Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 37

Author Topic: 30 Days of Modding - Day 30 - Done!  (Read 70011 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: 30 Days of Modding - Day 19 - I am back again. :)
« Reply #420 on: July 28, 2014, 03:50:32 am »

Tavern done. :)

Deons Tavern
You can hire adventurers in the tavern. It costs a lot of gold, but will spawn a new unit with pre-set skills and equipment. Most of them also have unique abilities. You might have these special human castes as migrants. They cant join normal guilds, so keep that in mind. You have access to 8 adventurers:

Warrior
The warrior has 5 points in shield, armor and sword skill and 10 in melee combat. He has above average strength and endurance and spawns with a full set of silk clothing, steel armor, a steel shield and long sword.

Ranger
The ranger has 10 points in ranged combat and hunting, and 5 points in bow usage. He has above average agility, and spawns with a full set of silk clothing, hardened leather armor, quiver, 25 steel bolts and a steel recurve bow.

Barbarian
The barbarian has 10 points in axe combat and dodging, has above average strength and endurance, can enter combat trances, feels no fear. She spawns with a steel greataxe and hardened leather armor, pants and boots.

Bard
The bard has legendary 15 skill points in playing music. Who would have thought. Its an unused social skill, its more flavor than anything else. He spawns with a full set of silk clothing, and gives everyone around him +15% strength and +15% endurance, as well as no fear and likes fighting.

Monk
The monk has legendary 15 skill points in striking, kicking and dodging, as well as 10 in praying. He is sterile and never father kids, and spawns with a silk robe, pants and shoes. He has above average focus and spatial sense.

Cleric
The cleric has 3 points in all medical skills as well as hammer combat. She give everyone around her a 100%+ bonus to recuperation, which means that units heal wounds twice as fast. Thats not important in combat, but a hospital run by her will be twice as effective. She spawns with silk robes, pants and shoes, but no weapon.

Mage
The mage has legendary 15 skill points in magic weapon usage and spawns with a steel mage staff, silk robes, pants and shoes. She can use two spells, hailstorm and waterbolt, both projectile attacks with range 20. No friendly fire, very safe to use.

Conjurer
The conjurer has no special skill points and spawns only with a silk robe, pants and shoes. She does randomly spawn mephits, small scaly elemental demons, around her; on average 5 a year. These come in 4 types, fire, ice, acid and air, and can be farmed for scales and meat, or used as guard animals.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: July 28, 2014, 04:02:14 am »

Those are pretty sweet; I like the monk the best.

Vabalokis

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McKneeGrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: July 28, 2014, 04:59:06 am »

Monk with wolfram knuckle duster will rape face

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #423 on: July 28, 2014, 05:13:20 am »

First you have to get your hands on one ;)

I added buildsmats to all buildings, as well as hotkeys. Did some more test embarks.

Edit: Finished the clothing merchant stall. :)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 05:59:12 am by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

AJC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: July 28, 2014, 06:40:20 am »

hey meph what do you think about the change to obsidian in 40.05 it now has defined proper sheer and yield values so edged weapons made of it should cut now instead of being rendered blunt because of using stone template's low values.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: July 28, 2014, 06:53:01 am »

hey meph what do you think about the change to obsidian in 40.05 it now has defined proper sheer and yield values so edged weapons made of it should cut now instead of being rendered blunt because of using stone template's low values.

Obsidian can cut stuff properly again? Happy I am.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: July 28, 2014, 07:32:49 am »

Sucks that
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
you can't make it that after the cave adaption the transform into nasty dangeous cave people that are berserk to anything alive.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #427 on: July 28, 2014, 07:37:13 am »

I could, but I wont.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: July 28, 2014, 07:42:21 am »

Plus it wouldn't really make sense. It takes generations to get something like a troglodyte out of humans.

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: July 28, 2014, 07:43:37 am »

I could, but I wont.

My miner worked too long in digging out the underground storage rooms and got a little CHUD. :)

I see that you have sneakily updated Masterwork, Meph. Is the human fixes in this patch or they still not in the main build?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #430 on: July 28, 2014, 07:45:22 am »

I have not updated anything.

Edit: Gnomish Workshop now has reactions. It can tinker with bronze, iron, steel or glass. It costs bars and mechanisms of the material (except for glasses), and might or might not generate a random gnomish gadget.

And about the too-pricy blocks someone reported:

9 marble blocks => lots of them, for aboveground in white

[REACTION:BUY_HUMAN_9]
   [NAME:Buy marbles blocks(50) for 1000 sovereigns]
   [BUILDING:TRADER_HUMAN:CUSTOM_I]
   [REAGENT:A:1000:COIN:NONE:INORGANIC:GOLD]
   [PRODUCT:100:50:BLOCKS:NONE:INORGANIC:MARBLE]
   [SKILL:NEGOTIATION]

[REACTION:BUY_HUMAN_10]
   [NAME:Buy obsidian blocks(50) for 1000 sovereigns]
   [BUILDING:TRADER_HUMAN:CUSTOM_J]
   [REAGENT:A:1000:COIN:NONE:INORGANIC:GOLD]
   [PRODUCT:100:50:BLOCKS:NONE:INORGANIC:OBSIDIAN]
   [SKILL:NEGOTIATION]

Its 1000 gold for 50 blocks now. :) And I made it darker.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 08:25:40 am by Meph »

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: July 28, 2014, 08:48:02 am »

Heh. I got the dates wrong. :)

One of the perils of working from home is that you never know what day it is.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #432 on: July 28, 2014, 08:52:12 am »

I know that problem. I never know what weekday it is, although my watch shows the date (the number) itself. :D

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: July 28, 2014, 09:21:08 am »

I know that problem. I never know what weekday it is, although my watch shows the date (the number) itself. :D

Heh. My computer shows the date, but it doesn't have much significance. It's like "Oh, look ... the 28th ..." but that particular date has no real meaning or importance. :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #434 on: July 28, 2014, 10:26:39 am »

Dev Log - Day 20

I added torches that keep cave adaption at bay. They are shields and can be equipped by the military. Currently they dont work correctly, but I left Putnam a note. It uses itemsyndrome, so he knows best.

I finished the Gnomish Workshop. A tinkerer that makes random gnome items from bronze, iron, steel or glass.

I finished the Elvish Workshop. A treesinger that takes 5 seeds of any plant or 5 acorns of any tree type + 1 soul and makes 5 adult plants or logs. Example: 5 plump helmet spawns and 1 soul = 5 plump helmets. 5 ironbark acorns + 1 soul = 5 ironbark logs.

I finished Deon's Tavern. You can hire up to 8 different rpg characters to aid in your fortress:
Deons Tavern
You can hire adventurers in the tavern. It costs a lot of gold, but will spawn a new unit with pre-set skills and equipment. Most of them also have unique abilities. You might have these special human castes as migrants. They cant join normal guilds, so keep that in mind. You have access to 8 adventurers:

Warrior
The warrior has 5 points in shield, armor and sword skill and 10 in melee combat. He has above average strength and endurance and spawns with a full set of silk clothing, steel armor, a steel shield and long sword.

Ranger
The ranger has 10 points in ranged combat and hunting, and 5 points in bow usage. He has above average agility, and spawns with a full set of silk clothing, hardened leather armor, quiver, 25 steel bolts and a steel recurve bow.

Barbarian
The barbarian has 10 points in axe combat and dodging, has above average strength and endurance, can enter combat trances, feels no fear. She spawns with a steel greataxe and hardened leather armor, pants and boots.

Bard
The bard has legendary 15 skill points in playing music. Who would have thought. Its an unused social skill, its more flavor than anything else. He spawns with a full set of silk clothing, and gives everyone around him +15% strength and +15% endurance, as well as no fear and likes fighting.

Monk
The monk has legendary 15 skill points in striking, kicking and dodging, as well as 10 in praying. He is sterile and never father kids, and spawns with a silk robe, pants and shoes. He has above average focus and spatial sense.

Cleric
The cleric has 3 points in all medical skills as well as hammer combat. She give everyone around her a 100%+ bonus to recuperation, which means that units heal wounds twice as fast. Thats not important in combat, but a hospital run by her will be twice as effective. She spawns with silk robes, pants and shoes, but no weapon.

Mage
The mage has legendary 15 skill points in magic weapon usage and spawns with a steel mage staff, silk robes, pants and shoes. She can use two spells, hailstorm and waterbolt, both projectile attacks with range 20. No friendly fire, very safe to use.

Conjurer
The conjurer has no special skill points and spawns only with a silk robe, pants and shoes. She does randomly spawn mephits, small scaly elemental demons, around her; on average 5 a year. These come in 4 types, fire, ice, acid and air, and can be farmed for scales and meat, or used as guard animals.

I added buildmats to all buildings.

I added hotkeys to all buildings.

Minor bugfixes.

I changed the quantities on all trader reactions so that you can buy and sell everything with gold coins. No more silver and copper, this should decrease micromanagemt a lot, and allows me to replace the moneychanger with another building in future.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 37