Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 57

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Forgotten IC Thread  (Read 52458 times)

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Forgotten IC Thread
« Reply #705 on: January 05, 2015, 10:19:00 am »

"And I can't let one of my mercs go on a suicide mission. I'll talk it over with Edward and try and get him to pull some strings but that's all I can do. Do not go anywhere near that mansion unless I say so."

Lian quietly huffed as she heard Geoffrey's order, snapping her fingers in irritation.

"He's just... upset right now." Edward tried to explain. "He probably expected that I'd be able to get us in with a few words but now that he knows I can't he's distressed. You saw how he apologized to Alex, he probably wants that artifact back more than even it's owner does. Heh, I wouldn't be surprised if he tried to go himself now that I'm of no use. He takes his job way too seriously, I swear. I wouldn't be volunteering to handle all his finances if I didn't fear he'd run himself too ragged to lead you all otherwise."

Lian glared at the doorway of the inn.
: "Damn it, Geo." She muttered under her breath before turning to Edward, "You know, I'd think that as well. Given that this is his first time leading such a large group, he's not like to take any failings of his own lightly."
: "Maybe he's on his way to interrogate what hapless fellow might be hanging around the mansion now. He doesn't exactly have a good reason not to, given how a certain merchant seems scant for details."

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: January 05, 2015, 01:17:21 pm »

"Ye mean Alex? Aye, tha' guy needed help tae. Someone stole 'at thing he's always carrying aroond. 'E wasnae much help. An' noo he's aff wi' Aneira," she said, chortling slightly under her breath.

"Of course."

"I'll speak with them later, once Aneria's... finished, I suppose."

"For now, other work to do."

He set off for the inn, recalling mention of a meeting there.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: January 05, 2015, 06:00:42 pm »

"... You're right. I'm just... upset. He's done a good job running this group up until now, I should trust him to continue doing a good job. We'll see what happens when he gets back, I guess."

Omair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: January 06, 2015, 12:37:13 am »

Nodding, Ekul scratches his chin as he pondered on potential swashbuckling teachers. Immediately one came to mind and she was in fact standing nearby. Taking lessons from Lian made a lot of sense after all, she seemed more proficient in the use of slashing weapons compared to everyone else in the group.

Unfortunately there was a chance she would take the opportunity to hurt him in many ways if she even deems to see fit being his instructor.

Weighing risk versus reward, Ekul decided to just give it a shot anyway. Walking up to Lian, the scavenger asked,

"Hey, Lian, ever since fighting alongside you in the past few battles, I find it irrefutable that you are the best candidate to teach me how to wield a long sword properly! You see, normally I use swords designed for stabbing but this new sword is an entirely different beast altogether."

Showing the sword to Lian briefly, he then continued,

"And your style of swordsmanship seemed more inclined to slashing weapons."

If things fail, well, there was also this Igor guy who exists somewhere in this town at the moment too.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: January 06, 2015, 01:06:32 pm »

"Hey, Lian, ever since fighting alongside you in the past few battles, I find it irrefutable that you are the best candidate to teach me how to wield a long sword properly! You see, normally I use swords designed for stabbing but this new sword is an entirely different beast altogether."

Showing the sword to Lian briefly, he then continued,

"And your style of swordsmanship seemed more inclined to slashing weapons."

Lian whipped her head around in irritation when Ekul addressed her. As she listened though, her eyebrow raised before speaking with a nonplussed tone,
: "That so?" The myrmidon blinked, carefully examining the sword in question, "Large weapon. You'll have a tough time trying to swing that thing around. My style prefers lighter, more maneuverable weapons. Not that I can't work with it, mind, but you'll need a lot of practice before you can use that thing effectively."
: "I suppose I could teach you. Fair warning, though. Lecher or not, I don't teach nice."
Lian took a moment to elbow Aneira on her side.
: "You could use the practice too, you know."

Omair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: January 06, 2015, 01:34:59 pm »

Ekul shrugs and puts on his bravest face...that came off more like the nonchalant expression of an ignorant than someone confident in his own skill.

"Some scholars say that people learn fastest under pressure or fear of...discomfort. So you'll be teaching Aneira swordplay too?"

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: January 06, 2015, 03:08:27 pm »

"An ale and a loaf of bread, please. I'm waiting for someone."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: January 06, 2015, 03:41:38 pm »

"Whoa, what? I haven't used a sword in years... I mean, I know the basics, but it's not something I've done... I'm more than happy to use my bow."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: January 07, 2015, 10:12:25 am »

: "Just a suggestion, Aneira. Never know when someone could have you, or someone else important, cornered."
Lian shrugged.
: "Anyway. Actual training will have to come a bit later, when I'm not half-charred. And if I hear some nonsense about how you prefer your women 'smoking hot' or some drivel, Ekul, I'll make sure it's the last time."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: January 07, 2015, 11:29:05 am »

"I... Maybe I'll take you up on that. I could teach you how to use a bow in return, if you wanted."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: January 07, 2015, 11:43:11 am »

: "Now that could be useful." Lian scratched her chin for a moment, "It could give me an option to use against those pesky mages trying to fight me from afar. But on the other hand it might be cumbersome enough to distract me from dodging..." Lian's focus shifted away, lost in thought.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: January 07, 2015, 12:28:23 pm »

"Hey, if I can manage one while riding a horse, I'm sure you can manage one. You're more agile than I am anyways."

Omair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: January 08, 2015, 11:40:13 am »

Ekul nods quickly before getting his meal.

"Alright, let me know when will it be suitable for practice, Lian."

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: January 11, 2015, 06:32:53 pm »

"You know it now!."

"But is there just the two of us, or is it that I just haven't been introduced to the rest of the group?"

"It's just me and Garret right now. Everyone else uh, left us just a bit ago," she said, sorrow in her tone. "B-but jokes on them, we hadn't paid them yet!"

Lian glared at the doorway of the inn.
: "Damn it, Geo." She muttered under her breath before turning to Edward, "You know, I'd think that as well. Given that this is his first time leading such a large group, he's not like to take any failings of his own lightly."
: "Maybe he's on his way to interrogate what hapless fellow might be hanging around the mansion now. He doesn't exactly have a good reason not to, given how a certain merchant seems scant for details."

"Oh, is this his first time leading? With how serious he is I expected this to maybe be the second or third group he's led."

"I would hope he's not that rash as to go during the day. And believe me when I say that I don't know anything useful about that place, it's out of me or my father's jurisdiction."

"... You're right. I'm just... upset. He's done a good job running this group up until now, I should trust him to continue doing a good job. We'll see what happens when he gets back, I guess."

"Yeah seems to about all we can do for now." And hope Geoffrey is smart enough not to do something entirely stupid.

"An ale and a loaf of bread, please. I'm waiting for someone."

"You with these mercs?" George paused for a few seconds and then shrugged, giving Maxwell the ale and bread. "Eh, never mind, it's on this time. So who ya waitin' on, that girl you mentioned earlier?"

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: January 11, 2015, 07:41:58 pm »

He takes a bite of the bread, chewing carefully before nodding. After swallowing, he looks to the barkeep. "I actually AM waiting on the Mercenaries. I wish to join them."
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 57