Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 37

Author Topic: 30 Days of Modding - Day 30 - Done!  (Read 70052 times)

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 30 Days of Modding - Day 18 - New Manual more than half way done.
« Reply #405 on: July 27, 2014, 11:03:00 am »

What are human preferences for food and drink?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #406 on: July 27, 2014, 11:23:44 am »

None. They eat anything and drink anything, dont require any special food.

Alright, for the tavern I have those:
Warrior
Thief
Barbarian
Mage

Classical RPG types... maybe add a monk and a cleric?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 12:12:31 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #407 on: July 27, 2014, 12:22:55 pm »

And now for something completely different:

You can now change the font that TwbT uses. Mix them as you like... play Ascii with Phoebus font, play Ironhand with Obsidian font... can be changed on the fly, doesnt need a new world. With preview in the dropdown menu.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 27, 2014, 12:39:16 pm »

FUCKING HALLELUJAH.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #409 on: July 27, 2014, 01:03:51 pm »

Monk, Cleric, Bard and Conjurer will follow. I changed Thief to Ranger, because it fits better... the thief wouldnt steal stuff, but handle ranged weapons.

They are all for the tavern, which spawns these units as full civ members, that can become nobles or military members. They spawn with natural skills, and equipment (which will be on the floor, because I cant spawn it in their inventory, but hey, at least you can assign it to them directly)

There is no necromancer, because you can already get a black monolith from the Warlocks, which fills the same spot.

These classes might arrive as migrants as well, but it should be rather rare. If they do, they do have the natural skills, but they dont have the special equipment.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #410 on: July 27, 2014, 01:50:27 pm »

Dev Log - Day 19

First of all: Sorry for the delay. I planned on a shorter break, but both RL and DF2014 distracted a bit more than expected. I will now do the last 12 days in one go, to release the humans, manual and maybe a bit of warlock content.

Today I did this:
 - TwbT Font Selection in the GUI
 - Deons Tavern can summon civ-members for coins, 8 classical RPG characters. They spawn with skills, equipment and unique abilities. I finished the summoning and concepts and the test reactions, tomorrow I will finish the unique abilities.
 - Types are: Warrior, Mage, Ranger, Barbarian, Conjurer, Bard, Cleric and Monk.
- Removed noeat nodrink from humans (leftover from testing)
- Changed prices for guilds. Guild permit is now 1000 instead of 5000, and each upgrade is +1000, instead of 5000. So first upgrade is 2000, second is 3000, third is 4000, fifth and last is 5000. In total that means basic guilds are much cheaper, and the overall cost dipped from 25.000 for a fully upgraded guild to 15.000.
- Added a "Stone Splitting Block", similar to the wood splitting. Costs 1 block, skill used is stonecrafter. Takes any boulder, makes 8 blocks. That should help with the surface constructions. Size is 3x1, to keep it small.
- Cave adaption takes 5 times longer to start.

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 30 Days of Modding - Day 19 - I am back again. :)
« Reply #411 on: July 27, 2014, 02:23:38 pm »

When, oh when, can I get my hands on this??

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #412 on: July 27, 2014, 02:43:36 pm »

When, oh when, can I get my hands on this??
The GUI, or the humans now?

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 27, 2014, 02:46:37 pm »

The humans. I'm anxious to play. :)

I went through the new changes in Smake's orcs pretty quick and didn't find any problems. They filled some holes nicely in workshops that were missing, but humans look all nice and shiny.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #414 on: July 27, 2014, 02:48:34 pm »

There is a test release on the first post of this thread. Its not the most recent, but should have enough to get a good look at them.

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 27, 2014, 02:50:01 pm »

Cool! I'll go check it out.

I'm not getting a ton of work done today anyway. :(

lightstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 27, 2014, 10:35:56 pm »

Dev Log - Day 19

First of all: Sorry for the delay. I planned on a shorter break, but both RL and DF2014 distracted a bit more than expected. I will now do the last 12 days in one go, to release the humans, manual and maybe a bit of warlock content.

Today I did this:
 - TwbT Font Selection in the GUI
 - Deons Tavern can summon civ-members for coins, 8 classical RPG characters. They spawn with skills, equipment and unique abilities. I finished the summoning and concepts and the test reactions, tomorrow I will finish the unique abilities.
 - Types are: Warrior, Mage, Ranger, Barbarian, Conjurer, Bard, Cleric and Monk.
- Removed noeat nodrink from humans (leftover from testing)
- Changed prices for guilds. Guild permit is now 1000 instead of 5000, and each upgrade is +1000, instead of 5000. So first upgrade is 2000, second is 3000, third is 4000, fifth and last is 5000. In total that means basic guilds are much cheaper, and the overall cost dipped from 25.000 for a fully upgraded guild to 15.000.
- Added a "Stone Splitting Block", similar to the wood splitting. Costs 1 block, skill used is stonecrafter. Takes any boulder, makes 8 blocks. That should help with the surface constructions. Size is 3x1, to keep it small.
- Cave adaption takes 5 times longer to start.

I think mining speed should be much slower for humans (can that be adjusted in the raws?)
And / or they should learn mining much slower.

This will disincentivize mining for humans.

moseythepirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: July 28, 2014, 12:41:39 am »

I think mining speed should be much slower for humans (can that be adjusted in the raws?)
And / or they should learn mining much slower.

This will disincentivize mining for humans.
I don't know if you've played with the build he released, but mining is already very slow with the humans, because of the aforementioned cave adaptation. After a while (a week, was it?), they start to get dizzy and slow...it's a bad scene, man. Slow mining speed+a limited time underground won't so much disincentivize mining for humans as make it almost impossible.

On a side note, I am getting really excited for the release of Humans ^_^
Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.

Vabalokis

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McKneeGrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: July 28, 2014, 01:30:29 am »

good to see you back

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #419 on: July 28, 2014, 02:21:32 am »

I "fixed" the issue with the moneychanging. In the beginning you often had copper and silver coins and no way to change them to gold coins... which made it impossible to buy building upgrades, including the one for the moneychanger.

I changed the way traders accept goods. If it was "x for 500 coppers" its now "x*4 for 500 sovereigns", or if it was "x for 1000 shillings", its now "x for 500 sovereigns". In short: There are no copper or silver coins anymore from traders. Its all gold now. Just the quantity of the goods changed. You have to sell more, but get gold directly.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 37