  (Read 52457 times)

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Forgotten IC Thread
« Reply #690 on: January 01, 2015, 08:50:45 pm »

"Hey there Lian," Geoffrey purposely greeted before George could even open his mouth as Lian entered the inn. After Aneira had left the two had started a (somewhat) friendly game of trying to annoy the other the most. Geoffrey was clearly winning.
"Oh another of your mercs showed up Geo. You gonna take her up to a room and make her blush like the two from earlier?"
"Shut up George." Geoffrey's eyebrow twitched as he said that. Most of George's comments hadn't affected the stoic captain so he was glad to have found at least one weakness in the man.
Lian quietly sat herself up two chairs from Geoffrey, placing her sword aside.
: "Oh, I didn't think this was that seedy of an inn. But I guess that explains the stench."
"His name is Leret. A shop keeper here saw him at the mansion north of here, seemed to think he'd been staying there. We need to check this lead out. Please."
As she was just about to order a drink, Lian's ears perked and she looked around to Aneira.
: "That was quick. Any idea how recently he's been there?"

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: January 01, 2015, 08:52:48 pm »

"She just said the other day, nothing more specific than that. But it must have been recent, especially if he was just here. And it's the best lead we have. It's the only one we have..."

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: January 01, 2015, 10:58:02 pm »

Maxwell excuses himself and heads to the tavern, giddy with excitement! Maybe this was a chance to put his practice to use...

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: January 01, 2015, 11:52:00 pm »

"Indeed."

Ekul bows stiffly before going back to the Armoury.

Handing over the gold, the scavenger inspects his new weapon.

"Welcome to the family."

With the new sword in hand, Ekul decided to get some pointers on how to use it properly. Returning to the inn, Ekul waved at everyone in there and sat down near Geoffrey.

"Good day boss! Just bought a new sword and was wondering if you could give me a few pointers on how to use it well. Apparently it's good for cutting horses or something."

"Oh back already? Here you go."

Ekul receives a Long Sword.

------------

In the time it took for Lian to return Geoffrey's greeting the captain had been swarmed by his other mercs. He laughed as Ekul asked for sword tips.

"You'd be better off asking anyone who actually specializes in swords rather than me, Ekul. I picked axes because I've used them a lot longer than swords and I didn't feel like learning more about swords when I'm already so familiar with axes."

Lian quietly sat herself up two chairs from Geoffrey, placing her sword aside.
: "Oh, I didn't think this was that seedy of an inn. But I guess that explains the stench."

George's face contorted in anger at what Lian said. But he couldn't yell at a customer, it was bad customer service. Geoffrey, on the other hand, was thrilled.

"Haha, good one Lian. What do you say to that George?"

It took George a moment or two, but he finally calmed down enough to answer him.

"You win," George said, extremely subdued. "Drinks, including the one you had already, are free for today."

Aneira frowned and nodded.

"Right. Thank you. That's what I needed. I'll get you that trinket then, in thanks for this."

She left the shop and headed straight back to the inn. Entering, she walked straight over to Geo, and sat down.

"His name is Leret. A shop keeper here saw him at the mansion north of here, seemed to think he'd been staying there. We need to check this lead out. Please."

"Do hurry back~" Denab called after Aneira as she left.

Shortly after Aneira left someone else wandered into her store. "Excuse me, is Denab in?"

---------------

Geoffrey crossed his arms and closed his eyes when Aneira dropped that bombshell on him. There it was, information on the mysterious thief sitting right in front of him. But he couldn't act on it, they were in Karlt and Edward had no power here unless that mansion belonged to either his father or an associate of his father.

"I'm sorry, Aneira, but my hands are tied. We can't go up to some mansion and demand to be let in. If Leret is staying there he's obviously in league with the owner. We'll be attacked and captured. I'll talk with Edward about it but I'm not making any promises."

Maxwell excuses himself and heads to the tavern, giddy with excitement! Maybe this was a chance to put his practice to use...

By the time Maxwell had entered the inn George had made a full recovery and greeted the monk with a hearty laugh.

"Hmm what's a young monk like you doing here at this time of day? You get kicked out of the monastery?"

"Wonderful. I shall join you at once. Road is always better than the moldy chambers of the monastery."

"So where do you want to go Miss...?" It was then Mia realized she didn't know this woman's name and she hadn't told hers either. "I'm Mia, and this is Garret. What's your name?"

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: January 01, 2015, 11:54:39 pm »

He flinches at the remark, looking away shyly. "Word travels fast, huh? I guess I shouldn't have tried using that magic outside.... Or flirted with that girl..."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: January 01, 2015, 11:58:20 pm »

"... I can't... I have to go. Boss, I'm sorry, but I can't just let him get away. I *can't*

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: January 02, 2015, 02:37:25 am »

Lian stands up and grabs her sword.
: "Quite the loyal lovebird, aren't we? Perhaps we can take another walk around town and ask around some more?" Lian walks beside Aneira and whispers, "And I don't think there's any problem with just walking outside the mansion, no?"

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: January 02, 2015, 02:52:34 am »

"I... Yeah. I am. I like Alexios a lot. And he matters a lot to me, so I want to help him."

She stared at the swordswoman for a few seconds, almost daring her to continue teasing, before grabbing her bow and standing up.

"You're right though. Maybe someone else around here will know more. Lets go see."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: January 02, 2015, 09:05:26 am »

"I'm Andala. I spread happiness and pleasure, be it acquisition of valuables or carnal feats of debauchery! Also doing a little bit of healing on the side, just to have enough spare coin."

"Why, interested in any of the three, cutey?"
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

KujiUn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: January 04, 2015, 01:55:24 am »

Dahzel walks over the town a bit. Time to get some grub!
Still alive, amazingly.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: January 04, 2015, 08:08:48 pm »

Dakob heads to town, to try and get a better idea of what he missed.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: January 05, 2015, 02:25:46 am »

He flinches at the remark, looking away shyly. "Word travels fast, huh? I guess I shouldn't have tried using that magic outside.... Or flirted with that girl..."

"Oh, uh, no that was just a guess. Sorry 'bout that." George said awkwardly. He'd only meant it as a joke, he didn't think he was right. That didn't stop him from chuckling to himself when the monk explained why he'd been kicked out. "Well anyway, what can I do for you?"

"I'm Andala. I spread happiness and pleasure, be it acquisition of valuables or carnal feats of debauchery! Also doing a little bit of healing on the side, just to have enough spare coin."

"Why, interested in any of the three, cutey?"

"Oh, uh no, not really." Mia casually put Garret between her and Andala. "I just thought I should at least know your name since you healed Garret." Garret meanwhile pondered how spending all that time raising Mia somehow resulted in this situation.

"... I can't... I have to go. Boss, I'm sorry, but I can't just let him get away. I *can't*

Geoffrey sighed when Aneira insisted on going. He didn't like telling his mercs what they could and couldn't do, he was pretty lenient, but if she went she'd pull everyone else into it and he didn't need someone high-up in Karlt on his ass.

"And I can't let one of my mercs go on a suicide mission. I'll talk it over with Edward and try and get him to pull some strings but that's all I can do. Do not go anywhere near that mansion unless I say so."

He stood up from his seat and walked over to the door and, just as he was about to open it, it opened by itself to reveal Edward standing there looking extremely frustrated. Geoffrey noticed this of course, but he wasn't going to be stopped. He was going to discuss this now, if only to give Aneira an answer right away.

"Edward, just the merchant I wanted to see. Let me ask you, how much do you know about the mansion north of town. And while you're at it, can you get us in?"

Edward barely even registered Geoffrey was in front of him with how lost in his thoughts he was.

That damn Wicce! How dare she toy with me like that. I could've done her stupid errand with much less cost to her, but noooooo. Instead she went and told someone; she even knew I was coming! And now some random merc knows about it, but who did she tell... He glanced past Geoffrey and saw Aneira sitting at the counter. Of course it was her, she's the only one who'd ask. Damn it!

"Oh, hey Geo," Edward said, putting on his normal face but without his trademark smirk, having sensed the serious mood. "I know enough. Forget it exists and forget about Leret, he's beyond you now." Edward tried to move past Geoffrey, but the man grabbed him by the shoulder before he could make it past,

"Tell me what you know." Edward grabbed Geoffrey's wrist and squeezed. For a brief second Geoffrey felt intense pain and in his surprise let go. Edward was wearing his smirk again when he spoke in a whisper.

"Remember Geoffrey, I may only be eight-teen but I'm also a very rich merchant and your employer. Don't forget that just because we're friends." He walked up to the counter unhindered as Geoffrey left the inn and sat down next to Aneira.

"So how's life?" he asked as if nothing had happened. If she asked about it he'd say it was a conflict of interests, they hadn't heard anything after all.

Dakob heads to town, to try and get a better idea of what he missed.

Geoffrey almost ran into the giant, not really paying attention to where he was walking.

"Oh, sorry about that. You fought with us right... Sorry, your name escapes me at the moment."

Dahzel walks over the town a bit. Time to get some grub!

Dahzel wanders into the marketplace. There are carts filled with a variety of things ranging from pelts to produce with merchants yelling over each other for business. One of them, a twenty something man with silver hair, calls Dahzel over. "You look like a rare type of man who enjoys fruit just as much as he enjoys meat. Luckily for you we've got plenty of fruit for sale."

Spoiler: Market (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fruit (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 02:40:25 am by F.O.E. »

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: January 05, 2015, 02:33:12 am »

Aneira stared at the man for a few seconds, almost in disgust, before answering.

"How do you think it is? I've got a name for the man who stole Alexios's artifact, *and* I have a location but apparently I'm not *allowed* to go after it. So instead I'm stuck here useless, while Geo says maybe you can do something but then just leaves after barely talking to you. So apparently he's not all that concerned after all."

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: January 05, 2015, 02:57:55 am »

Aneira stared at the man for a few seconds, almost in disgust, before answering.

"How do you think it is? I've got a name for the man who stole Alexios's artifact, *and* I have a location but apparently I'm not *allowed* to go after it. So instead I'm stuck here useless, while Geo says maybe you can do something but then just leaves after barely talking to you. So apparently he's not all that concerned after all."

"He's just... upset right now." Edward tried to explain. "He probably expected that I'd be able to get us in with a few words but now that he knows I can't he's distressed. You saw how he apologized to Alex, he probably wants that artifact back more than even it's owner does. Heh, I wouldn't be surprised if he tried to go himself now that I'm of no use. He takes his job way too seriously, I swear. I wouldn't be volunteering to handle all his finances if I didn't fear he'd run himself too ragged to lead you all otherwise."
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 03:00:57 am by F.O.E. »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: January 05, 2015, 05:03:26 am »

"You know it now!."

"But is there just the two of us, or is it that I just haven't been introduced to the rest of the group?"
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 57